Boredom in Diamond raids / 5* Tournaments / Wars

So much this. I woke up today to being kicked out of diamond for the first time in a month, purely because I had lousy raids the night before. But I usually sit at around 2500. My team is anything but the usual— Rigard(c), Vela (ok, usual), Mitsuko, Proteus, and Tarlak.

Am I working on a “boring” team? Yeah. I got lucky the past few months, so I have JF climbing to max and Telluria waiting for 2 tonics. But I rarely fight those GTV teams, because there’s plenty of variety in low to mid diamond.

And the meta will change. It always does. The GTV thing is only the past month.

1 Like

How are you defining unplayable? That they can’t join a top 50 alliance and hang out in the top of the raid board? That they can’t get top 10 loot from an event challenge? Seasons 2 and 3 have easy stages, POV has prizes at 30 some levels below the ascension mats. Tournaments and emblem quests restrict what can be used. Challenges have rare categories, seasonal events have easy ones. Touneys give emblems.

You can’t be THE best. You can’t complete EVERYTHING. Welcome to the world. That’s not something the spenders are doing to you, it’s life. 90% wont be in the top 10% whatever it is.

2 Likes

Well then, it must be none of those. :slight_smile:

I agree, I think the sweet spot for variety is right on the cusp of platinum/diamond.

It may not be as challenging, but if people are finding high diamond raids boring, maybe it’s time to consider changing which heroes you use to attack. Maybe set a slightly lower defense team and then only attack with 4* heroes, or your unemblemed 5s.

Pretty much said the same thing: Nerfing Telluria (Mar 2020 HOTM) ---> POLL IN POST #2; [Staff Comment Post #1445 & #4422] - #1424 by stewstew

I’ve never seen a tank so widely used as much as Telly since I started this game 2 years ago.

4 Likes

Before Telluria the Tank position was usually dominated by Guinevere, Ursena, or Kunchen, flanked with Gravemaker and Guinevere, Ursena, or Kunchen (that isn’t used as the Tank) to make up the Front 3 with Lianna and Alasie at the wings.

Others without Guin would use Drake Fong at Flank.

1 Like

I think we are losing sight of the issue here. it isnt simply that telluria is the new guin. it’s that almost everytime you see telluria, you see vela and either gravemaker or jf.

this is not the same old same old. this is entirely different from the past 3 years. it isnt just that there is a best tank, it’s that the tank was a hotm and not an event 5* and it’s being paired at an extremely high frequency with the same 2 or 3 hotm. literally, the only thing I see change in most of my raiding is what is on the wings.

this is super boring. I want to see more than the same front 3 over and over.

6 Likes

@Guvnor Seems like this should be merged with the Telluria thread since it is turning into more of the same old same old discussion.

Hi everybody. I’m actually new to the game, played now for 3 months. I do spend money but l am not a heavy spender. And l have JF, Telly, 2 Malosi, Ursena, Lianna and some others 5*. They are still underdeveloped since l’m missing mats. What l wanna say is those HOTMS are way to easy to get. I got Malosi and Ursena witg 10 pull at atlantis and today my kid did an epic 10 pull and voila - Malosi. HOTMS should be harder to get. There should be some restrictions of getting or using them. And yes it’s not fun having everything. Neither in game or life, so l decided to minimaze the expenses. It will be slower and sometimes more frustating but l bet it will be more fun.

4 Likes

I think you’re missing the point that Telluria, JF, and Vela are all very new heroes and that by the end of the year, very few players will be using them because some other heroes will have replaced them, but for cheaper players like me, I’ll probably still be using some shell of that line-up.

Ursena is not a HOTM, but she’s harder to get than a HOTM because she can only be possibly pulled for 4 days during a month. That’s not a big window to pull a 5* non-Season 1 hero.

giphy (8)

6 Likes

That’s my point. HOTMs are way too easy to get. That’s why everybody has it. And on the top of it you can get the old ones at atlantis. It is just to easy to have them all.

1 Like

Because Atlantis is only four days and only two prior HOTMs appear in Atlantis on a rotation, those past HOTMs are even more harder to get (next to impossible) then when they were being pulled as a standard HOTM. There is nothing easy about pulling a 5* Atlantean or past HOTM.

You would have better luck pulling a past HOTM during the Tavern of Legends or in Hero Academy than you would Atlantis.

1 Like

Or maybe you’ve gotten stupid lucky?

I didn’t get a HotM for the first 6 months of my playing (I’m ~10 months in). My daughter has yet to get one at all (playing for ~8 months). I have people in my alliance who spend and have none, and others that don’t and have a few.

It’s almost like it’s random… like there’s exactly a 1.3% chance of every non basic pull that you will get it.

Reducing that chance WILL mean that future players are at a significant handicap compared to existing ones.

4 Likes

How so exactly? You state this a lot as if it is a known fact but I don’t agree.

Hmm, and that’s why I have exactly two of the worst, right? Too easy.

1 Like

I’m not saying that is easy to get that 5* you want. But HOTM suposed to be something special, above ordinary heroes. And in that perspective it is not normal that people are having 2 or 3 of the same. And ten others. They should be rarer. But that is just my opinion.

They are. Try to get Frida or Evelyn now)

5 Likes