Buff instead of nerf

When everyone talks about nerfing heroes for being too good, wouldn’t it be better to buff heroes that are too weak or nearly useless?
Let’s look at things another way.
I’ll give an example the older HMs have low stats and comparing their skill with new heroes is the same thing as comparing wine with water.
It wouldn’t be useful to please someone who has already spent too much and is no longer available to spend on a costume, lots of money so that the useless hero becomes a little useful.
Stop nerf, yes to buff!

7 Likes

It has always been better practice to strengthen the weak instead of weakening the strong when trying to balance, but $G doesn’t actually care about balance. If they did they wouldn’t make every released hero obviously stronger than the previous.

3 Likes

Better for the players, maybe. Not better for revenue. Without revenue, the game wouldn’t be here. So the “maybe”. It’s not just a matter of keeping players happy… it’s a matter of keeping them as players.

2 Likes

@GHF666
I wholeheartedly agree …. Some of the old S1, S2 and HOTM and even some of the event heroes are practically redundant in the current game.
And I keep saying that in Beta …
The game has become too top heavy in new shiny super strong heroes that players field multiples of …. Costume Alasie was a recent one mentioned the forum today.
All this power creep is at the expense of the old heroes sitting in our roster (I have some 5* at 4/80 that I have not used in months others at 3/70 that I have never used).
If SG are serious about balancing the game they need to do something about buffing the heroes that continually sit it out on the bench …
But - as others have said, none of that will greatly increase their revenue…

2 Likes

alas, it would indeed be the player-friendly thing to do.

but instead, more powerful heroes will be released… and for weaker older heroes, costumes instead will be released :frowning:

Nerfs arent better for players or revenue. Every nerf results in players quitting, players spending less, and players being angry. The only buffs any players have been upset about are the ones done right before the respective summon portal, to already OP heroes. Like they did with the magic heroes, that they then had to nerf lol.

3 Likes

That would be awesome. The older heroes can definitely use some buff!!! It would great for people playing since the launch of this game.

1 Like

I agree with the sentiment, but what you’re asking for has nothing to do with balance. Nerfing an OP hero and buffing useless heroes are NOT two sides of the same coin. They’re completely different things.

Nerfs are done when a certain character is too strong compared to the rest of the field. To achieve the same effect through buffs, literally every single other hero would need to be buffed. Considering how many heroes there are in the game, such an approach would be horrifically inefficient and doing so would introduce more problems than it solves.

Buffing completely irrelevant Heroes so they become just a little bit better isn’t balancing; it’s a QoL update for F2Ps. I’d like to see it happen, of course. It’s long overdue. But that’s not really relevant for balance.

Case in point: when Ferant needed a nerf, whether Elena was a LITTLE worse than Ferant or a LOT worse than Ferant was absolutely irrelevant, because Elena is SUPPOSED to be worse than Elizabeth, and the problem was that Ferant was better than Elizabeth.

2 Likes