Bogus pulls!

Everyone in my alliance is very upset and discouraged with their pulls. Our leader has done 10 pull after pull and has no good hero’s to show for it. While the other friend who is willing and able to spend a couple hundred dollars on this game, gets 5* heros and hero of the month, not once, but twice in a day!!! So we as an alliance have discussed things and we do believe that things are some how not what they seem and more of who can spend the money!! It’s not right, nor fair!! Hero’s are crappy, and the loot we get is crappy!! We are losing people due to these issues!! Do something to fix this! We have also thought about getting in touch with the gambling officials… so much discussion over how for 600 gems you gamble a chance to win 2 things, that MIGHT be help you ascend a hero… but you take that chance and end up with a kit, or rope!! Something you could clear a stage for!! A lot of things are not adding up!! Please address these issues quickly!! We are losing members because of these problems!!

3 Likes

Hi @Katerina8

Sorry to hear of your frustration.

This thread explains some of the game mechanics:

I’m not condoning it or advocating for it (I play for free) - but the knowledge may inform future decisions,.

1 Like

remember to look at the odds for everything you are thinking about buying. Some of the odds are very bad, some not so bad. Also - remember TC20 can get you free 5 stars and you can get Mats from a variety of places without paying:

2 Likes

Well I just told a few, including our leader, about the response I received. He and another member have quit the game :frowning: They did not agree at all with the response. They’ve both been pulling crap from their tc 20’s also.

The hard truth is, this game is not designed for f2p. I know that some have a different opinion but that is my truth after playing for over a year as a f2p. I never will be able to compete in the events, just to name one example. I have 22 leveled 4-5* heroes even though I’m playing daily and never waste anything, atleast I try my best to not waste any opportunity. We are searching at the moment a new member. The last is gone like many before for the reason you mentioned…

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. TC 20 actually has the single best odds in the game for 5 stars draws. There is a whole thread on it with 1000’s of pulls documented. Of course its all RNG, and I remember there was one person who was over 100 pulls before he got his first 5 star from TC 20, but there are also some who got it off their first.

I’m running a bit better than 7% right now for 5 stars…and almost 25% for 4 stars

Like you I’m a FTP player who has been active just over a year. I also have approx. 25 four and five stars maxed, with several more in my roster.

I’ve been able to play in all the events. When you say you can’t compete in the events do you mean you can’t reach the top of the leaderboard or you simply can complete any of them?

For me, it’s not important where I end up compared to other players, but I understand that it seems important to others. Being married to a very competitive man has helped me see that :grin:

It really does seem to come down to what your expectations are. I rarely complain about the game while my husband is threatening to throw his tablet out the window every other day. It’s like he only remembers his bad luck, never his good luck?

3 Likes

I can complete all of the events but I’m not able to reach top positions. I think this isn’t the right game for me, but I started and became addicted. I’m still playing because of my alliance. I also want to know how far I can go as a f2p. We will see :grin:

2 Likes

I’d like to see them add new heroes to the tc20, but you can very easily beat even the best teams with just free heroes from the tc 20. It is a slow process. I have spent money and will still buy the really good deals from time to time, but I am happier with the game when I don’t do massive pulls. The last two months, I’ve pulled the HOTM on either free tokens or spare gems I had.

2 Likes

I just can’t comprehend the importance of being top of the leaderboard. My husband says I’ll never understand because I’m not a man :thinking:

I don’t think it comes down to man or woman, it is more a temperament thing. There are some VERY competitive women out there that are ranking in the top slots on a regular basis.

3 Likes

I agree… it’s just a funny comment :joy:

1 Like

Well, there went 300 gems!

I think there are many reasons for people to play a game ( any game, not just this game) such as for fun, de-stress, making friends, competition… The reason depends on each person. However, main purpose, I believe, is for entertainment. When you play a game and are not happy about it, you should quit and find a different game (ex: League of legends - wonder if my post will get removed because of this, but im just saying an example). If you find yourself paying much time, effort, and even alot of money (for some players, not all), but dont get anything good in return, then you should quit the game. Save your time, effort, money to do some other things like: volunteer, help out homeless, or buy a small gift for your family, yourself. What i mean is: do whatever that make you happy, and benefit you in the long run. If this game turned bad because the same summoning problem, and the designers do not fix it, people will eventually quit. In the mean time, if many people still play and pay money for it, the game will keep running as it is. It is just my opinion. I appologize in advance if i offense anyone. Happy December and wish you a happy time with your family.

2 Likes

I would say if the pulls worked the same way as FEH in this game, it would be much easier for us to get 5* heroes. it’s like every pull you did without getting a 5* will increase the rate for getting a 5* with your next pull, if after amount of unlucky pulls, the rate could be going from 3.5% to 5% or more. Wish they could do that in this game in the future)

1 Like

I suggested this before (and others before me). Even if it was just a .25% bump each time and was reset on getting a 5 star, it would be something. In any case, as is the case with the boards here about 10 people came in to tell me why that wouldn’t work, even though it has worked in other games.

I’ve recently proposed another approach to taking some of the burn off of repeated bad pulls:

A challenge in any of these approaches is how not to make this a pay-to-win approach. My assumption is that SGG has a target flow rate of 5* heroes (per $), so if the odds start tilting up, then you can bet the base odds will be lowered, hurting people who only make a few summons.

1 Like

well what i see is heavy spenders will still get what they want, it actually benefits those who spend with a budget the most, it also encourages people to spend a reasonable amount in a way. talking about it may hurt the ctp players, they can still get lucky, or just save as much gems as they can for the hero they wanted(like a lot of people did in feh), and it could also attract new players meanwhile. Look at how many people playing feh, i know it’s a big IP but the pulling system also plays a role. after all we got to respect the fact that if all the players are ftp, our beloved game wouldn’t exist long.

3 Likes

Well, seach at the Forum. You will find many Topics claiming that they get scrap with spending hundreds of Dollars.
It still is a gambling game…so good luck!

Yeah I just did 25 pulls and only got two 4s the rest all 3s and of course no hotm smh!!!