Buff and Nerf of Heroes: Hanitra, Balbar and Xnolphod

It beats my imagination that while heroes like Vela and Telluria were nerfed for some reasons, we have some powerful heroes released in recent times. Hanitra and Balbar need to be buffed. I want to suggest that Haintra 's special should include ability to hit and the dodge should be increased over the current 45%. Also, I don’t see the usefulness of the sleeping Balbar cause to opponent since it lasts just after an attack. For me, it will be much useful if the number of attack before the opponent wakes is increased. Hero like Xnolphod needs to be Nerfed. It does so many things that we have seen other heroes not doing and they were nerfed. I want to suggest that the mana speed should be slow rather than been average. Or else those percentages of mana enhancement should be reduced.

It will be good if Vela and Telluria can be buffed a bit. Let them be close to their former self. These two heroes have been cheated.

4 Likes

While I agree on Balbar and Hanitra, Xnolphod nerf is not gonna happen. Why? Because of Ruby, Ludwig, Quennel and bunch of other recent or upcoming heroes… Since SG/Zynga has gone this way, it will be nothing short of suicide to nerf them all. And theese heroes are somewhat ballanced by being much less available than HotM’s. And yes, I would really like to see Telluria + Vela reverted to their pre-nerf selves, since the current meta no longer justify this nerf.

Hanitras special works very well as is, thank you very much. And not hitting can be an advantage at times

4 Likes

Lucky man.

Hanitra: While I do agree that not hitting can be an advantage like avoiding selfkills on riposte, not making dodging heroes proc their secondary effect or not incresing stacking mechanics I too think that Hanitra needs an upfront value on her special like I said pre-release in BETA and after-release here:

Balbar: he is seriously lacking and he 100% needs to be empowered.

Xnolphod: he is very strong and he has become the tank of choice for many top alliances.
His strong point is to lower the time to work around the board by quickening the mana of his allies. The best “nerf” to Xnolphod would be to buff older heroes stats because as the game is progressing the difference between older heroes’ attack score and newer heroes defense score is just too big, excessively lowering their chances to do anything at all.

Taking as a example the s4 “nuke hero” Octros:

and the best s1 “hero of choice” Magni we can imagine the difference between the damage dealt and the damage taken by both of them.

To lower the impact of many “overpowered” heroes the best choice is just to buff the outdated ones.

Shameless promotion:

3 Likes

Xnolphod is very good but I do not think he’s OP. I still opt to use RigardC instead of Xnolpod on many ocassions.

Now, if Xnolphod had cleanse, then he would be ridiculously OP.

1 Like

I honestly don’t think Xnolphod is all that, there are plenty of toughies out there but I just don’t think he’s one of them.

I always raid with mono yellow because ~

A. It’s my strongest team

B. It really helps me to practise working the board so I can improve for wars.

The only exception is going again an all yellow team obvs :roll_eyes:

He can be taken out with three yellow shields.

I think he’s fine as is.

Han and Bal I can agree with.

Again come the complaints…

• Firstly, Xnolphod doesn’t need to be nerfed. I face him & deal with him. Think, plan & play.

• Hanitra is fine, as she is. She is designed in her unique way & comparing her with other hitting dodgers is comical. So, again…. Think, plan & play. Expand playing style, instead of wanting to be given your convenIence style hero design.

• Balbar, I haven’t used him & don’t see myself using him. I have also not been affected by his sleeping :zzz: curse so far & whack him fairly easily. Some rework of his card would be useful to justify him being called an HoTM.

Finally, using the above to demand old heroes be super- buffed is hilarious. Such expectations keep keep certain players BITTER 24x7. So again, please think, suggest realistically, so someone at SG will think & consider.

Happy playing.

1 Like

As they published a F.A.Q. where they said

From time to time, we do buff older Heroes to keep them viable and fun to play with. We review player feedback on existing Heroes routinely, so the best way to get your opinion heard is to share your ideas on our Community Forum, under the Ideas & Feature Requests category.

It’s not that hilarous at all, actually I think that it’s just sad that players would think the way you do.

5 Likes

Well, I play the game & hence find ways to deal with things… instead of all the time searching & talking about issues ….
&
I have requested a realistic approach…. For buff requests.

