Buddy grades a "B"?

That’s where you’re wrong. He is grading the 4’s and 5’s on the same playing field. That’s the only way some of these make sense. And if they aren’t graded on the same playing field, then Buddy with a C grade at tank is laughable.

1 Like

I use Tarlak, Greg, Lianna, Buddy, and Evelyn and it is an A+ combo for titans. Buddy is a great catalyst, making others around him stronger and adding chip (minion) damage as well. There is a lot of space between an A and a B grade, and I’d say Buddy is at home in that space.

3 Likes

My personal experience with Buddy.

I don’t have any 5s capped. My highest 5 is Elena at 3/70.

My def setup is Sonja - Elena - Buddy - Rigard - Grimm

Those are actually my only capped hero’s right now.

I’m in platinum league now and I probably win like 80% of enemies raids and revenges. I’m at 2200 cups atm with that team which I think is pretty good for mostly 4*s

I don’t think I’d be that good if it wasn’t for Buddy

1 Like

Using Buddy as a tank?

In Romania we have a saying “do not mix apples with pears”. A Grade A does not turn a 4 * hero into a 5 * hero. I do not understand why there is no distinction between the hero groups. Anchor’s guide offers guidance to new players and not just the usefulness of some heroes. If I had discovered it at the beginning of the game, I did not feed Justice with five Wu Kong.

Yup 20 characters etc

I don’t think there’s a better green Titan team than this

My log for today so far. Buddy is tank

I could argue that Tarlak / Evelyn / Zeline / Greg/ Athena is a better team. Athena gives a stronger -defense and Zeline a stronger -attack. The direct damage from Lianna’s special is a rounding error ina good titans run.

Athena’s automatically a B on that titan due to rares. The difference between her neutral AP and buddy’s strong AP works to the favor of monochrome green. Without rares it’s a wash, rares tilt it Buddy. Zeline could beat out Lianna.

Well, sure, I’d never bring Athena against a rare blue titan. Buddy is the choice there.

Buddy’s tiles will do about 30% more damage than Athena’s (not 100% owing to the very low attack stat), but that’s easily offset by Athena’s huge -defense.

1 Like

I have a MN - Tarlak - Eve - Zel - Lianna team, all in 3rd ascension that tears it up. 80k on a blue rare yesterday. Tried buddy on there but unfortunately I dont have in 4th ascension yet so he gets 1 shot

Rankings are always subjective to a person’s specific team or situation. Anchor’s guide does a very good job of comparing apples to apples and oranges to oranges.

A chick in a training alliance I ran for a while was running mostly 3s with skittle her only 4 or above until she pulled Khagen on a single pull. Try to convince her that Khagen isn’t an A+.

1 Like

He is a sturdy ship but can’t penetrate enemy lines himself, especially with tile damage. Good supporting role but his attack stat is really low. Of course if you have Evelyn it’s a different story

Buddy gets an “A” in my book. One of the best 4* in the game. There is more to the game than just heavy hitters. He is a tanky 4* and great set up man for the real heavy hitters. His AD and DD can debuff the enemies AU and DU.

PS that anchor sheet hasn’t been updated in a year. Plus it’s just a guide and shouldn’t control your play.

Check again :wink: has been updated:

https://www.anchorgamed.com/Grades

2 Likes

Buddy isn’t a b rated hero except primarily on offense.

Buddy is worth to get A+ grade for sure, but when talking about his face and outfit B grade is still overrated… :joy:

Caed is not good enough in his own. Caedmon is good together with Almur, so there is at least a use for him if you don’t have a better fast option (Lianna).

Buddy will fire after Almur, but will benefit from the elemental def down most of the time. So if I had Buddy he would be used ahead of Caed for sure.

But Sonya doesn’t even have a good companion? Whom do you pair her with? Grimm is very poor match. Triton?

i must say that he is a bit underwhelming. Almur is much better. I think buddies special should be 4 turns instead of 3.