Boldtusk, Grimm, or Caedmon?

Okay. Here is my dilemma. I have both Boldtusk and Grimm at 3-60. Caedmon is still not at his third ascension yet. I just got my fourth hidden blade from a chest today. I have 2 warm capes, and am planning to get a third today from FrostMarch. Also, I have 5 sturdy shields, 4 of which I’m planning to use on Caedmon when he is ready.

However, I only have one pair of fine gloves. Gloves really seem to elude me. I have plenty of compasses.

So… What should I do? Ascend Boldtusk now and hope I have another pair of gloves for Grimm by the time I get another warm cape? Or should I finish leveling Caedmon before deciding?

Show us your roster - without seeing it I would say boldtusk - so useful everywhere.

2 Likes

All great heroes! Just finish them as you can. Because you already have the Hidden Blades it makes the decision easier. Finish Boldtusk first.

2 Likes

Agree with using the ascension mats you have today. They’re all fine heroes that you’ll be using for as long as you play E&P.

Gloves seem less rare for me than the color-specific mats. I have enough stored up to open a proctology clinic. They’ll come to you in time.

5 Likes

That’s funny…I have gloves for days but it’s the compasses that elude me.

3 Likes

Here’s my roster!

As others have said, without knowing your other heroes, we are just making generalizations.

Boldtusk is a very good healer and tank.
Grimm is one of three 4* heroes available from legendary training with Ramming Pulverizer which debuffs defense for 6 turns ( very long for a buff or debut ).
Caedmon is one of two 4* heroes available from legendary training with Piercing Strike which removes all enemy buffs. I only fight 5* Titans ( no clue about 7*+ titans ) so it is mostly useful in raiding/ war.

I like healers, and Boldtusk is a very good one. In fact he doubles as a tank. With a healer you can complete more rare quests, completing more rare quests get you more ascension materials which let you level more 4* heroes to 4.70 .

Grimm has the lowest defense and HP of 4* Heroes with Ramming Pulverizer, but his attack stat is the highest. It’s 6 turn duration really helps the rest of your team, especially if you can debuff the titan or a triple boss.

Caedmon has the lowest defense and HP of 4* Heroes with Piercing Strike, but his attack stat is the highest. The permanent nature of removing enemy buffs is nice, but unlike the other two heroes it is a reactionary move. If the enemy has zero buffs, you don’t need to remove them. While the other two ( healing+ attack buff, splash damage+ defense debuff ) are useful no matter what the enemy does.

So just based on the information in your post, I would choose Boldtusk.

Edit: Boldtusk’s attack buff stacks with Wu Kong and the heal helps keep him alive

Sabina ( basically a purple clone of Melendor ) gives you a second Wu Kong healer ( see above link ) and clears enemy buffs like Caedmon. But when you eventually level Melendor you can swap out Sabina and Melendor depending on the situation.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your advice. I have ascended Boldtusk into a big boy. Hopefully I will be able to find more gloves for my other two kiddos, but until then, I will keep them at 3-60.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

You won’t regret it. He is useful in all aspects of the game.

1 Like

Good choice. It’s never wrong to have Boldtusk in your lineup. You should max Grimm next, then the old guy. All great heroes.

2 Likes

Oh wow. I just got a pair of gloves in a mystic vision…

5 Likes

The Devs are listening. :wink:

Dude don’t ask for more gloves! I had 6 compasses and 1 pair of gloves. After complaining I have now 10 compasses and 22 (twenty two!!!) fine gloves. I don’t fill elemental chests, I fill gloves chests :sob::sob:

4 Likes

Rofl!
(20 characters)