🦸‍♂️ Budatín - 3* Dark / Purple from Sanctuary of Gargoyles

I guess this hero and Vlad can form a club of really awful 3*. maybe Morris and Prisca can join too… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Unfortunately, he’s not even good for that scenario. He only affects mana gained from the tiles, not attack power.

As a newer player, I would have loved BudatĂ­n.

These days, I generally only go mono or 4/1 against titans. But back then, I only had enough good troops for maybe two flags in wars. For the rest, I’d gather up a mono gaggle of 3* and hope to take out tank positions to help the rest of my team. A mana generator (especially with a little gargoyle tankiness) would have been awesome.

Granted, if I got him now I’d just feed him to a better hero.

1 Like

Very simple, just give him +10% mana to all allies, like a 3* baby xnolphod. That was what xnolphod was originally in beta anyways
And with a 3 hit stoneskin passive, that will be a game changer

3 Likes

Should one of the options be “Food” for the question “How do you think ‘X’ will be best used?”? :joy:

2 Likes

I eat all the 3* this event gave me, I’d rather get a trainer than the event 3* :rofl:

The tile can have only 1 effect. So, he can overwrite the attack down on tile from yellow mystic titan. However, that is the only where he can be useful.

And An-Windr :smile:

1 Like

And they’re all Purple too! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I came here to ask if someone had found any use for this guy. Seems like no, nobody did.

2 Likes

And that waste of space was the only one I pulled. Ffs

Both rares from this event are bad but this one is just useless. This event hero power distribution is crazy.

1 absurdly overpowered Epic, while other ok but nothing special about.

The legendaries are most in the edge of being overpowered. Lot of them are Nuke all heroes. Gaillard hits almost 2x as Lianna.

Then the rares both are season 1 level heroes.
Feel like whoever made their designs got their salary delayed for 4 months.:-1:t3:

2 Likes

Yes the only way to get something out is to put him with proteus and kagerabudo and still he sucks becose he should start with 100% mana Via he’s only 3 star he dies so complety broken

I take it there is still noone who has found any use for him?

Does anyone have any idea what the idea behind him might have been? I mean this special seems so utterly useless, i have no clue what the intention of this hero was.

Obviously attack is totally out of the question. (use 10 purple tiles to charge him and then use the special to improve the 2 or 3 tiles left in random corners of the board? or how long is one supposed to wait until there is a considerable amount of purple tiles on the board after charging the special? That guy would need a 10 step stone skin before firing his special to still be alive at that point)
So defense as a treevil counter? but again how is that supposed to work? Can´t place him in tank because people just bring anything but purple and use him as a tile dump to charge all their specials with zero repercussions.
So what a yellow tank? with Budatin flank? How long is that going to take on defense without mana troops? Even treevil will be charged before budatin and we all know what happens then …

So really what was the idea? I must be missing something, I just can´t figure it out…

3 Likes

I have adjusted the OP with the June balance updates.

The mana will charge the GOOD heroes faster

Super niche hero . Will be useful in a titan team to boost mana for the good heroes and useful on purple teams to BOOST mana for the better dark heroes .

Not really, he´s average speed. So you need to have 10 purple tiles first to charge him. then you fire and change the remaining tiles to produce a bit more mana. How many purple tiles do you expect to have by then? But say you have 3 or 4 more tiles after those first 10,they are probably spread out around the board and you can´t even match them. So zero benefit and nobody is charging any faster. Sure if you have 20 purple tiles on the board it´s nice, but you will win that match much faster if you use any other purple hero that actually does something…

6 Likes

I was trying to build some stoke for him and you extinguished the fire because you are correct :frowning:

2 Likes

Yeah sorry, this guy is certainly the worst of all the 3 star heroes that came out this year :frowning: Or lets say all the way back to Vollermork lol. Those 2 can shake hands… 2 entirely useless heroes, that stand out from the worst S1 heroes only because of their stats (or passives in the case of Budatin).

1 Like

Budatin, Exeera, Salmon Loki and few others is the definition of “Devs, what were you thinking”!!!
They brought Kalo(even if he was nerfed shortly after) and Budatin.