Boredom in Diamond raids / 5* Tournaments / Wars

I enjoy raiding, but I think it depends on how frequently you raid and what arena you play in.

For frequency I fill maybe 3 or 4 raid chests a week. I don’t play nearly like I used to and when I do I don’t always raid. Not having it be constant makes a difference. I also save on rerolls because all I need to do is revenge. :+1: Saves time.

I constantly bounce back and forth from high platinum to low diamond. Not only do you see a lot of hero variety on defense at this level, but the defenses are emblemed less. This allows me to bring all sorts of different varieties of team make ups. If I were fighting teams of +18-20 5* heroes I would need to go mono with the same team and cross my fingers. I almost always go 3-2 and mix my teams up. Keeps it fun and interesting.

I know some people need to fill chests faster for alliance requirements, personal goals, etc. so that won’t apply to all. I could stay in diamond if I raided more, but to be honest the loot difference between platinum and diamond is pretty negligible these days :no_mouth:. I would just say this is a game and if it feels like a job, or at least not enjoyable, it may be time to reassess playing habits and priorities.

Good luck out there! :crossed_fingers:

:beers:

1 Like

reasons it’s got boring for me:

1: less diversity in defence teams
2a: speed / power creep has meant it is rare to drag a battle out to the additional damage point and it’s usually won in just a few turns. 2b: emblem power has ruled out a lot of the fun 4* from being used as they cant withstand the battering

Long gone are the days of 70’s v 80’s. 70 v 80+20 is almost suicide

1 Like

I do find them more boring since Telly/Vela. Even when Kunchen/Guin were the top tanks there was still more variety than there is now.

However, I have also noticed a minimal decline with Telly tanks recently since the latest nerf and am beginning to see her on flanks more often now.

Yes if developers cannot balance their game they fully deserve it. Huge amounts of peple left already. Obviously they don’t care. They put some stupid and expensive ballon above base, but balance the game? Haha. Forget it. I play this game just from nostalgia and because Im in good guild. After 3+ years of playing I don’t see future in this game anymore.

6 Likes

I am so bored with raiding Telly after Telly that I am also considering quitting after 3+ years. Raids and war raids used to be the best part of the game for me and now it is the most boring. If it weren’t for Valor (I haven’t bought the pass for that since Atlantis coins disappeared) I wouldn’t raid at all because chests are shyte anyway.

3 Likes

Much more annoying than facing Telly day by day is to read the threads against her, day by day…

5 Likes

Both could be solved with the same thing: nerf her so that she’s merely Good, rather than OMFG Dominant.

1 Like

Well, my problem could be solved much easier:

Use one of the f… Ing threads that already exist!

2 Likes

Another nerf Telluria thread merge @moderators :slight_smile:

🧪 Early Information on New War Rules [Part of The Beta Beat V32 & V33] this could help in war… new rules

Our main alliance lost so many vet’s I barely recognise the team sheet. We stay full because of reputation and word of mouth but every week 2-3 quit. It doesn’t even shock us any more. The main reason is not Telly though, bad boards. Don’t care what the choir boys say, majority of the boards let the tank fire multiple times even with a 3/2 split. Cup drop a bit and go face 3600TP teams, especially vs riposte you’ll see how often you lose or win by a whisker regardless of how strong your attack team is. There is zero skill in this game left. It’s all to frustrate people to make them think if they buy more heroes and emblems they will perform. RT makes sure most have to spend 75 gems, sounds like nothing but do the math and you will quickly see why. Everything is manipulated.

As for why I stopped spending too and on the brink of quitting, boards and 3 streaks in a row of x 100 summon and only 1 x S1 to show per 100 for my money. My latest streak is 3 from 500 that incl a bonus that is technically free (from event coins earned - Rana grr). Since the balloon I became so numb I just click away all the pop-up’s, attack Titan and forget about the game. Opted out of war, don’t bother to check PoV and let most of my WE just go to waste. They killed the game. Chat used to be fun 3 years ago, now it’s mostly people talking each other up to quit because the game is extremely unbalanced and the money grab is in your face all the time.

