Blacknight ! Is he still relevant in the new era? Where is the game heading?

Anyone experienced in using QofH with BK? I would imagine the Taunts don’t duplicate?

1 Like

It does. Both get taunt, both take damage.
Sniper hits either or.
Hit 3 hits both if they are neighbors or one of them if they have someone between.
Aoe hits both.

So somewhat useless to bring 2 taunt heroes with you. Especially in the same color and charge at the same speed.

3 Likes

Luna, Krampus and Ludwig are both taunt heroes and (relatively) new, so yes, the Black Knight is still relevant. I know that some people complain about all the new heroes; I personally like the variety now. And no, you don’t need to know the names of all the heroes, only the relevant ones. Check out the top 100 to know who they are.

1 Like

Yeomen 42, she’s not the newest hero, but so what? Do you expect to make the top 100? If not, who cares. She’s a good, solid hero and I would definitely max her. Good luck and have fun with her!

3 Likes

I use Queen all the time. She’s great in offence and defence.

1 Like

Thanks @Samantha7
Your comments are much appreciated.

Although Black Knight is no longer on my Fire Fighting squad, he still is very much relevant. The taunt and the Flesh Wound are great defense mechanisms against Morel, Frigg, Odin, Alfrike, Elizabeth and other AoE attackers. Get his special to go off first, and he will eat up their defense downs, fiends, mindless attacks and DoTs.

And unlike Krampus or Ludwig, he could possibly take the damage and just lose 1 HP…1 fricken health point. Imagine BK taking the 5 cubes from Alfrike, only to lose 5 HP and then getting the mindless attack cleansed by your healer.

BK would be on my fire attack team, but I’m focusing on pure rage with that squad. Maybe he might sub in for Ferant, but we’re experimenting right now. So yes, he is still relevant.

3 Likes

He’s not the best tank actually, but he’s a monster in attack!

3 Likes

He’s an excellent hero and his attack up makes him scary on defense. Still a top tier hero IMO.

2 Likes

Hi Luna… Like you, I pulled BK in the Challenge Festival and felt rather lucky to have gotten him. He’s now maxed and fully emblemed. Mostly using him in wars. No regrets! :four_leaf_clover::blush:

I’m wondering whether to limit break him. So far, I have LB Gefjon and Octros. Other contenders are Garnet, C Marjana, Vanda and now working on levelling the newly buffed Asterius.

Of course if someone great like Ruby comes along, it’s a no-brainer. But assuming I had to choose from my current roster, appreciate advice on who gets the aethers.

3 Likes

*Vanda includes her costume too.

You’ve already gotten good answers based on his skill, and I agree with them (despite not having BK myself yet). Here’s how his stats rank against subsets of heroes available today (I may have made a spreadsheet to filter this…):

(and that’s just the results table, not the calculating sheet :laughing:)

No matter how I sliced the set of available heroes, BK ranks low on attack but top 10 for defense and at least top 50 for HP. That supports him definitely still being able to play with the newer heroes.

Notes
  • Rankings go low to high - so the highest attack stat in the group is rank 1, for example. Thus, lower is better in the Ranking tables.
  • All of these groups are based on comparing fully leveled heroes to each other. No emblems or limit breaking is considered. Comparisons are based solely on the individual stats. No special skill or passive abilities were considered.
  • The rows that do not say “(no costumes or costume bonus)” consider the stats for the base hero (no costume), the base hero with full costume bonus, and the fully leveled costume as separate entities when the hero has a released costume. The rows that do say “(no costumes or costume bonus)” include only base heroes.
  • Event heroes and Barbarians groupings did include costumes/costume bonuses. For barbarians, the costume was only included it if had the Barbarian class, while the costume bonus was only included if the base hero had the Barbarian class.
4 Likes

Black Knight is great to have on attack. He may not do any damage, but he boosts your attack stats. And if he has his taunt active, he can take on Morel, Frigg, Odin, Liz, Hannah, and whoever else deals nasty stuff to your team. Seen too many battles where Morel, Frigg, Odin, and Liz fire one after another and wipe out my team.

With a taunter like BK taking the hits and the status junk, he gives your attack team a fighting chance.

1 Like

Behind Wilbur, she can soak up anything thrown at your red team.

1 Like