As said above, constant complaining creates bitterness & doesn’t allow playing the game fun to happen.

Your speed to reply with a victimhood tone to it…. simply confirms my above words.

1 Like

Really, it doesn’t make the least sense of a hero of the month like balbar to silence the opponent and he wakes up with an attack. I think it should be at least three for him to be a good hero.

1 Like

You write as if other players aren’t playing the game and finding ways to deal with it too and as if talking about game’s issues in the game’s forum is a dumb thing to do.

But sure, if that is what you think I won’t spend anymore of my time talking with you.

5 Likes

This thread is not about the complaining. OP is requesting to buff or nerf few hero’s based on his game play experience. I think he has the right to do that as per the forum rules :blush:

About this topic Xnolphod is one of the best purple tank right now but he is just same like most of the recent hero’s. I suggest to buff weak hero’s like balbar, Reuben, chakkoszrot etc.

8 Likes

IMO the best way to rebalance the game is to create a S1 family bonus.
E. g. 5 % attack bonus for 2, 5% defense and 10% mana generation bonus for three heroes in a team.
After this older/weaker HotM could be strengthened: Noor, Perseus, Reuben, Balbar, Natalya and maybe Telluria. Vela is a decent hero. Yes she once was stronger, but what about others who were stronger long time ago? Like Ares, Guinivere and even Boldtusk long time ago?
We should not restore heroes to their old glory, but keep most of them playable, thats the goal of rebalancing.
Happy gaming

2 Likes

Why were Vela and Telluria nerfed? Afterall there were players taking them down as at the time of their release with proper planning. For me, some heroes are still too powerful, while some so called heroes of the month are not worth it. Do you remember the case of Margaret? Eventually something was done to her, I still believe that was not enough.

You r generalising.

I spoke specific to the OP 3 heroes with my understanding about each of them as per my experience.

While complaining can go on & on…. Playing with those heroes is the key & this very forum has enough sharings of how to use each hero.

In your OP, Hanitra complain that it doesn’t have hitting ability showed that you r simplying complaining to somehow & anyhow have specific abilities that you r comfortable with in the heroes that you have.

Well, to that specifically, I wrote, which you can read above, if you r interested.

About Telluria & Vela, people complained & SG panicked. Personally, they should not have been nerfed….& people should have been allowed to find their way.
Bcoz
That nerfing started this expectation in certain players that if we crib, cry, complain a LOT, then SG will nerf to make things convenient….

Well, I m responding to that…. I don’t want any change to Xnolphod & Hanitra. Balbar needs some attention.

I m simply defending what I find is correct & don’t care about complainers beyond a limit. I should be allowed to play with heroes I m fine with in their original form.

Now that is a constructive suggestion bcoz, S1 doesn’t have. Family Bonus….

I agree with hero improvement suggestions
&
have written about all 3 separately in my first reply as I have experienced.

1 Like

I agree. He’s strong, but fine.

(The comments some make that 3 yellow tiles from mono yellow kills him is a red herring though. That fact doesn’t mean he’s not OP…)

It is easy for people to compare her to costume Kadilen and think she needs a buff. Similar stats… Boosted health sightly better than the minion… Resist max health reduction vs. damage. Seems like Hanitra is not as good.

But what about…

Passive 1: 5% mana on buff received. Just her own special gets her back to 10% mana. → She basically moves from fast to very fast

Passive 2: Inate resistance against ailments that block the use of special skills. → She’s immune to heros like Alfrike, Miki, etc…

And now the 2021 family bonus has been activated which is a nice boost (aka buff).

Hanitra is a solid hero.

7 Likes

Agree with everything you said. I use her to add survivability to my team so that I can get tree to cast, and in that role she does consistently very well (with the occasional fail, which can be expected when delaing with RNG)

Also I think C Kad’s damage is (generally) too minor to be a factor in the battle. On the flip side, Hanitra not hitting is often beneficial to you where you are facing riposte heroes or opposing C Kads/Hanitras/Inaris.

In terms of the actual special the 275hp overheal is more beneficial than the smaller minions that can at times be taken advantage of.

I think some people just cannot wrap their heads around alternate styles of play which don’t involve whamming and bhamming and thank you maamming

4 Likes