Buff Guinevere for crying out loud

She was the undoubted Queen once upon a time many chased her (or got her by dumb luck (me))
Now I use her only as a matter of principle and even Limit Broke her.
She was actually nerfed back in the day so she really needs a buff so she might heal all and her def against Dark gets up to 94% again that won’t make her OP but still a great healer and not dead and unemblemed in most Rosters.

Could also make the heal instant rather than over time or give another elements like blind etc

2 Likes
  • Reduces the mana of all enemies by 20%.
  • All allies health is boosted by 500 HP.
    exceeds max HP, it is added as temporary HP.
  • All enemies get -24% mana generation for 4 turns. Against Dark characters, this status effect becomes uncleansable and lasts 2 turns longer.

I’m worried that my idea will become the idea of this greedy SG staff to be used as a costume for the queen of Guinevere!!

7 Likes

My suggested change is this:

Guinevere
:up: Reduces the mana of all Dark enemies by 40%. Reduces the mana of all other enemies by 20%.
:up: All allies regenerate 612 HP over 4 turns
:up: All allies get +54% defense against Dark for 4 turns

10 Likes

Ah yes, let’s not have just the mana reduction, but let’s add Elizabeth’s -mana generation and slap on 500 HP boosted health to the entire team. Because that would be balanced, right?

Guinevere is excellent in any rush tournament or war and does not need a buff.

2 Likes

I disagree that this means she does not need a buff. Being great only in rush means a hero is generally poor everywhere else.

In addition, I think it would be great for the overall meta to see a revival of yellow tanks (and let’s be clear, Guinevere is nowhere near as strong as she once was) to help shift away from the never-ending purple tanks.

With the caveat that her bulk will still be wanting compared to modern heroes, this is what I propose:

• Reduces mana of all enemies by 20%. (This is what made her a great tank back in the day and should remain the core part of her skill)
  • The caster and nearby allies regenerate 612 HP over 4 turns. (This I would change to 600 boosted HP over 4 turns to all allies. The caster and nearby healing is a relic of a bygone era and I think should largely be eliminated when modern heroes are doing more. This would also give her some protection against the inevitable powercreep as she could still be a useful healer on offense when better tanks are released, so she still has a niche)
  • The caster and nearby allies get +54% defense against Dark for 4 turns. (This I would replace with a Sif-style damage reduction for all allies of 30%)

Taken together, these make Guinevere a more viable tank for the modern era while also giving her a definite niche on offense. And while these changes improve her by a fair amount, they leave her counters fundamentally unchanged. She still gets hard-countered by Seshat. She is still at the mercy of the numerous purple dispellers, and on top of that, new heroes like Diaochan and the purple buff blockers (e.g. cPanther) leave her in a bad place.

7 Likes

I dont have any idea how to buff her, but she needs to be usable again. She was a great hero and just needs to be brought up to todays hero level.

1 Like

Actually the buff is in her future costume. Patience

3 Likes

Why not telluria? I dont really care more about Buffs or nerfs. Sg does what they want. I really dont care anymore

1 Like

I’d be in favor of buffing both Guinevere and Telluria. Anything that chips away at the dominance of purple tanks is a plus in my book.

Ideally, I would like to see all tank colors be equally viable in war.

5 Likes

My suggestion for Guinevere costume.

• The caster steels 15% mana from all enemies

• All allies health is boosted by 500 HP.
Exceeds max HP, it is added as temporary HP.

• All allies are immune to new status ailments for 3 turns.
• All allies get +54% defense against special skills

1 Like

Our Alliance actually switched to purple because all we ever see are green and blue, with a smattering of red. I would be happy if Guinevere stayed pretty much as-is, except she heals the entire team. No 5* healer should just work on adjacent allies.

2 Likes

With over heal included.

I have started to use guin once again on offence and she’s actually still fun to use when given to opportunity. The mana cut still comes in clutch at times and it’s the closest counter to xnolphod’s main threat in the current meta

The queen just needs her dark Defence up to include all allies and have it be undispellable since mono dark is too OP

1 Like

SG will soon release her costume. kindly wait

She’ll get a costume eventually, not a buff.

A retired queen of defense is still worth of some respect!

Make regenerated health bigger (> 700) and applied to all allies. The regenerated health can exceed max HP.

JF has been buffed and has 94% Def vs Ice.

Neith mana cuts 20%, blinds and hits for 200% on fast speed.

She should be able to heal all and her def buff vs dark can definitely go back to 94%. I think many people wouldn’t mind her costume addition if her base form also made some sense in today’s meta.

1 Like

Neith is average. That said, I do agree that Guinevere needs a buff to make her relevant nowadays.

I agree with this buff. Guinevere definitely needs a buff. The idea of overheal with affecting all Allies will be a good buff.

1 Like