Bored to kill titans

For more than 3 months I have not obtained an AM of 4 * in any other way than special missions.

oh ok. i now understand the topic

I’ll hope you’ll get your answers (even though there are a lot of threads of “elders” that complain of the same thing - more or less)

I get them mostly from special missions too, but in the last month I’ve also had a damascus blade from a titan chest and darts from mystic vision. So sure, they’re not dropping like rain.

I’ve also had darts and some other 4* mats previously from raid chests (platinum) though not this past month.

But as for dry spells, well was not too long ago that I was pulling my hair out over gloves and I’ve had several since then…

Been playin for roughly same amount of time and yea dry spells just happen

Idk if I’ve ever gone 3 months without a single 4* mat but i know I’ve gone at least 1 to 1.5 months without one besides the rare quest.

If i find anyone in your predicament that found a way to improve their situation, i will link them to this thread

2 Likes

I realize you’re giving an example, but let’s make sure the facts are out there:

Who? Grade Loot Tier
Top 1 A+ Titan+3
Top 2-5 A Titan+2
Damage>=3.3% B Titan+1
Damage>=1.0% C Titan
Damage<1% D Titan/2

Higher loot tier gives two benefits:

1. More loot rolls. At Loot Tier IX, you are guaranteed three ascension mats (mostly farmable)
  2. Better odds of rare loot with each roll.

@Rigs general point is correct: if your allies report their loot on in chat, you’re more likely to hear someone with a B/C say “yea, I got darts!” – because there are a LOT more of them. In my alliance, 25 people get a B or C every titan. Collectively those 25 get more rare loot than the top 5 but–and this is the key point–over time you get better stuff at higher loot tiers.

I know this firsthand by comparing my main account (hitting 12* titans, getting A-C rankings) or my alt (hitting 9* titans usually, getting A-B rankings). The flow of mats to my main account over the course of six months is much higher. Higher loot tiers matter.

3 Likes

Thanks for throwin the facts out there. I thought about doin the same but figured i could make my point without them. Glad they’re here now

I really hate math and I really don’t understand any thing of your statics or your mathatic stuff to explain the game.
I feel bad really now :cry:

Wait a second. I thought tier 14 loot gives 4 am now since they no longer have 13 and 14* titan.

Well, that’s extremely poor luck and I thought I was doing so bad for getting 1 random 4* mat this month.

@Kerridoc I think you want “A” for 2-5, not “A+”

1 Like

Fixed, thanks.

@Jedon, suppose your 8* titan has 2,123,000 HP. So:

Top hitter = A+ → Tier 8+3 = Tier 11 = 3 ascension mats
Hitters 2-5 = A → Tier 8+2 = Tier 10 = 3 ascension mats
Damage > 0.033 * 2,123,000 HP = 70,059 HP → Tier 8+1 = Tier 9 = 3 ascension mats
Damage > 0.010 * 2,123,000 HP = 21,230 HP → Tier 8 = 2 ascension mats

And to restate, the odds of getting a rare AM increase at higher tiers.

2 Likes

Do you think I will understand this? @Kerridoc
Mate I am a lawyer, we don’t like math :smile:
Personaly I am just fine to read and understand any thing but just -and only just- when numbers appear in what I am reading … my brain turns into my boots.
That simple :rofl:

Come, come, as a lawyer you can do basic math like hours * billing rate = fee. This is hardly different.

(FYI, I make my living as an expert witness with lawyers as my clients.)

2 Likes

Lawyers in Egypt are way different tgan in USA.
We look here for breakthrough in laws to get what our clients want. And we don’t count any thing … we just say it will cost you X money.
The good lawyer in Egypt is a man* who do know nothing about math lol
said a man cause women by nature know math

Good thing you always get an A+ on your titans, then!

1 Like

Isn’t Math the Universal Language? Or is that Love?

I always get those two confused, Math and Love.