Boldtusk or Wilbur which one to level up

Sounds interesting. What teams should be used? Should we limit heroes to 4*? Autoattack or “skill”?

My experiment of showing that Wilbur doesn’t help would compare highest reliably autoattack farmable locations with Wilbur and without him.

So, for example, if I can reliably autoattack farm certain level (like 1-23-9) without Wilbur that would be enough proof that WIlbur is not needed. If I can’t reliably autoattack 1-23-9 without WIlbur, and can beat that level with him, that would prove that Wilbur is helpful.

Fra, I think you are slightly misstaken, Jack is slow :slight_smile:

Screenshot_20181024-160015

1 Like

You can do both. And you should bring the best you can on you runs. It’s a farming team not a masquerade…

No. These are extreme cases and “farming” higher provinges is not farming, it’s powerleveling.
What are you farming at 1-23-9? Items? Monster chest? Elemental chest? Exp.

It’s powerleveling.

@Grimzy

1 Like

No, that’s nbot how this works… use logic and check your own preferences.

I can assure you 100% GM blows Wilbur ourt of the water on that stage. Considering you want a rainbow team for farming (even your weak colors one shot everything), Wilbur is not needed (we are using above posted roster!).

I stand corrected! I missed that change.

I have a whole discussion on this same topic if you would like to read their input about my team.

P.S. I got my 4th blade, and went with Wilbur. Against a 4 star yellow titan, I had Wilbur, Khiona, Sartana, Rigard (tile dmg, only other purple high enough), and Wukong. I hit my hardest hit for 62k. Then my next attack I hit for 78k. It was crazy when I had all 5 specials going off at once.

I use Wilbur for farming all day. I use his spirit link and use Khiona right after or any other of my snipers… and boom the whole crew is deleted. So yes he is useful for farming.

@poopcorn, you do not have GM as this roster has. Completely different use case, yet even for you I bet Gormek is better (faster and does enough damage for farming).

To explain: Wilbur needs a second hero to attack. GM simply erases a field on lower leverl, with very fast mana to boot. Even Gormek is capable enough to one shot stuff on the typical farm levels. And no, you generally do not want to bring two reds to farm.

I’ll not try to change your minds anymore. Try new combinations, seek new synergies and then do as you thinks it’s best for you :wink:

My opinion is written here above, everyone could do as it wish :ok_hand:

Well, that would raise a separate topic for “Is Wilbur helpful for powerleveling”.

For me, farming is replaying any of the previously completed stages for some gains, so powerleveling falls under the same category here.
BTW, you didn’t have “powerleveling” as a category in your list. Should you add it there?

Basically, if with Wilbur I can reliably (like, winning 10 out of 10 times) farm levels that now I now skip with a loot ticket, that’s a sale point for me. I skip S1-23-9 and S2-4-3-hard.

For experiments, I will try to beat S1-23-9 and S2-4-3 10 times with my best WIlburless team on autoattack.
If I can do it, that would be enough proof for me that Wilbur is not needed.

I’ll post the results here, along with the team setups.

@Damirius

You are being rather disingenious here considering I used YOUR prefered farm levels. It’s not a contest who is right… Wilbur is a fine hero and you can farm with him np at all. But we are looking at above roster and that has GM which is a (MUCH) better solution for farming.

And for the record, You can reliably beat those higher levels with her GM at 3/70 as well :rofl:

Nobody denies she should level Wilbur… simply saying that she shouldn’t used Willy for everything.

1 Like

True, I would have to agree with that. But maxing a hero to farm is not the best idea. Any 3 star team can farm 8-7 easily.

2 Likes

It’s hardly worth much discussion… the’re won’t be more in it than a handful of seconds :rofl:

I certainly value a time gain simply due to hating to wait, but it’s very academic really.

1 Like

I think that noone would “max a hero for farm only” but about the best available composition out of the rooster one have.

2 Likes

I’m sorry if you see it that way, I wasn’t even replying your posts.

I’ve already agreed with that. The point I wanted to make is that Wilbur can still be good for farming (especially when you don’t have GM), saving time and/or allow reliable autoattack farming of higher levels.

So, I did some experiments yesterday on 1-23-9.
First of all, I tried to test my Wilbur team on autoattack and run 1 battle with following team setup:
Wilbur Magni Joon Rigard Gregorion. All maxed except for Greg, who is on 4/50.
The team won that time (losing Rigard on the boss), proving that WIlburful team at least can win one time.

Then I tried different Wilburless team setups:

1. Vivica, Domitia, Isarnia, Azlar and Greg. Vivica was on 4/60, Greg 4/50, all other maxed. Lost 1st battle.
  2. Replaced Domitia with Rigard, Won 1 battle, lost 1 battle.

I wanted to try more today, but the rare quest appeared today, so I have postponed my experiments.

Can you post your rooster’s pics?

Which ones the rooster? :rofl:

Update: Just finished the quest with BT & Wilbur…easy peasy :grin::grin::grin:

Damirius heroes :stuck_out_tongue:

It cant be shown (as my post were right after his) but it were a reply to his post :slight_smile:

Argh, ignoring me now are you :rofl: