Bring Back Field Aid!

4 Likes

But in that thread earlier guvnor said that staff has got rid of FA.
So it’s all bit up in the air, just have to wait a see what happens I guess :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Not here womp. Vote? :slightly_smiling_face:

We just had the second arrows and now have moved on to equalizer, so looks like this rotation is not the most current

1 Like

Got my vote, bring it back and add to the rotation. Don’t replace anything just add. Variety is the spice of life :grin::wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes
3 Likes

1 Like

I’ll cast a vote :slight_smile:

I personally didn’t mind field aid and never understood the hate it got.

It was different and variety is the spice of life as the saying goes.

9 Likes

:sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

I can’t understand it either. It was the easiest one for me.

2 Likes

1 Like

I never liked field aid, but I’d happily take it back over War Equalizer

2 Likes

I think this vote would get more views if posted as a poll in general. I really have seen relatively very few players calling for removal of field aid. Lots of complaints as it was clearly the most difficult war type, but it certainly didn’t have the slot machine feel of VFast

1 Like

I enjoyed Field Aid because of the originality. I am disappointed the complainers got their way. I don’t understand with all the new war aids why there is a need to remove one of the old ones. I do hope Small Giant corrects this in the near future.

2 Likes

Said it before, I’ll say it again. The reason I am not a fan of Field Aid personally is because it unfairly punishes lower level players.

I am not a lower level player myself, so it’s not really an issue for me personally. But when you have a level 25 on your team that is trying to mop up one corner level +20 emblemed Rigard in a Field Aid war with his or her ragtag team of 3* heroes… then you will truly understand the definition of an exercise in futility.

Who cares? you might say. They need to level up their teams. Or join a weaker alliance. What does it matter if your lower level members score 0 points? As long as you’re getting your points, everything is cool, right?

No. Not cool. Because now not only do I have a very frustrated lower level member who thinks the game is impossible, but I also have to waste a perfectly good team of my own to take out one stupid Rigard, which is a waste of my flags.

4 Likes

@TGW
I think that everybody has gone through that experience. Yes, it used to be frustrating, seeing that there was just one enemy remaining but impossible to defeat.

I miss this field aid and the fact that some people used to put in the defense team three or four healers and a counter attack. A candy.

4 Likes

Now that I have a fairly strong bench, Field Aid doesn’t bother me much personally. But I also have a lot of lower level members in my team, and we oftentimes fight against some pretty strong defenses. In all honesty, my lower level dudes might as well just opt out of Field Aid wars, because they’re not going to score jack, diddly or squat, not even on a normally “easy” mop up opportunity. It just kind of ruins our entire team strategy.

3 Likes

I liked field aid wars and would be happy if they made a comeback. I respect everyone else’s opinions, but I’ve always liked the challenges the different war rules present. I’m not lower level anymore, but this was always my opinion on this matter.

First time I encountered Field Aid, I was in an alliance where most of us were low levels, and most of our opponents were low levels, so it wasn’t a big deal. We struggled, and so did they.

Dynamic changes quite a bit when you have a very mixed alliance. Currently my lowest warring members are level 20-something, and our highest members are level 70. LOL. Yeah, that makes for some very bizarre matchups. For the most part, our lowest levels are only supposed to do clean up duty. Field Aid kind of renders them entirely useless though. Which I don’t think is fair to them.

I don’t think it would be an issue if the healing scaled based on team level, but that would be overly complicated to try to implement.

I am not even exaggerating at all when I say that Field Aid on a single corner healer can absolutely heal that hero faster than it is even potentially possible for a weaker team to deal damage to it. No matter how good you are at ghosting or setting up tiles or anything like that. If you don’t have the necessary firepower to overcome the healing, you might as well not even bother participating in that war. And as an alliance leader, that is a huge bummer to me, knowing that my little guys probably aren’t going to be able to score many (if any) points in the entire war.

1 Like

This strikes me as inaccurate. Can they not just mono and use specials to finish them off? Seems to me that a corner healer does not punish feeding tiles into them, allowing for you to just cycle tile after tile into them until you can get correctly colored tiles onto them. If anything, setting off a heal can delay their attack by a turn buying you even more time to keep cycling tiles. A 5-stack of 3* heroes should have an atk stat roughly the same as a 3-stack of 5* heroes (more if they’ve put emblems), so tiles will be doing a very good chunk of damage to the enemy and you should be able to finish them off with 2-3 specials from your heroes

2 Likes