Best to Worst season

Rank the seasons from best to worst. For me, the list goes as follows.

S2: well thought out heroes, stories and map stages. The power creep had barely begun, so most heroes could keep up.

S1: This season was boring, but it wasn’t too long and there were no hard maps:

S3: decent story with great artwork, many of the heroes are good, some meh and some great, not all of them were broken.

S4: the story was trash (remember how Xnolphod brought up ursena and nothing ever came of that), took too long and had a terrible ending. The heroes are all over the place in terms of abilities and powers that make no real sense. The Levels were inconsistent and the last few were coded/bugged (even if devs didn’t want to admit it) incorrectly. Overall, just terrible in my opinion.

I hope S5 is better.

5 Likes

I liked the theme for s4
Sci fi

S3 the enemies have too high hp/def and the stages took too long

I found S4 better as even though the enemies hit hard, they also die faster

I’ll play! :grin: I’ll leave the stat power creep out of it, as older heroes inevitably lost some of their shine due to it over time. And it’s a 4-way tie in terms of storyline. The writing is just atrocious, it made me laugh endlessly at first, but now I skip it altogether.

1. Season 2: Great heroes from top to bottom. Essential 4* such as Wilbur or Proteus tip the scale in its favor. I don’t like the artwork though, but I don’t see it as a deciding factor.

2. Season 3: Same assessment as season 2, but just a tad below. Excellent 4* heroes, such as Mist, Almur and Gullinbursti, but not as good as S2. The 3* might be some of the best in the game. Much better artwork as well.

3. Season 1: Middling 5* to say the least, but some 4* - mainly the healers - are still widely used today. Fond memories of beating the final stage with my mighty Kailani - whom I emblemed just for that purpose :joy: - and a rag tag group of heroes. Abysmal artwork, with a few exceptions (Justice comes to mind).

4. Season 4: Good 5*, but none that I absolutely want. Horrible 4* and 3* outside of Poppy, Helo and perhaps Tettukh. I love the artwork though.

Looking forward to Season 5, happy gaming everyone!

4 Likes

I’m not sure whether I’d put S2 or S3 higher. I may be looking at it with nostalgia. For Proteus alone I’d go S2 :stuck_out_tongue: I did like the runic rocks and their buffs for S3, having runic rocks around highlighted the P in E&P.

I definitely put S4 at the bottom because - storyline, even by SG standards this is awful, no pay-off at the end (though I did like Fogg’s crack about Moreau surviving, and I did find some of the snark funny). The Underwild gems were annoying (and unlike S3 runic rocks, they don’t give an advantage). Also agree that the attack levels of mobs are weird, where sometimes Normal mobs have higher attack than Hard… like, what?

2 Likes

I do think that the perspective depends on for how long you’ve been playing. I started in Dec 2020, so S3 was finishing and basically I only managed to get to it when S4 was starting.

So for me S4 was nice because was the first season since playing that was completely new. I liked its artwork quite a bit and the new mechanics for heroes. Plus that getting some of the heroes right when they appeared, felt very good, like I was on par with other players and not the beginner trying to catch up :slight_smile:

In terms of story lines, I think that all of them are quite weak, but I thought “it’s just a mobile game”. Out of them all, I liked the S3 story line best.

Overall, I would say that for me it’s S3>S4>S1>S2. Season two was already old when I started playing and my pulls there quite bad (despite doing quite a bit of pulls, I only got my first 5* after a year of playing and the all-favourite Proteus I only got after 8 months :roll_eyes:). And its storyline and graphics were already surpassed by S3 and S4 (actually I found S4 and S2 storylines equally bad, but S4 wins for graphics)

Not rating the heroes because there’s good and bad ones in every season. So I’ll go on the combined story + art. So:

S3>S2>S4>S1

S3 had the best of both worlds. The story was reasonable and it had good art. Season 2 has a better looking map but the story was basically the little Mermaid :joy:. S4 has the best looking map but the story is really terrible. I mean a 7 year old could do better which was a massive shame. Season 1 wasn’t terrible tbh and I’d rank the story easily above S4…just doesn’t look as pretty.

2 Likes

All of the seasons are pretty much the same to me. I think Inlean slightly toward enjoying Atlantis most.

I only managed to pull one S3 5* hero and three S4 5* heroes, so the summon portals haven’t been very kind in these two seasons. I do still have a few hard stages of S4 left to do, so who knows, maybe I could still snag another one.

