📯 Brynhild – New Season 3 Hero – 4* Nature/Green: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 3 Hero Released: Brynhild!

:bar_chart: Stats

Brynhild

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Rogue
F
Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75 743 662 1286
4/80 861 768 1491
Origin Realm
Season 3 Midgard
Image Aether Power Description
ailment-immunity Ailment Immunity At the start of each battle, this Hero is immune to new status ailments for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Valkyrie Defense
  • Recovers 37% health for the caster and nearby allies.
  • The caster and nearby allies are immune to buff dispels for 3 turns.
  • The caster and nearby allies get +74% defense against Special Skills for 3 turns.
  • The caster and nearby allies get +24% mana generation for 3 turns.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Brynhild from her last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Brynhild?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Brynhild.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Brynhild and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Brynhild worth summoning for?

• Would you use Brynhild on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Brynhild?

• What heroes would you take when facing Brynhild as an opponent?

• Would you give Brynhild Rogue Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Brynhild’s special?

• What do you think of Brynhild’s character design?

• If you Summoned Brynhild and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Brynhild and whether/how you plan to make use of him.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Brynhild when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Brynhild, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Brynhild (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Brynhild), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Season 3 Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Valhalla Epic Hero?

It’s important to remember that Season 3 Valhalla Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Season 3 Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 13.7% chance of summoning Brynhild.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 36 times out of 100, you’ll get Brynhild by pull 30
  • 59 times out of 100, you’ll get Brynhild by pull 60
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Brynhild by pull 203
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Brynhild by pull 314

Putting that in Perspective

• 64 out of every 100 people won’t get Brynhild by the 30th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 30 times, 640,000 of those players wouldn’t get Brynhild

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Brynhild by the 203rd pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 203 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Brynhild

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

7 Likes

Feedback Poll - Brynhild (post release)

Is Brynhild worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

How many Brynhild’s would be useful to keep?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • 5 or more

0 voters

What do you think Brynhild’s Primary Purpose is?

• Healer
  • Defensively Geared Support Hero (Buffer)
  • Offensively Geared Support hero (Buffer)

0 voters

What do you think of Brynhild compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

How does Brynhild’s Special Skill match her Base Stats?

Note this means her Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

Is Brynhild worth giving Rogue Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

In Defence, where do you think Brynhild is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

How do you think Brynhild will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

2 Likes

Are the heroes also immune to Guardian Chameleon’s Remove all dispellable and undispellable status effects?

This gets complicated - buffs, undispellable buffs, immunity to buff dispels, dispel buffs, remove status effects, …

7 Likes

Says buff “dispells” not buff “removal” so I’d say not…?

4 Likes

No, Chameleon can remove the dispel protection – since it prevents dispels only and not removals.

Ameonna and Stonecleave allies can remove her dispel protection as well.

I’ve added Brynhild’s dispel protection buff to the Status Effects Guide:

Worth noting is that Brynhild only protects from having buffs dispelled – so Melendor and Sabina can’t get rid of her buffs on her or allies.

It is still possible to overwrite her buffs with their opposites. That means Little John can still use his skill and apply a mana delay ManaGenDown, which replaces Brynhild’s mana speed buff ManaGenUp. Mist can also do the same, as well as replace the Special Skill defense buff DefUp_Special with her Special Skill defense debuff DefDown_Special

19 Likes

The cool thing to me is that she is a rogue. Now there is a healer I can to bring to Trial of Survival (Barbarians and rogues).

24 Likes

Protect, reverse, dispel undispellable, remove, prevent…

slowly confuses me a little bit :rofl:

7 Likes

Keen observation. That’s the first really attractive thing that I’ve seen about her.

1 Like

yup… got her with single pull from valhala coin.
i will give her all rogue emblem.

1 Like

I wonder if (with defensive emblems) she could work as a tank in 4* restricted tournaments with the attack boost per active buff rule. She is fast, applies several buffs, heals, and makes immune to buff dispels. The massive drawback is, that she only does so for 3 of 5 heroes. But still, I think it could work.

10 Likes

My fifth pull, now I have the 2 Valkyries :grin:

Could she team up with Mist?

2 Likes

Good idea, but that seems to imply that she will only fill a really small niche.

Is she better than Kashhrek as 4* green tank in defence? I think she is, because she is fast.

4 Likes

Was planning to concentrate to work on my few legendaries until I pulled her.
An epic fast healer with few other specials is just too good to ignore.
Works well as a support hero for AW and events. Attack stats will increased with emblem.
Finally, a healer for TOS.

This is the team I’ve been playing around with. Using her + Zeline + Costumed Melondor to protect my team and the Mana boost to charge Kage and Seshat faster to do all the killing. With all 3 greens active Seshat takes a 329 hit from Sartana +14 with a 953 base attack with emblems and troops. My Seshat has a base 785 defense with emblems and troops.

8 Likes

So this is my first post Hi… been playing for since last June and this site has been so helpful thank you to all…Now to Brynhild I believe she might be the best card we have ever seen she is absurdly overpowered and I love it she is the first and only fast healer and her buds are insane fully emblemed she will be my tank how will she ever die fast mana +mana generation+mana troop she us being slept on because she is a four star but any real player knows 4 stars are the life if this game and I use them to kill 5 star teams all day every day this topic feed should be flooded right now I’m so surprised its not

9 Likes

Agreed her and myst are the most happilying heroes from season 3, but people stay stuck on fenrir and tyr aka pull for 1000 euros or cry

3 Likes

Totally agree my 4s are the backbone imo and even though I have a lot of 5s I never dismiss 4’s and her and Mist and Mireweave are excellent additions

6 Likes

Exactly …