Boldtusk doesn't give full +48% attack

I was testing how Tarlek’s attack boost works and found that BT only actually gives a 47.4% increase (give or take rounding). Very minor yes, but given how consistently precise other attack increases are, it was a bit intriguing.

2 Likes

I’ll take the “47,4%” :wink: Just keep the red tiles comin’!!!

4 Likes

If true they need to patch this

Maybe his actual skill is 47.5% but they round it up on card display.

2 Likes

It’s probably more like 47.5 or 47.6 and they round up

I didn’t see this topic when it first came up, but I found it searching today because I found the same thing happening with Costume Rigard’s +48% attack bonus. I was trying to make the math all work out, and it came out to not be a +48% attack bonus, but rather +47.5% instead.

Note also that the same conclusion was reached by someone else about Gadeirus in a previous post, but that is closed so I didn’t reply there.

WARNING: TEDIUM FOLLOWS…

I did testing for multiple heroes, and it all came out the same, so I’ll only show one as an example:

FRIDA, BASE STATS AT 4-80:
733 Attack
723 Defense
1330 Health

4 DEF/CRIT TROOPS:
+17% attack, +21% defense, +6% health

FRIDA’S STATS AFTER JOINING BATTLE:
857 Attack (which is 733 x 1.17, round down)
874 Defense (which is 723 x 1.21, round down)
1409 Health (which is 1330 x 1.06, round down)

All good so far… it all calculates out correctly! (We know it rounds down.)

AFTER COSTUME RIGARD APPLIES +48% ATTACK:
Frida’s attack displays as 857 +407 in-game

Well, 407 ÷ 857 = 0.4749… OK, rounding error, you might think, since the game rounds down for just about everything, right?

OK, let’s look: 857 x 0.48 = 411.36… rounds down to 411, so that can’t be it.

857 x 0.475 = 407.075, rounds down to 407… there it is! The same pattern followed for multiple other heroes that I tested with this.

CONCLUSION: Costume Rigard’s +48% attack buff is actually only +47.5%

WHO CARES? Well… I do! Because I like math, and I like knowing how to do the calculations for things. What is 0.5% here or there? If it displays 48% bonus in-game, why is it really just 47.5% behind the scenes? Would it throw off balance to make it 48.0% and have it all just calculate easily, as it should? :slight_smile:

Then I compared this to Magni’s +63% Defense bonus to see if for some reason his was only 62.5%, but nope… his works out to exactly 63% with the same above process followed.

What the heck?? :wink:

#firstworldproblems #mathnerd #whocares :stuck_out_tongue:

Good gaming!

5 Likes

They rounded it up in the display.

Shouldn’t this go in the bugs forum?

Cookie Settings