Bottom Line, fun is out of it, emblems killed it. I wish I also followed my mates when it was 1st introduced, they saw the writing on the wall then already but I was new to gaming then. Sad state, massive waste of time & money

4 Likes

Sure and nobody reads it anymore. I bet you are the one who spent hundred to get her. Am I right? But don’t worry it’s not your fault. It’s developer incompetency.

1 Like

Highly doubt it, no tiles means you will still be frustrated. It’s a theme in all alliances. I merc with my alts and 100% of complaints during war is tiles.

2 Likes

I can understand that as I’ve noticed a pattern here too. RNG can be RNG all it wants in the long run, but I truly do believe it is not so random in the short term. However, since the last update, I’ve noticed a difference in starting boards again so maybe they’ve updated that shortcoming.

I’ve also seen a small shift in the GTV meta and am starting to see more variety in raids. Not a huge amount, but enough to notice so I do have some hope that there will be more variety in the future as the Telly/Vela lustre fades.

I’m two months away from 3 years so I can sympathize and almost quit on 2 occasions myself but when really frustrated a week break from the game is a good enough refresh for me ATM.

I agree with your point on Emblems to a degree. They seemed interesting at first but now that they’ve been here a while it is the single biggest enhancement that, I like to believe was unintentional, unbalanced the game.

Nothing kills a game faster than excessive greed though. You just have to look at certain Triple A console/PC developers who borrowed concept of microtransactions from mobile and took that to a whole new level which then mobile started copying.

1 Like

I’m so done with facing teli tanks. Especially when she’s so OP that people put her up as tank in a very fast tournament with no yellow. Obviously y’all are doing a crap job of nerfing her being as that she’s been out for 6 months and you still don’t have her right!!! She’s stolen my favorite part of the game for the last 2.5 years, raiding. I hear you’re losing veteran players left and right because of this. Ive spent over 4k on this game since ive started, but haven’t spent a dime since teli took over and I won’t spend again till you figure it out…morons.

Ummm… you do realize that a very large change is coming to Telluria and Vela in about 5 1/2 hours right? SGG is in fact trying to do something about the over abundance of Telluria tanks.

1 Like

I have to say that regardless of lineup, the allocation of tiles always determines the match. The old strategy, that you should go mono-color on attack still delivers wins against any lineup - if the board is good. If its not, then you are just as likely to suffer badly with a rainbow attack if none of your heroes get charged fast enough.

I’m fairly certain the real cause of current frustration with Telluria - is that simply too many people have this hero. Its not that she is particularly OP compared against many other 5 star lineups, but she dropped for lots of people, me included, with a relatively small spend. Coupled with the hype the beta players gave for her, I’m sure too that many spent more money on getting her as HOTM drop than is typical for a HOTM.

Other contenders for the top defensive lines are statistically harder to come by perhaps. But the game has no shortage of tricks to entice you to spend for the best heroes. But that mechanic is probably suffering because with more people having a decent chance to live in Diamond with Telluria, there is perhaps less incentive to spend - or so the logic may be with SG.

Personally, deep pockets or not, spending money on this game, just to get your high form an artificial competitive ranking by owning and maxing the top heroes, which even then depends significantly on the luck of both the drops and the boards is a reflection on the general state of human weakness and unnecessarily targets vulnerable people who may also be psychologically damaged by social media and manipulated to spend money (like addicted gamblers) that they ill-afford to lose, with a fatalistic notion of social failure and anger when the game takes and gives nothing of value.

Drug taking also costs money, gives you a high - but comes with levels of social disapprobation, not only for the users, for particularly for those who profit out it.

In general, profiting out of human weakness is clearly the lowest form of human achievement, no matter how rich it makes you.

2 Likes

I too instigated a cup dropping strategy just to have more fun with Raids. The loot drops from Diamond have never impressed me anyway. Your approach is far better. More players should adopt it, rather than getting all bent out of shape chasing the dragon so to speak (aka the Diamond League and Ranking). What does that Ranking really say about your achievements as a human being?

My cup dropping defense no longer drops cups after the latest nerfs. LOL.

1 Like

And wha ull do with telly,velly dot damage Imo rigard is solid and best 4* healer… I have him 20 emblem since starting not even feeling need of 5* healer fr that reason i even kept my raff at 3/70 coz i dont have blue mana troop