Bring back 1*/2* Tournaments!

And then you’d have tons of lower level players complaining about whay they can’t access better loot, it would be a punishment for newbieness.

The point of not having 1* and 2* tournaments it’s to just stop people to spend valuable resources in feeders.

It doesn’t matter from what perspective you see it, whales and top players will always dominate tournaments, including those, if not for roster difference, for gem spending to keep going.

On the other side F2P and C2P would need to use valuable slots and emblems in heroes that would have no other use whatsoever.

Remember that most tournaments have color restrictions, so we are not talking about having only one of each color, you’d need at least 2 just to complete a defense team, 5 if you use mono attacks, that’s 10 to 25 slots for feeders… for a guy that has 900 slots that’s perfectly achievable, now for a newbie/F2P that sits round 40-50, it’s quite a different story.

Let alone the food, iron, feeders and emblems needed to be competitive.

EDIT: it’s 10 to 25 slots per hero rarity, so actually 20 to 50 slots needed to be competitive in those tournaments.

2 Likes

I agree that 1 and 2 star tournaments would be a waste, but it was mentioned that newbies might want to practice doing tournaments before they have access to a decent roster. I’m not opposed to the idea of a low level tutorial tournament. I certainly wouldn’t touch it myself, and I don’t recommend leveling and embleming feeders, but some people do it anyway.

Early on in the game, I did level up 2* heroes for wars until I was able to replace them all with 3s. Not the most efficient way to play, but I was MVP on the mop up team. :grin: It’s not like I wasted a lot of resources to level them up, and I ditched all the 2s once I got my 30th 3*. Just as I now get rid of excess duplicate 4s once I have some 5s to take their place.

If they really want to bring back 1 and 2 star tournament i hope they give an option (maybe like the button for participate or not participate to wars) to all players and let them choose if they want them or not. For all people who want them there are only those tournaments as long as they want, but for who do not want them (i think most of the players) there is a normal tournament like there is now.

About loot for 1 and 2 star tournament i would do low loot in all tier regardless participations.

Well, that’s exactly the point of not making those tournaments any more.

2* are only leveled up because we don’t have anything else when we start playing. Once we get 3*s we just feed the 2s away and never look back.

They’re not good for map stages, events, raids, anything. Ever.

I don’t think it’s that big of a waste to level a couple of 2*s up at the very beginning, since they help you to get to the provinces 7-8 in the S1 map, but that is as far as they get.

Making tournaments for those feeders again will just force players to keep in their rosters heroes that will see no other use whatsoever.

THAT is a waste. A big one.

2 Likes

I agree, seems like a total waste to me, I was just playing devil’s advocate for those who actually like the idea of 1*/2* tournaments. Apparently there are some low level players who really want to do tournaments and aren’t patient enough to wait until they have at least a mediocre bench of 3s.

I would never participate in any 1 or 2 star tournaments personally, except maybe as a joke (the last time they had those, I put up a completely unleveled 5 Aife defense team just for kicks).

1 Like

Can’t believe people are still asking for this, please let this idea die out.

1 Like

That would be simple to implement. Allow users to participate in 1* and 2* tournaments at level 5 for example. 1* and 2* tournaments could be entirely optional. There should be an option to select which tournament you want to participate, the regular one or the “beginner” one. That way it would please everyone!

And before you say “Hey it’s ridiculous, 1* and 2* heroes are feeders, what’s the point in this?” You need to realize that even advanced users want to participate in it and, not to mention it would introduce beginners to tournaments just after they are able to join an alliance!

I think I understand the logic of not wanting to train new players to feed backwards towards 1* and 2* heroes, but rather forward. However IF the game were to allow a 1/2* tournament, I would be deeply disappointed if anyone above level 5-7 were able to participate in it. What’s the point of a tournament for beginning players if monster all stars at level 80 can play too?

1 Like

They should do this.
Just for the pure, horrible laughter from counting all the fully blemmed and limit broken Layla’s.

1 Like

prepares Layla to laugh :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

The tournaments have been really fun, and I remember preparing for 2* tournis before they were closed. I think they would be alot of fun and they’ll bring some refreshing variety into the tournaments. I would look forward to more tournaments especially 2* or even 1*. And it turns 1 and 2* heros into something more than just feeders.There will be an incentive to having well rounded 1and 2*, this will encourage the developers and the players too put more thought into the strategy of the game.

I would love to see an event that all players can compete in with and equal oppertunity to win. I believe the influx of aethers and emblems have made it very difficult for new players to excel and win in most tournaments/challenges.

I propose bringing back a 2* torunement where the heros cant be emblemed or limit broken. Thus giving new players an equacl chance to win. I would like tor spread to all * heros.

I was there when first ever 2* tournament dropped. Believe me, it wasn’t good. Funny as heck, but also terrible.

3 Likes

Sorry, I was extremely happy with the removal of the 2* and 1* in tournaments… The reason is roster space, they served no other purpose in the game other than a tournament so these newer cheaper or free players, space is at an even HIGHER premium… So to fill that up with a bunch of 2* just to have one rule in rotation seems actually harmful.

2 Likes

I agree the roster space is a big jokes. It doeant ahve to be 2* any * heros without blems or aethers

I was too i didnt even get a chance to max a 2* before it was removed. I

That’s. The. Point.

First advice to newer players are “don’t level 2* and 1*, 3* will come very soon”. And it’s true even for F2Ps.

3 Likes

Here’s a flashback for who dominated tournaments where only 8 options were available if a color was banned:

Spoiler alert… it wasn’t f2p or new players

1 Like