Blustacks?

What’s small giants position on use of blustacks?
I found this in tos from small giant website.

Having seen a player discussing openly in chat about blustacks was wondering if this applies here? @Petri @RubiKinga

4 Likes

I’m glad you brought this up. I witnessed the exchange you are referring to, and it didn’t sit well with me.

4 Likes

Guess I am old school. Wasn’t sure what it was. I saw them talking about this and asked what they were talking about. I thought it had something to do with steamships by its name…lol. I was told it was exploiting “rabbit holes” in the system. Not sure if that was what was seen also. Seems to me to be cheating. They say that it is ok if there are holes in the programming.

3 Likes

I had to google it too. Having played PC games before and having knowledge of what bots and extra apps can do, it is rather concerning what these players can be achieving with running via a PC all night.

1 Like

Forgive my newbishness, what does blustacks do?

Basically its an emulator.
Which means you can play the game on your computer.
Which then means you can run any number of computer programs on it. Like clickers to keep you logged in so to avoid losing cups and/or scripts so you can farm 24/7 for items etc.

Ah. Right. Cheating then…

Thanks

3 Likes

Who is using this? Looks like a breach of the tos to me? Just individuals?

I’m not going to name names in the forums, but I’ll happily provide SG with the screen shots I have of information being spread across multiple alliances.
So its a bit more then individuals but appears to be a core group of individuals educating others.

I believe it’s used to cheat as it allows you to never log off. Therefore not be able to be raided if this is the case and people are using it for this game in my opinion they are cheating and action needs to be taken

3 Likes

Very interesting approach! Great question to bring up!

1 Like

Lol, so much effort for a simple game.
And thats not even fun.

3 Likes

The only person I know who uses Bluestacks is to create an iOS environment on an Android device or vice versa.

(This person has the trust of SG and is firmly against exploits; I highly doubt they are using it for something nefarious.)

As for what is can be used for? That’s more than I know. Any actual
bluestacks user want to come forth and explain fully what is possible?

I’m absolutely against anything that let’s you stay online when not actually playing.

So, I’m a bluestacks user.

I started using it when my iPad died, and was no longer able to use the bluetooth keyboard. I tried using the keyboard for a little while with my phone, but that device is on it’s last legs too. After much frustration with scrolling at the pace of a snail, squinting at the tiny screen, dropping out of the game during detailed posts, and typing on that same tiny screen when the keyboard didn’t cooperate (it’s not the highest quality apparently!), I remembered a post I’d read in the forum - Bluestacks or PC version?

I decided to create a mini so that I could chat again in the game. (Though that was ages ago, and my mini seems to keep growing… might have something to do with my E&P addiction!) As mentioned in the linked post, it’s glitchy but still runs ok. It works well enough that I can go into global (and now Peer Support) to help players when I have the time.

As far as other stuff you can do with it, I don’t know. I’ve told other people about me using it for my mini here in the forum, in game chats, and in the moderator thread. Nobody has mentioned until now that it can be linked to other programs, so I’m not sure how well known it is that you can run cheats through it. So as far as I can guess, bluestacks usage is allowed, as long as you don’t violate Small Giant’s terms of service by linking it to something else and running bots, hacks, etc. Bluestacks on it’s own just runs the basic game, just like it does on my iphone, only with occasional missing fonts, and the occasional freeze of the program (a real kicker when you’re in a titan battle!!). So I wouldn’t say that it’s designed to modify or interfere with the service.

I can’t say for sure what SG’s position on the emulator is, but I’ll flag this thread in the moderator chat, and hope that they can give us an answer sometime Monday when they’re back from the weekend.

10 Likes

Thanks copper I look forward to hearing from them regarding this.

1 Like

I am curious as well however this goes way out of my league i needed to google what it is.
But i have the feeling it is posible to cheat this way and that should be taken care off

1 Like

I have a Chrome computer. It accesses the Chrome store which loads tons of apps, ones you’d recognize from your cellphone like World War Z, Pokemon Go, I think Clash of Clans was on there. These are all supported on the computer. Empires and Puzzles is not. I do believe it counts (Or should) under the third party software designed to modify or interfere with service because it literally changes the platforms on which the game is available. I’d also like to point out on the app store with compatible devices it only lists: Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

A cell phone is capable of a clicker as well, but it is far more complicated and voids warranties I believe.

1 Like

Hi, using emulators (such as BlueStacks) is currently not against our Terms of Service, so you won’t get banned for using them. However, we cannot officially support them, so we recommend to not use one.

14 Likes

‘currently’ - Are you planning to update them for this? :slight_smile:

While I can understand if you can’t/don’t want to give out full details, any measures being taken to tackle people using other apps in combination with the emulators? (no idea if it is even possible to find out if people use this, not a tech savvy person myself - just curious and figure more people might be, I know I’d be happy to hear ya’ll are looking into it).

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply petri.
This opens a huge can of worms.
What other platforms, add ons and/or programs that go against the Tos do small giant give a green light to use?

3 Likes