[MASTER] Beta Tester Applicant Personal Requests for Updates [Staff response in Post 15] -- As of Feb 2022, Beta Applications OPEN

The main purpose of Beta is feedback so important for acceptance

Are you active online helping others understand game ( forum, reddit, public Discord, twitter, Youtube, non English social media platforms, etc )?

I know several Beta testers without any 5* 4.80+ heroes but they help others understand game, or show off proficiency in videos to help other understand.

Recently several active players were cut from Beta for playing, but not giving feedback/ just lurking

5 Likes

Appearance Rates

Beta user choose 0,0001 % :smile:

2 Likes

Same rate as myzterio :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thank you very much for each of you help :blush:
From now on I will try to be more active in the forum.

2 Likes

Is beta open again or not? I saw it was closed in January and then this most recent thread said itā€™s open again.

1 Like

The application for Beta last closed in December 2020.

This thread dates back to December 2019, so you may have been looking at an old post in the thread.

I just updated the thread title to avoid confusion, since it was referring to a Beta application cycle from last year.

3 Likes

That causes confusion, there ought to be a way to update the entire thread so everything is consistent. Like link to the most recent area that shows it open or closed. Or create a new thread when itā€™s open and close the thread when it closes. That might help some.

1 Like

If you have high enough trust level, then you can view that here: Apply for Beta

There is one. This isnā€™t where it lives.

This is just a thread of people asking for updates on the process, and people who arenā€™t eligible to apply for Beta asking about whether applications are open.

3 Likes

Oh okay, sorry. I thought it was the tester thread. I understand now.

2 Likes

I spend more time playing game rather than spending on forum im lvl 60 player

Iā€™m repeating what @Gryphonknight said Earlier, they want feedback so u need to be active in forum. Beta testers need to give feedback on the heroā€™s released in forum, that is the main purpose of beta testing. Be active in forum u will get it next time :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And donā€™t be super negative and critical of SG and Zynga. Pretty sure thatā€™s what keeps me out of Beta.
I got to call things how I see them .

1 Like

If you read feedback from players in Beta, I donā€™t think youā€™d think that.

Thereā€™s plenty of earnest criticism of SG and Zynga.

I would say itā€™s not an issue of content, but communication ā€” they like players who are critical, but civil, and expressive of what theyā€™d suggest as an improvement.

If someoneā€™s idea of feedback is tossing around insults, or just lamenting that something is bad without suggesting alternatives ā€” that will contribute to them being kept out of Beta.

But criticizing SG, Zynga, and the game design decisions wonā€™t; really thatā€™s the whole point of Beta.

5 Likes

Feedback

This is very close

The forumā€™s official language is English, but many good players from other languages, and cultures

(#PlayApartTogether šŸŽØ Fan Art Contest: Submissions - #38 by Releone1980)

Guides

Though English is most prominent on the forum

(Master List of E&P Links & Player Guides)

Stories

(E&P Fanfiction Library - an index of short stories, poetry and fiction)

Playing

Think of it like a musical broadway play

Some people can sing. Maybe you are best at raids. Devs can check your account.

Some people can dance. Maybe you are best at farming. Devs can check your account.

Some people can act. Maybe you are best at helping your alliance teammates. Devs can check you social media ( any language ) or forum ( English ) presence.

But for a musical broadway play, you do not have to be the best at any one of the above, but you have to be very good at all THREE

Devs want a player that can play well, understand the meta and help other people understand the game for Beta program.

You may be awesome at what you do.

But does what you do match the job requirements?

5 Likes

ā€œAsk me for anything you want, except timeā€

This.

Rumor from beta says Devs has to hire a third party firm to keep track of Beta after

Some bug reports slipped through

Requirement to be active in Beta lounge sub forum

So the Devs want to know when something stinks in Beta, but if they are drowning in feedback, they will have to sort it somehow

It is the old adage, HR throws out applications with spelling, and grammar error, unread.

If you are not going to take the process seriously, why should they waste their time.

@Guvnor feedback god

(šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on ROUND 4 Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v36] - #2 by Guvnor)

(Future of Recurring Forum Threads)

(šŸÆ [Oct 2020] Ninja Tower Event - FAQ & Discussion - #1100 by Guvnor)

(Noor ā€“ 5* Fire/ Red - July 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month) - #1087 by Guvnor)

see also many of recent

(Search results for 'tags:beta-beat order:latest_topic' - Empires & Puzzles Community Forum)

5 Likes

Me too Dazey. Lol. Iā€™m always on but I spend so much time managing, that maybe that has made the difference. Cest la vie

1 Like

I also think they choose based on the device you say you play the game on

2 Likes

Agree with you :slightly_smiling_face:

20 char

2 Likes

I applyed 2 times. Ive been playing for 3 years now and im still hoping to get in. When next form will be open then I will aplly again. I dont give upšŸ˜Š

4 Likes

I apply every time itā€™s open. Iā€™ll be playing 4 years in June. Never got picked. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like