Big issue in wars – 1* Defense Teams (Bad Strategy, see discussion for why this doesn’t work well)

The first two seem like they could potentially work.

The level requirement doesn’t really stop this, since a player with strong heroes could still select to put up a weak team — any team could use this strategy, even if all their players have strong heroes.

Wars are won on average points per flag, not points per kill. They’re letting you 4-flag their toughest teams without penalty. You don’t have to even bother resetting them.

Ignore the weakest teams, and use 100% of your flags to kill the strongest teams 3 times. You’ll win.

5 Likes

You will absolutely need to color stack to make this work, though. If you use rainbow teams against their strong teams, you’re likely to bounce off.

2 Likes

I would think weakening the defense teams just makes it easier for your weakest players to one-shot them, leaving all your stronger players to concentrate on the stronger teams. Overall you should still get at least as many flips as you would without this strategy - weakening the lower teams doesn’t strengthen the stronger teams.

1 Like

You don’t want to waste flags on flips unless you’re confident you can beat their stronger teams a 4th time. Those 2 point teams are easy, sure, but you can almost certainly do better than 2pts/flag hitting the strong teams.

The weakest players should be cleaning up partial kills on their strong teams.

2 Likes

The points are distributed, so by having weaker teams (worth fewer points), those extra points are put on the stronger teams.

It will take some number crunchers to figure out how easy it is to win a war against this strategy. For me, using any of our flags on those 1 star teams is such a waste of our teams. If we didn’t kill them, we’d have no way of clearing their board.

I think it’s a worthwhile discussion for us to have.

1 Like

It does throw strategy out of whack but my thinking was if you have weaker players who usually act only as cleanup detail they would be able to take out the weak 1* defenses no problem leaving all the stronger teams to concentrate only on the stronger teams. You get one flip and that’s four potential takeouts on all teams. It all depends on the spectrum of your alliance. In mine I’m sure there are a few members who would LOVE to have six one-shots against these teams rather then the usual 5-20 points per flag they typically get.

1 Like

This is the worst war strategy in the game. It’s been proven and documented many, many times over the last year +. Instead of freaking out about it and complaining about cheating, figure out it’s vulnerability and you’ll have huge fun mercilessly crushing them.

4 Likes

It would make for interesting team selection as the stronger players potentially end up in a cleanup role. In that case you want to save your best heroes for next round and use weaker heroes for cleanup.

No, it depends on the teams and members you have so ofc it can be benefical. I understand its not always good, but unless you have the power to take out all the stronger teams it will help you.

Anyway I guess it wasn´t intended.

This has occured last two wars for us, before that we haven´t seen it.

Btw we won the wars anyway, barely :grinning:

This strategy is advantage only when 2 strong teams meet up. This means imagine that all ppls have 6 teams with 3,5k power - then you have to waste energy on low lvls.

Even then it’s stupid. Why give your opponent easy kills?

1 Like

Do all your alliance members score more than 24 by their worst hits? If so, then 1* defense could be a problem. Otherwise it is an opportunity for weaker alliance members to score more. Stronger players can work in pairs taking out expensive strong opponents.
Anyway, I don’t think that complicated restriction to AW defense are needed.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I thought we were getting away from this garbage?

moderator’s note: screenshot with player and alliance names removed by @zephyr1. #forum-rules prohibit naming and shaming. The image showed a War Defense with all 1* red heroes worth 18 points.

I think this is correct. They have to use a full war defense team of 5 heroes, but no restrictions on which 5.

1 Like

???

To field such cannon fodder isn’t a good strategy. Easy points for rookie members. Nothing more. If all would do this, multiple cleansweeps will happen and the static points for the whole ally would be spread over all. It just seems to be cool and only, if one or two do so…

Is discussed multiple times, too…

4 Likes

Total Points

While it is easy to get confused, because of the number of changes to war, this was never true about weak defenses ( see notes ). But you could entirely REMOVE ALL defense team points from the war until that cheat was patched.

Slaughter

Using weak defense teams always lead to a slaughter by the alliance using strong defense teams.

Lets say alliance Cat is using all strong defense teams. And alliance Mouse is using some, or all, weak defense teams.

The short answer is putting up a single 1* 1.1 Defender lead to insane scores for the Cats because the Cats can ignore the Mouse trap teams/ weak teams entirely. Thus gaining more war energy for attacking the Mouse’s strong defense teams. And gaining more points per war energy against Mouse’s strong teams.

Minimum points and five heroes per defense team reduce the slaughter.

It also adds more fun for Cats, because they do not have to wait for Mouse’s few strong defense teams to revive so they can drive up the score even higher.

Notes

War version 1.0 ( the original )

• Defeating stronger heroes are worth more points than defeating the weaker ones. A fixed amount of points is distributed between the members of the alliances depending on the strength of each member. The total amount of points for each alliance is the same.
  • You get bonus points for completely defeating an entire enemy team.
    (Alliance Wars Approaching (Details & Information)!)

Screen shot- single hero defense teams

Trap teams- weak defense teams

Working Cheat

An actual cheat - All alliance teammates removing all five heroes so there are zero heroes defending for the whole alliance - was removed:

• Fixed issues with Alliances removing their defense teams while the war is active.
  • Any players who remove their team will become a spectator and will not receive any rewards
  • If the whole alliance removes their defense teams it will trigger an immediate defeat
    ( 1.10.3/1.10.4 Update & Alliance Wars Status (16 Mar) )

FIN

4 Likes

We recently ran into two alliances using this kind of strategy, we discussed it, and we came up with a conclusion… The 1* defense strategy is just amazing, brilliant, a master piece… as long as your opponents are using it…we actually only had to kill half the teams (the weak ones couldn’t even count as kills). This way resets were much easier and faster than usual. Also all our kills brought us about 20% more points than usual. I ended up with a score of 456 against one of them and an amazing 577 against the second… and I wasn’t alone. most of our core teams scored around 400 points, even the unlucky ones that got bad boards… So, people, please! Keep using the 1* defense strategy! It really works!!!

9 Likes