Beta players in events!

8 Likes

This could all be prevented if SG would let a new group of beta testers test each version or feature.

And FYI… i just requested to be removed from the beta program and deleted the app. So if I’m ever lucky enough to win an event or even place in the top 10 of one of the tiers, don’t come blame beta testers for it.

6 Likes

What I find unbelievable is how people deny that unlimited test runs is an advantage… ok if you don’t abuse the opportunity that’s great but it’s obviously there…

1 Like

This may be a bit off topic but I have been curious for a while. How did you figure out the match bonus scoring? Granted we have definitely perfected our strategies since the beginning and I really feel the winner is chosen by the luck of the boards and how much time we want to put into it. Congrats on the win this time! I believe you’re to the point where you have these things mastered. No benefit in practice and i don’t believe you did. I believe like Dator and myself, you’re persistent and you’re just that good lol. I absolutely hate it :wink:

4 Likes

He just explained why there is no such thing as unlimited test runs. The only unlimited thing available in beta is the flags, but do you know how many items it takes to test something like that unlimited?! I for sure dont have them laying around and I’ve been saving them for months!

1 Like

That was the first thing he tested when he entered the beta program and an event popped up!

(This is obviously sarcasm for those of you who don’t get that! I’ve known Zero for the better part of my E&P experience and he is the last person i expect to do something like that!)

5 Likes

Anyways I do appreciate that beta players share their findings with the rest of the community. It’s nice that I can find the proper information online. If I ever win an event it’s because beta players have been so kind as to share how they won. Thanks guys :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Haha sarcasm does not bode well here chef! If he’s anything like us we have spent many hours thinking about how to perfect our scores and push higher. We didn’t use beta to do that (we didn’t have it). We just know how the game works and perfected our numbers. We then gave those hard thought out strategies to everyone! People like zero, wharf, anchor have all done the same thing. I will just stop talking lol I really don’t think there is a beta issue anymore and if there was I would quit it too.

7 Likes

For 99.999% of the players like myself, there is no advantage in playing the event in beta. Why is this? Because the strategy has evolved thanks to several people, mostly UCLA/Dator. It is a bit sad but here is how the majority of scorers do things (a bit simplified but not far from the truth):

1. Look at the minions – if they are red/green with green reflect then red is the logical color because it is strong against green and medium against red. All other colors will be inferior (so long as you have equal teams).

2. Select your biggest baddest red team.

3. Do dozens of trials to get the right board

4. Kill everyone without dying and without suffering much damage at all.

Sadly, it doesn’t matter what the boss specials are or what color they are (except for tile damage) because their specials never fire on a good board.

What does beta get you in those cases? Next to nothing.

The only way that it will work is for those folks going for the absolute highest score, and they can record their times, scores, etc. It is likely that those going for #1 will have some advantage in beta because they can test these things so they can reject scores that most of us are envious of. That problem was taken care of when SG removed the scores.

3 Likes

I agree that there are no more beta issues, but apparently a part of the community still thinks that.
I am not leaving Beta because there is toxicity amongst beta testers, but because of the toxicity of some non-beta players and their constant blame of us having an ungair advantage. And after losing a valuable member of the E&P community today I have decided that I need to block that type of stuff and focus on the positive things this game has to offer, like my alliance, the friends I’ve made over the years and the amazing wars we have against you guys (I’m still wiping the sweat off of me after yesterday)!

9 Likes

This is not completely accurate. You basically get unlimited items. You just have to update your progress in the option menu of beta and it refreshes your beta account with a new copy of your live account. including all the items in your inventory.

Welp, i did not know that, but I guess it doesn’t matter for me anymore.

Cue the posts from conspiracy theorists saying: ‘See… we told you!!!’

2 Likes

I didn’t know about it until this current beta either. Someone mentioned it after the 1st raid challenge test. I believe it’s been in place since they implemented the beta access code a few betas back

Toxicity seems to be an integral part of every gaming community, not just this one. Anonymity encourages it. Some game devs try to come up with ways to fight it (the lack thereof on SG’s part was implied in Anchor’s farewell message), but these solutions are never welcome by the vast majority of players. The precedent laid by other communities is that devs cannot get rid of that problem and limit their actions to forum rules and having moderators enforce them, maybe issue some bans. Personally, from all my gaming experience, I have learned to shrug it off, but I understand why and how it can affect others, especially popular figures that have more exposure.

I’m saying it because it’s a shame you and @Xero786 had to resort to that in order to block off the toxicity. The beta program loses valuable insight from experienced players. Don’t let them get to you.

3 Likes

That is a very recent addition. Beta upto a few months back was a nightmare to link accounts

I think so too. I found out after I reinstalled it for the weekly raid challenges.’

Lol, I’ll give a proper detailed answer after I put my son to bed

1 Like

Besides E&P, I am a big fan of Battle Royale games and I enjoy watching the occasional stream and trust me, there’s no place that has more toxicity than Twitch chat, lol.
And I have a thick skin, people can say about me whatever they want. ‘But if I didn’t ask for your opinion about my person, I don’t care about your opinion.’ This doesn’t apply to you obviously, but is just my general thought.

Anchor had thick skin too and they got to him. So I just choose not to have my limits tested anymore by removing myself out of the line of fire.

3 Likes

So “OP’ness” is allowed, but my nick wasn’t?:wink: (I understand though, just messing with ya)

2 Likes

Where can I find anchor’s farewell? I searched his name in the forums and I checked his YouTube, didn’t find it

1 Like