šŸ“ā€ā˜  Boomer ā€“ 4* Dark/Purple from Pirates of Corellia

So, after complaining about him (and having him sat at 3.60 forever), guess who I got with my ten challenge coins :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Mine is unemblemed. I only use him on offense during raid tournaments now. Heā€™s decent in all of the 4* rulesets, specially when combined with Tiburtus. Since there arenā€™t many purple 4*s that hit (or at least, not many that have direct damage and are easy to summon), he has a niche there. I donā€™t have costume Tibs but that would be even better (cTibs ā†’ Boomer)

Iā€™ve fought some emblemed ones (+18) as tanks as well before, and heā€™s tough when heā€™s got that many emblems. His buff benefits him in buff booster, his class in bloody battle, and his AoE hit in Rush attack. Overall a good hero for defense in all formats for 4* tournaments, with tanky stats and his damage is pretty good for the rarity.

Thing is you need emblems for that, as I donā€™t expect him to do well without on a defensive position. I donā€™t see myself trying that anytime soon, as Gretel and Grimm are better in more areas of the game.

4 Likes

I just pulled one, and came scurrying here to see if the news was any better these days. It wasnā€™t. Sigh. I expect Iā€™ll level him one day though because, well, event hero innit.

1 Like

Based on a those information I read, I guess he will be sitting on the bench for a while.
My 4* heroes priority will be Merlin, C. Tiburstus & the cat out of the hat from Wonderland

C. Tiburtus is definitely one of the nicer ones. I have never pulled a wonderland character except for the Rabbit; Master Lepus (is he one of them?). The only thing I know abut the cat is I hate him as a boss!

Boomerā€™s on my list for purple team number 2, I already have C.rigard, C.Tiburtus and Ursena maxed and will eventually level Mokarr and Boomer for average speed wipeout.

Short on tabards and costume Sartana is first on the list but when I max them all (in a couple months) Iā€™ll come back to report if Boomer works in that setup

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t exactly say I regret the resources used on Sartana (I do find her lacklustre due to the lack of a decent secondary on that special skill) but I really would urge you to test Boomer out at 3:60 during farming (not just against yellow) before consuming precious resources.

1 Like

The Wonderland one is the White Rabbit (yellow cleric, ā€œthe one with the glassesā€). Master Lepus is a Springvale rabbit (blue druid, the one with the dirty big sword). Sadly I donā€™t have the Wonderland one but Iā€™m very happy with Master L.

Cheshire Cat is bags of fun, especially handy for winkling out stubborn corner war defences. Suddenly theyā€™re in the middle of the field right over your strong coloured tiles and with an undispellable DOT to boot. No wonder the Cat is smiling.

Edit: better say something about Boomer before Iā€™m hit with an off-topic deletion. Erā€¦ no, nothing to say. If youā€™re short of purple 4* you may as well. Hit all is good (especially after C. Tiburtus softens them up) and the more depth for war, Tavern etc the better. Thatā€™s it really.

1 Like

I just picked up Boomer, I have read that most players say heā€™s not worth the energy to level up, but Boomerā€™s stats look good 204% damage to all + the defense.
Has anyone had success with this new hero or should I feed him to my Cyprian?

BOOMER not Boomerang ā€¦ #$%@ auto correct

His main issue is his base attack is weak so the 205% hits all doesnā€™t translate to much. The extra defence against holy is very situational and I guess if you struggle against yellow titans he might help you survive and stay in the fight longer.

Mines been sat untouched for over a year. Even back when I didnā€™t have a lot of purple he didnā€™t seem worth the trap tools.

He looks awesome though, canā€™t deny itā€™s good art. But game wise not a lot going for him which is sad.

Iā€™m an advocate of supporting the unloved heroes tooā€¦I will always try to give them all a chance as we canā€™t all get the superstars. But Boomer just isnā€™t balanced right for Average speed. Fast would be fine and probably give him a placeā€¦or a decent uplift to his base attack. But you will have to emblem him heavily to get him to work I think.

6 Likes

Cheers, thank you very much for your input

I got him to 3/60 but well just as @Cheds explained couldnā€™t bear to give him trap tools, would rather give them to a second C- Tiburtus, but have seen @Olmor maxed one, may be he can share a better value for him.

1 Like

Big hands, small usefulness.
Very bad card.

Totally stat-special-mismatch.

3 Likes

They completely changed Gobbler and his base stats, donā€™t know why they couldnā€™t do that for Boomer as well.

I only upgraded him because I was running low on people to level and decided to do him over a couple others. Maybe used him a few times, but I wouldnā€™t even call him a 4th line player. Heā€™s more of a player that doesnā€™t even dress for the game and would only dress if 4 other players got hurt and the team needed a body to fill the position.

1 Like

Thanks everyone, so food he is :wink:

1 Like

Heā€™s helpful

In my alt FTP account where heā€™s my only 4* at the moment

Summoned this hero way back. But still does not yet have the time to level this epic pirate as I find myself working on other purple heroes instead.

He is blocking a slot for me since nearly 3 years. Still unleveled as i cannot find any use for him. Although he got buffed twice? He still not good enough even compared to vanilla 4*.

So either wait untill he gets buffed so one could actually find a slot for him or feed him.