Beta ridiculousness

Let me start off by saying that I love this game. I love that it is supported, the community, the game itself, and the fact that it gives me something to do while I poo.

However

I have 2 major gripes when it comes to the Beta -

1 : How in the heck do you get into the beta?! I know about the forum post with the application link etc but that is always closed and even people who have applied are still waiting to get in. Does this mean that 100% of the people in beta are active or is it time to clean house and issue some new/more keys? AND I hate to say it but maybe it’s time to purge the beta players and ad an entirely new list of beta players with fresh perspectives. I won’t name any names but it is clear that certain beta players have skewed opinions about the game due to their length of time playing, “status” in game, and compare everything to what they want and not what is best for the average/new player. Specifically, it would benefit the game to have beta testers who can give fresh perspective with new feedback that isnt tarnished by a player who has been in beta for over a year.

2 : The whole “cant post things outside of beta” is just terrible imo. From a legal stance I get it saying that maybe another game will implement a thing that is still in E&P beta and then sue you for infringement etc could be a thing but not likely due to obvious reasons. Not being able to share beta information is hurting the community. Players can give feed back outside of beta if they know what’s going on, players will buy more ascension packs etc of they know what heroes to expect, and it will allow for fewer gripes on the forums if we know what changed mechanics to expect before they are implemented. Overall it is just silly to “hide” info from beta for fear of being banned etc.

Give free access to information
Give more access to beta
#StopPlayersFromQuitting

people outside of beta do give feedback. Have you not seen the complains about the changes made in beta from players that are not in beta?

Also i want the most active and experienced players in beta, the ones that have watched it grow through all of the changes, in case you haven’t noticed players thst havent been around long to see these changes have a very different aspect of the game, usually one that is far from how things actually are.

Beta info not being leaked is a good policy. Sure players dont like some heros even if they dont know how much better they were in original beta forms, but they wouldnt be making direct comparisons and accusing beta testers of intentionally sabotaging the game if they didnt have beta info to form conspiracy theories. Also it’s the Devs beta program, Devs policy, and anyone that doesn’t respect their policy, shouldn’t be part of their program. That simple.

People complain about the game being boring, mundane, routine, bland, etc. Well how can devs possibly change that if anything they try to introduce to spice things up is leaked months ahead of time and heavily criticized and speculated about before it’s even released? People already complaining about heros and events that arent due for release for another month is a prime example of this.

You want to get into beta? Apply like everyone else when applications are open. Devs pick people based on factors unknown to me. But i know plenty of people that have got in since last year, they got in roughly 6 months or more after they applied, so obviously there’s a list devs are still going through of who to further add and not add, once that list gets shorter or they decide to expand beta to a bigger player base then maybe they’ll reopen the doors.

People acting like beta players are just picked due to favoritism, need to get to know some of these players and get a better grasp on the game before making assumptions about what beta testers actually do. We all know how time consuming playing the game with 1 account is, playing with 2 accounts is even worse. Then the analyzing, discussing, providing feedback, etc is even more time consuming and these players do have jobs and families.

They are normal everyday people like you and me. Stop with the witch hunt. They help the players and the devs a lot with their time and effort.

Don’t like the changes that were made? Don’t like chsnges that weren’t made? Talk to the devs about it. Call them out on it. Ask for an explanation from them(although they are by no means obligated to give you one). There are plenty of cases where beta players have said something needs to be changed and devs didnt change it and vice versa. Devs have the final say in any changes of heros, game mechanics, descriptions, features, and policies. Not beta testers.

Some info being shared like "hey we have new heros coming next month), ok understandable and devs normally announce that info anyways. But players demanding they deserve to know which heros and thinking devs are obligated to tell them, simply have entitlement issues. This game is a voluntary activity. You are not obligated to play. Not even obligated to spend money to play. So appreciate the info they release, respect their policies and other players, and simply have fun.

I tried to figure out something smart to say, but after @Rigs post i just feel like there’s nothing else to say.

So here’s a snickers.

images%20(1)

Lol after all that typing i am pretty hungry

As a beta tester, I can honestly say that all the general information is leaked here, specific information is leaked elsewhere and that I have seen enough changes and unwarranted panic attacks based on changes that ended up NOT happening that warrant not leaking information.

Beta testers are free to discuss generally what is going on in beta, just not post SPECIFICS (like cards, actual gameplay, etc.). That seems reasonable to me. Everyone knows at this stage that Santa’s coming in December…

changing beta policies and players isn’t going to increase spending or enjoyment of the game for quitting players. People lose interest in activities, it happens. If they have expressed their concerns and ideas to devs but the devs have ignored them, that falls on devs and not beta testers.

I just think your post is misdirected at the wrong people. Devs make changes and dont make changes, not beta testers.

Civil and constructive please. You are free to disagree, but labelling other specific forum members is likely to attract flags.

You bet 20 characters

I do not know how the beta players are chosen. It could be random, it could be hand selected it could be a combination of both. I have beta tested many games in the past and there are different forms of testing. Could be content testing, bug testing, stress testing. That will also determine how many testers the developers need. I understand the desire to want to test but you have to self reflect “why do I really want to beta test?” Is it to get information of up coming features or is it to really test? I can’t say for which one it is for you as only you can decide that for yourself.

Most beta test I have ever been a part of have had some sort of non disclosure agreement or gag order associated with participation. You agree to this rule as a beta tester. Judging by the leaks some do not follow this but usually from my experience if it is found out who is leaking they are removed from the beta. Again it’s an agreement you don’t have to apply for beta if you do not feel this is something you can’t do.

As for the sign up I can assure you it does come arround. I personally have applied at least 3 times already but this is not some sort of “pre order special for early content” you get from a console game so I understand I may be choosen, I may not. There are no special perks for beta tested in any game I have ever tested and actually quite the contrary! You loose constant saves there are reverts, servers go down it’s nothing like a production server/game.

The best anyone can do is keep applying when they can and keep your eyes open :slight_smile:

Can’t give you enough likes for this post…:+1: :+1: :+1::+1: :heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:

I understand why! :wink:

@Rigs well done.

TL;DR, “Me. Opinion. Speculation. Me. Beta. Tester. Better. Good. Me”

Thanks to all our testers out there.