🏴‍☠ Boomer – 4* Dark/Purple from Pirates of Corellia

In his niche, he is actually better than Tiburtus, the problem is it is a really tiny niche and Tiburtus is universally versatile. I tested them both extensively at 3/60 vs all yellow and Boomer won. The issue is, when does that ever happen outside S1 farming?

Even that depends on your roster

I got Thoth-Amun first month of release, so using Thoth at 5* 2.60 for years ( 5* 3.70 only recently ) when farming MS1 instead of Boomer

Same with Peter, before I could take Peter from 4* 3.60 to 4* 4.1, I got Hansel ( Peters had a lot of green heroes ahead of him - recently considered leveling him, then get Buddy )

Boomer, and Peters, are not useless ( looking at you Vlad ) but they suffer from competing with a lot of really good purple 4*, and green 4*, heroes

FIN

1 Like

Can’t argue with you in any meaningful way. Not a fan of Hansell at all, but love Tetthuk and I use Agrafena at 3/70 all the time. It really does depend on what you have to work with. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I loved Peters when first got, took to 4* 3.60 ( would have taken to 4* 4.70 if non farmable 3* ascension items were not so rare until Titan loot tier 9+ )

I loved Hansel when first got, took to 4*+1

But both have draw backs

My eye is on Merlin, which, is Purple, another competitor for Boomer

All of which pale if you have Proteus, Hel, Onatel, etc.

1 Like

I just can’t seem able to keep Proteus (I have 2) alive long enough to get him to work. :thinking: :cry:

My Hansel is +17 and Proteus #1, +11

Glass Cannon

Proteus is a Glass Cannon

Like purple Sorcerer 4* Sabina ( more Boomer competition ) and most of the Wu Kong Cascade Squad, Glass Cannons require some tricks

See Cascade Squad link, in notes, for tricks

Notes

Click for notes

Rigard, and Melendor, together they fight crime

(Rigard and Melendor ( together they fight crime) for 3-1-1 raiding or rainbow raiding)

Wu Kong

FIN

1 Like

I cannot see Boomer unseating any of these starting 5 4* Dark heroes:
C Rigard, LB Ammertine, Sergei, Merlin and now Ingolf. I even have C Sabina, Proteus C Tiburtus and Cheshire Cat as subs. Luckily for him, Fura is the forgotten one.

I also cannot see Peters unseating any of my starting 5 4* Nature heroes:
Almur, Marcel, Jack, Orla and Caedmon. Or even Tetukkh, Gandalf, Lil’ Jon and Brynhild. He may get some play, but when Tetukkh came out, Peters became an afterthought.

1 Like

Just got him from HA8. I’ve got many 4* purples even Ametrine at +20 and LB but I’m working on Maeve (3* slayer fam) and them wil level Ahhotep. S5 heroes are more stronger then older ones. Ahhotep wil pair nicely with Junaid (+20 LB)

So Boomer is pirate food.

Boomer and Agwe can be buffed … Agreed?

6 Likes

Can we give Boomer water DoT? Just for sake of this name. Even with this he would be still weak, but come on, even for sake of joke, this change don’t even need to be tested with balance as noone will use him anyway.

Also this kind of DoT is rare so MAYBE he will find his niche in DoT focused team? (Doubt)

6 Likes

He could get some buff. Sargasso and Captain Kestrel should also get some reinforcement because their current usefulness is a joke.

2 Likes

Is there a separate topic on them ?

We named out dog Boomer because of him. He’s got a cool name.
Came to check if he’s any good yet. I’ve got him leveled but not emblemed and I’ve haven’t used him in forever. Hopefully he gets a good buff someday.

Maybe he’d be alright to keep treevil alive against a powerful yellow titan??

I just got Boomer and his direct damage is still 174. Does it increase once he’s leveled up?

When you receive a new hero it is always unleveled, this includes the Special Skill. Boomer’s damage at Special Skill (SS) level 1 is 176%, and will increase with each SS level increase, until that maxes out at level 8…SS level 2 is 180%, etc. Each feeder used to train a hero gives a % chance to increase the SS level, up to 100% in which you’d be guaranteed to level up the SS :nerd_face:

Think that Agwe and Boomer need a new special called “drowning “ All enemies suffer 20% mana reduction as well as damage for 6 turns , every turn reduced with an a smaller amount every turn . Last turn 12% .

1 Like

The easiest way I can see this character brought back into use:

• Increase the damage done to all enemies from 204% to 260% or 265%.
  • Remove the :sunny: Holy defense increase gimmick and replace it with :ocean: Water damage now that it’s a thing in the game.
    ** All enemies receive 386 Water damage for 3 turns. (Making it uncleansable would be cool too!)

Could even throw in Sargasso’s debuff and have healing reduced by a moderate amount. (-30% to -45%)

Assuming they’d do a costume, maybe we get lucky and they decide to give him dark defense down on all enemies (albeit, probably tiny compared to G. Panther).

2 Likes

There we go again tho ! The SG way. Release a hero really poor then charge for the costume which shud have been the way it was originally released !! Frigg & Ofdn case & point !! Nerf the heck & then put the stats back to pre nerf & call it a cozzie !!! They don’t care what it looks like & what we think as long as we keep spending !!

You just give the both of them waterdamage to enemies . That solves iit gor both Boomer and Agwe.