Beta players in events!

You say that being in beta is a good way to take it one step further in the competitive sense, for me this just means having an advantage.

I dont bash anyone just for being a beta tester. I want them to assume that there is an advantage and I wont let they play victim or say they gain ‘nothing’ from being a beta tester. They do gain some edge, this being their aim or not.

1 Like

The way I see it, beta players had an advantage this event by being able to test different strategies. I didn’t even try to compete because I saw that only one boss was green and he was only in two levels. I have an event ready mono red team and literally did not compete even with a stockpile of items. I sat this event out because I didn’t know mono red is viable. The top spots in epic and legendary are held by indeed beta players. I just wonder how many players with a great mono red team didn’t even try for a high score this event?

2 Likes

In any case I’m thankful to be clued into the winning strategy post event by the winner of epic category, a beta player. Now I know for next time…

I did not meant the “competitive” part, I meant the “deeply involved part”. And I was not talking about you specifically, just to make it clear. The way I see it - I possess enough knowledge about the game to know which heroes will fit into my lineup well. I don’t need to be in beta to know that. I think the only time unfair beta advantage was a thing when it came to events, the case mentioned at the beginning of this thread.

@SWEG I can’t believe that you,as a competitive player, who even had already stockpiled mats, had not checked or perhaps even asked for information about what each stage looks like. The information was out and easy to find. And no, not all top spots are held by beta players.

1 Like

I knew what each stage looked like before the event started. I knew that there is only two stages with green bosses. That’s why I didn’t compete with my mono red team. I was clued into the proper strategy after the event ended. Beta players know the best way to earn high scores, and I don’t until they tell me. Unlimited test runs are an advantage. And yes the winners of epic and legendary are definitely beta players. I’m not sure about the winner of rare category, but he does win almost every event in rare category. I don’t know if mr. P. Ness is a beta player though.

It looked to me like mono blue or yellow would be best on most levels because of the bosses. I don’t have a competitive blue or yellow team so I didn’t try for a high score.

Well, if you think that is the case, then for future’s sake make sure to ask @Uclapack . She has always been a helpful individual and has never hidden any secrets. She’s in beta now too.

8 Likes

She was the first top player i reached for advice and she was really nice. She sent me videos and her score pics and other tips to reach a better score at events . I haven´t yet tried to go top 100 but she sure made it easier for me whenever i´m willing to try. @Uclapack i´m a big fan :clap::clap::clap:

BTW: i´m in Beta and my whole alliance had the pictures of the hotm and event heroes before i had a chance to update my beta app. Also being in beta does not grant you Kage, Inari or QoH. For them only luck, or loads of cash

4 Likes

This isn’t rocket science , if you want to win the events spend a pile of dough… then say look at me for ten minutes. You tube has got it all so there really isn’t an advantage. If these people want to spend there time that way it’s their life… but I’ll say this; most share the info which helps anybody who can read a forum, watch YouTube or just generally ask. Beta tester gains you a little and I’ll repeat “ little” celebrity status in the game. Quit being butt hurt and apply to be a tester.

2 Likes

Beta testers must provide all their irl personal information (:confused:) and play a buggy, experimental version of the game (:slightly_frowning_face:) devoting hours to a fake E&P that isn’t even competitive (:frowning:) then providing constructive feedback to the devs (:weary:). I should bleeding well hope that they get some sort of “edge” out of it, though it appears that any advantage is marginal at best.

Beta testing is open to anyone and easy to get in. I’d never do it - it requires a serious sacrifice of time and effort for negligible personal gain. These guys are altruists and they deserve, at minimum, a pinch of respect for their efforts. If their knowledge helps them perform a bit better in events, good. They’ve earned it.

12 Likes

The #1 rule of beta is you must leak all beta content on the forums and especially on 3rd party chat apps (like Line).

I say this tongue in cheek, but seriously, any material info gets leaked before release here and in even more detail everywhere else. Any ‘advantage’ a beta tester has is almost entirely (if not entirely) gone by the time the live content arrives.

3 Likes

“Jason wants to be beta tester but his mom wont let him” :smile:

If u know u know… if u don’t, then u don’t :wink:

1 Like

Sigh - the player that gave you that advice is only very recently in beta. In other words, she and most of the others, worked out that strategy in the real game.

3 Likes

The only advantage I see in being Beta, is to share information with the rest of my alliance (and this is forbidden).

I feel sorry for the Beta tester.

1 Like

That means that the internet arrived at Crystal Lake :hocho:

1 Like

Practice makes perfect! Don’t tell me that the beta testers don’t have an advantage even without the score screen at the end! Just don’t tell me that!
I’m done with the events, this was the last one for me.

1 Like

Yeah, they memorize all the board possibilities and mastered an equation to beat rng.
Please be serious. I know more people quiting game for being burned by the time beta demands than winners in anything. And pray, what kind of advantage do beta has testing new heroes against titans and raids? Knowing if they are good? How many threads are here about if next month hotm is any good. And cannot people read when they are released? Imexpect people do know that heroes possibilities are written on their cards

1 Like

this again. Ill be transparent. I tested the event in Beta in the super early stages of its release. The event was extremely different at that point, mobs were very different and there were stages that had no green reflect at all. Then a thread very similar to this popped up in Beta and I had decided Im done with the toxicity levels around here. I put in a request to take me out of Beta and deleted the beta app. The next time I actually ran a level was live when the event started and things were drastically different.

Things like this further solidify my initial decision to leave beta. This forum is turning into nothing but a toxic nightmare.

16 Likes

The assumption is that the eeeevil Beta player figures out the event and then holds that sekrit info to his/her chest and laughs a Doctor Evil laugh on their meteoric rise to the top of the heap, helped by Beta knowledge.

The reality is that the ten levels were mapped out AND RELEASED on Line weeks before the event. Which means someone was sharing info long before we even got to the gate.

Please stop with the evil stuff. :roll_eyes::grin:

3 Likes

People have right to complain, because there’s a lot of things which could be done much better. A lot of people devouting their precious time and spending money often end with getting nothing… There are also dozens of great ideas and possible improvements but the devs doesn’t even bother react on any of them.

I don’t necessarily need to see replies like “Yes, we’ll do that” or “No, we won’t do that”, but it would be great to get a reply like “We like this idea. It could be on our to-do list one day” ONCE IN A WHILE.

All developers aren’t the same. There are a lot of developers from various games expressing opinions like this.

It’s all about who you are. If you’re somebody caring only about money, you will probably never reply to any ideas, which is the case unfortunately.

2 Likes