[BUFF IDEA] So about Shale

So, about Shale. Don’t be afraid of words, Shale is weak. Definitelly the worst Ninja Hero and needs huge buff to be at least usable.

Let’s check Shale’s current special:

x1 Mana Charge:

• The caster regenerates 411 HP over 3 turns.
• Cleanses status ailments from the caster.

x2 Mana Charge:

• The caster and nearby allies regenerate 549 HP over 3 turns.
• Cleanses status ailments from the caster and nearby allies.

x3 Mana Charge:

• All allies regenerate 714 HP over 3 turns.
• Cleanses status ailments from all allies.

I get the idea of “more charges - more healing”, but x1 is… just bad. Self healing without any profit, I see no practical use to x1 speed. x2 is situational and x3 is doing what healer should do - heal. But it’s healing over time. So at current state Shale needs to charge to x3 (what is slower than Very Slow) to be… worse version of Rigard, who is Average.

So,what would I change? First, remove cleanses. Fire heroes have plenty of cleansers. But you know what they DON’T have? That’s right - Dispellers. Changing cleaning to dispelling will make unique mechanic for Shale. This is how I see Shale with new special:

x1 Mana Charge:

• All allies regenerate 300 HP over 3 turns.
• Dispels buffs from the target.

x2 Mana Charge:

• All allies regenerate 500 HP over 3 turns.
• Dispels buffs from the target and nearby enemies.

x3 Mana Charge:

• All allies regenerate 700 HP over 3 turns.
• Dispels buffs from all enemies.

First of all - it’s the only red dispeller. Second of all - it’s finally usable at healer. Third of all - it keeps unique 100/200/300% charges mechanic. With this special Shale could be CONSIDERED as healer on any serious team.

Bonus points: change class to Barbarian. It will be unusable as much as Wizard, but at least we would finally have Barbarian healer for collection purpose.

What do you think? Let’s discuss!

I hate shale’s design. I’d settle for a small heal to all at first charge. Just has to affect all allies or I’ll never use him and he’ll continue to sit at 1/1.

He doesn’t have to be as good as costume rigard, but he has to be better than he currently is.

1 Like

I totally 100% agree that Shale is well …… just pants as he/she is.
So yes needs a buff to at least equal the other ninjas.
Mine will sit at 1/1 until SG makes it worthwhile to use up the mats. And any duplicates will be fed away.
Just saying

Is Ninja Renfeld or Ninja Belith any good as that is all I seem to get from Ninja hero pulls ???

I believe in Hikaru supremacy :star: