Buff Delilah

Delilah is a good, well-balanced hero, but her stats are outdated. She’s a fighter, which is great for the revive. She has a good family defense bonus. The percentages for her heal and minions are spot on for average speed mana. Literally, all Delilah needs is improved stats. She’ll gain more survivability and her minions will improve because they are percentage based. This buff would be super easy, barely an inconvenience! :grin:

She’s rather outdated now. Her costume just as bad.

She’s very OP with the revive followed by heal.

As arguably the weakest of the 5*, full-team, yellow healers, I agree that Delilah could use a buff. And with her costume being largely identical, I believe it too is due for a buff.

To that end, I would propose:

Delilah

• Recovers 40% health for all allies.
• Summons a Guardian Minion for each ally with 20% HP and 20% attack inherited from the caster.
• Element Link gives +10% mana generation for all Holy allies for 4 turns. This effect cannot be dispelled.

This slight buff makes her more relevant in a time when every other 5* yellow healer not only heals more, but also has useful secondary effects. Thus, while she cannot compete in terms of utility, or even healing amount, her effective heal is higher due to bulkier minions and a slightly higher heal amount. She would still be nowhere near the likes of Cleopatra, Director Zuri, or even Vivica with costumes, but would be better than she is now.

cDelilah

As healers go, Delilah is pretty boring with only direct healing and minions. Lady of the Lake is similar, but has minions that do something interesting. Mother North has revive on top of this type of healing. Zuri has more healing and also cleanses on top of it. Given that it looks like yellow tanks are on the rise, I would suggest orienting cDelilah towards this end. As such, I would propose:

• Boosts health of all allies by 400. Boosted health can exceed max HP.
• Summons a Guardian Minion for each ally with 12% HP and 15% attack inherited from the caster.
• The Guardian Minion gives +40% defense against Special Skills for as long as the owner has Guardian Minions.
• All allies reduce all received damage by -50% for 4 turns.
• Element Link gives +10% mana generation for all Holy allies for 4 turns. This effect cannot be dispelled.

While this does not quite make Delilah a modern tank since she is neither dealing heavy damage nor providing mana control, it does take the more old-fashioned approach of making a tank built to take a hit. Between modest overhealing and the damage reduction, Delilah provides a decent amount of bulk. Throw in her paladin talent, and she has potential to be very sturdy.

Added to this is the bulk provided by her minions. This was chosen for a several reasons and after careful consideration. I judged that the healing and damage reduction were not quite enough by themselves, so I had to find a way to make her sturdier, but without leaving her completely vulnerable to a dispel and without making her an unbreakable wall. Since her minions already look similar to the special skill defense buff icon, it seemed a natural fit to add that effect to her minions. This also gives her something that cannot be dispelled, while introducing the vulnerability to minion controllers. She would of course be vulnerable to buff blockers however.

Although this would leave her as a passive tank, she would not just be a sitting duck like say Aegir. A buff blocker could stop much of what she does, but not all of it since her heal and minions would be independent. A dispeller could not completely shut her down like it would Aegir. And a minion remover would counter part of her skill, and perhaps punish the team, but not stop all she does. Thus, she would have numerous checks, but no complete counters, making her a balanced tank.

This proposed cDelilah would also be immensely helpful on offense as she would be a valuable check to the rampant, out of control damage-creep by allowing attacking teams to take a few hits rather than be wiped out by one hit from Khufu, Anne, or Jove.

2 Likes