Boldtusk or Wilbur which one to level up

Sure, I would like to hear how player’s skill can actually change tile distribution.

You can’t do this with skills alone

But with skills this enteire part is, uhm… useless.

Recorded just now, I don’t think that WIlbur would have been useful :wink:

Well, if you have GM, you don’t need Wilbur, that’s true. GM is very fast hero, with limited AoE, ideal for farming. Those who don’t have GM or Gormek, can benefit from replacing a fast red shooter or a slow red AoE with Wilbur and replace other slow heroes with fast shooters as well.

As for skill, for each lucky board that will blaze through the mobs in seconds, you will get equal amount of exteremely bad boards where you will struggle to fill mana of even one hero.

Farming is about quantity, not quality. Tiles distribution will play much higher role here.

So for me, best F2P hero for farming is actually Kadilen. Fast mana, AoE = instant wave completion. I mostly farm 8-7 and 7-7 though on autoattack.

Farming 8-7 with 5* heroes is in that old phrase fishing with dynamite. I use 4x 4* @ 3^60 and Balthazar.

1 Like

Well, having better heroes makes your farming faster but this isn’t the point. Wilbur isn’t suited for farming, the end.

Never happened on farming, you bring a AoE rainbow squad and you kills mobs. If you need mana you ghost tiling and then kill the last mob.

And about speed, if you bring x5 healers it’ll be slow.

Exactly, and Wilbur doesn’t help for farming.

1 Like

Let’s put it that way, what experiment you can think of that can prove that Wilbur does help with farming?

In other words, how to falsify your theory that Wilbur doesn’t help?

And I will think of an experiment that can prove that Wilbur doesn’t help with farming.

Level Wilbur over BT. But yeah, for farming leave Wilbur at the bench shrug.

For farming she should just use Tibs (2/37 is fine for farming), Fong, Grimm, GM (3/70 is fine for farming) and Caedmon. (Very) Fast heroes with AOE (caedmon as sad exception^^).

She will be 1-shotting the early waves and 2 shotting the boss. Wilbur/BT, Kiril… no need for those guys on those fights.

Simply put… The effect of Wilbus is overkill. Keep in mind that Wilbur is the better the longer the fight. When you farm there’s no need for slow heroes with big effects. The only hero that would really be helped would be LJ (still talking farming!), but . It makes no sense really, overkill. It makes a lot more sense to bring GM/Caedmon.

Run different teams and compare your times:

If the team with Wilbur beats the other team’s time like the 60% of the times then you can prove that Wilbur by the evident lack of good heroes is the best pick for said farming team.

He is blessed by having Jack O’Hare, the best farming hero :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why is Jack better for farming than LJ? I’d bring Caed simply due to his speed, even though he is single target.

I would avoid slow heroes with her roster (still talking farming ofc^^.

Both Caedmon and Jack O’Hare are fast but Jack have higher tile damage and hits AoE for x1,8 Damage.

@Marie1, sorry to have hijacked your topic :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s okay @FraVit93 it’s quite an interesting debate and I’m learning as I go

1 Like

Sounds interesting. What teams should be used? Should we limit heroes to 4*? Autoattack or “skill”?

My experiment of showing that Wilbur doesn’t help would compare highest reliably autoattack farmable locations with Wilbur and without him.

So, for example, if I can reliably autoattack farm certain level (like 1-23-9) without Wilbur that would be enough proof that WIlbur is not needed. If I can’t reliably autoattack 1-23-9 without WIlbur, and can beat that level with him, that would prove that Wilbur is helpful.

Fra, I think you are slightly misstaken, Jack is slow :slight_smile:

Screenshot_20181024-160015

1 Like

You can do both. And you should bring the best you can on you runs. It’s a farming team not a masquerade…

No. These are extreme cases and “farming” higher provinges is not farming, it’s powerleveling.
What are you farming at 1-23-9? Items? Monster chest? Elemental chest? Exp.

It’s powerleveling.

@Grimzy

1 Like

No, that’s nbot how this works… use logic and check your own preferences.

I can assure you 100% GM blows Wilbur ourt of the water on that stage. Considering you want a rainbow team for farming (even your weak colors one shot everything), Wilbur is not needed (we are using above posted roster!).

I stand corrected! I missed that change.

I have a whole discussion on this same topic if you would like to read their input about my team.

P.S. I got my 4th blade, and went with Wilbur. Against a 4 star yellow titan, I had Wilbur, Khiona, Sartana, Rigard (tile dmg, only other purple high enough), and Wukong. I hit my hardest hit for 62k. Then my next attack I hit for 78k. It was crazy when I had all 5 specials going off at once.

I use Wilbur for farming all day. I use his spirit link and use Khiona right after or any other of my snipers… and boom the whole crew is deleted. So yes he is useful for farming.

@poopcorn, you do not have GM as this roster has. Completely different use case, yet even for you I bet Gormek is better (faster and does enough damage for farming).

To explain: Wilbur needs a second hero to attack. GM simply erases a field on lower leverl, with very fast mana to boot. Even Gormek is capable enough to one shot stuff on the typical farm levels. And no, you generally do not want to bring two reds to farm.