Proteus, Wilbur, Ariel… all among my very favourite heroes and still very useful, all from S2

1 Like

Rank the seasons from best to worst. For me, the list goes as follows.

Talking about MAP stages:

~~S1: it as fun, starting the game, learning about heroes… no crap going on, no annoying status effects, mobs with passives and nasty stage effects as well. It was just click and play - peacefully. I miss these days. Story was fun.

~~S2: good variety of enemies, bosses, visuals and stage effects. No BS in our runes. There wasn’t such a big power creep power creep. It was fun, I remember to have a LOT of fun finishing both normal and hard. The story was also good to read and I’ve got into it.

~~S3: ultra annoying runes that blocked our moves. I’ve got tired of it in the middle of it. I remember to think “oh god won’t this ever end?” Never was excited about it. Felt like I’ve played 100x the same stage over and over and over and over. Everything was repetitive and copy-pasted. Last bosses were boring as well, just some titan. Story was good. Hel was there, it was so cool.

~~S4: the story was trash (remember how Xnolphod brought up ursena and nothing ever came of that)
YES, the worst story so far. The dialogues were ridiculous. It was all like “oh no moreau is coming” “let’s go!” “fight” “oh my god he’s being controlled” “oh my god he’s free” and then “time to rest bye”. Horrible. I was also waiting for Ursena.

Took too long and had a terrible ending. The heroes are all over the place in terms of abilities and powers that make no real sense. The Levels were inconsistent and the last few were coded/bugged (even if devs didn’t want to admit it) incorrectly. Overall, just terrible in my opinion.

Everything you’ve said @King_Kyree77 are my words as well because there’s nothing else to be said. It was just trash and I’ll delay the completion of hard mode as much as I can because I don’t feel like playing it again. Biome effects were a nice add but they made them so repetitive it got boring. Everything was lazy in this season. Mob had the same passives, same art, same everything. Same bosses, same biomes effect for 5 consecutive provinces. There was no love put in this season. Last boss was fun to beat once in normal but not enough to make me feel excited for trying hard mode. It was SOOOO LONG. I thought it had infinite stages because it was an horrible experience. Looping the same stages over and over and over. Everything was just the same copy. It could be deleted I would not miss this season.

I hope S5 is better. I wonder if other s1 heroes will appear in the story. Why only Richard, vivica and elena???

2 Likes

S1 story - Classic story
S1 gameplay - Basic

S2 story - Ok story and good dialogues.
S2 gameplay - Many new map stage rules with a new kind of boss fight

S3 story - Basic yet good story, you know why you are fighting many Tizio, Caio or Sempronio bosses, they have interaction between them.
S3 gameplay - Runes inamobility, sluggish special stages and hateful elite mobs ruined it

S4 story - Good theme but bad story, you are introduced to the characters of your expedition and then won’t see them again, very plain story without twists.
S4 gameplay - Good and new mechanics at first, uninspired copy/paste in the middle, forced difficulty at the end with 500+ damage mobs. It’s truly a pity.

Story: S3>S2>S4
Gameplay: S2>S4>S3

1 Like

Best Season: S3
I’m a sucker for Norse mythology, so this was right up my street. Love the heroes too. Alfrike is my favourite, of course, but Sif is also excellent

Runner up: Season 4. Going purely by heroes, this one is best. I like the story, but it’s not quite as good as S3. I snapped up a few cool heroes like Lepiota, Zekena and Zenobia and a few not so good ones

S2: Story was okay, best hero for me was Ursena…

S1 - was a good start, but looks now so meh. Heroes will all go to Soul Exchange

I will be honest, I am a complete slacker on playing the map. I’m level 68, been playing since December of 2018, and still haven’t beat S2 hard, S3 or S4 (either difficulty). With all of the new content I want to get finished, and only so much time in game, my extra flags usually are used just to farm levels for recruits to level heroes. That said I am about 3/4 of the way through both S3 and S4. My order would be:

S2: I started just after it was released, and remember the excitement of unlocking the Atlantis levels. Everything is so bright and the art/design is unlike all other seasons.

S1: The classic. Where I learned how to manage my team and defeat the Dark Lord. (still my most despised enemy).

S3: Love the artwork, but as others have said, Its VERY long and not much variety. Runes were nice addition to help offense.

S4: Much the same as S3. The different biome effects made you consider what heroes you used, just very long I felt like.

1 Like