Best Team & Hero Position Ideas

Melendor, Proteus, gravemaker, khiona, chao

Are they all maxed? What levels are they?

No not yet Gravemaker I just need one more hidden blade and the other’s just need more level up heroes I’m working on them .

Thanks for the set up I’ll let you know how they work out in raids.

If Elena is final Ascension I would put her as tank over 3 70 Gravemaker, 3 70 Gravemaker is super squishy.

One thing people should keep in mind is that a maxed 4* is usually at least as good as a 3-70 5*, if not better. So if you’re not in the elite level then you should focus on establishing your maxed 4s and don’t worry about 5 unless you have the materials to max them.
Maxed 4* and 3-70 5* both us 4 elemental ascention items and its almost always better to go with the maxed 4* given the choice.
Then be picky about which 5* you want to invest the time and resources into.

Justice is a great example. There are several better Holy 5* and maxed Hu Tao is as good as a 3-70 Justice basically. So it would be better to not even worry about her and wait til you get Vivica, Joon, Guin, Jackal, etc…

They’re both squishy…but one has Very Fast mana and the other has Slow.
So 1 is way more likely to get their special off before dying than the other.

My 3250 monochrome blue team kills 3 70 Gravemaker in 2 tiles, Elena takes 4.

I may be a tad different with my defence team as I highly rate my Boss Wolf for my tank. Current defence in left to right order - Marjana, Isarnia, Boss Wolf, Drake Fong, Zeline. My theory is Boss wolf soaking up the initial damage with his special most likely firing with mana boost to help isarnia, drakes accuracy drop buying me time for Marj and Zeline as well.

Sounds like an odd setup but sitting at 3600 power I have been raided my much higher levels enemies and still won.

The point of that post was to show that Slow Mana tanks (or very slow) can still be viable.

1 Like

I have been playing for a couple of months now, I have been reading everything I could on positioning the Heros but it seems most of it is on defensive teams. So my questions are, does positioning matter on offensive teams? Does the center position even tank or are they all hit evenly since you are not being hit by tiles? I know some would be affected such as a hero that does splash damage on nearby or buffs nearby only. Also I understand that if you are autoing provinces that they will fire from left to right, but other than that for raiding offensive does it matter as much which position they are in?

Thanks in Advance.

1 Like

Other than the things you’ve already mentioned, the positioning of heroes does not matter on offense.

1 Like

One of the real “secrets” of the game is that you’re always both: offense & defense. Keeping this in mind might help; even if you think you’re the attacker, that same team has to defend you by default. In war or raid, you can choose to be more offensive, but, remember that the other team can still wipe you out if their manna comes.

Just a reminder. The game itself is defense-based.

2 Likes

Thank you Lexinen, that was what I needed to know.

Hi

I have also problem with picking good defense team everytime I would choose different combination I finish with -200 trophies :

Any suggestions?

This is 2 top teams

Amy help would be greatly appreciated

Any help on how to position Magni,Marjana,Yunan,Joon, Sartanna ? That is the order I have them in now. Thank you for your help.

Post what levels they are if ya can mate, but if they were based on all maxed I would go what you have but swap Magni and Marj, take advantage of that Def up from Magni.

this is my defense team. I have several other heroes i can use so if you can think of any improvements just throw some names out and i will see if i have them

First, I’d start by maxing out Boldtusk’s costume so that you get his full costume bonus. I’d actually consider making him your tank, as with the bonus and the emblems, he’ll be very tough to take down.

Then you definitely want to get a fast hitter on the wing instead of Melendor, who isn’t likely to fire or be very effective there. If you have Caedmon or Sonya, or Almur, Hansel, Peters, or Jack O’Hare, any of them would be ideal among the four-stars.

My recommendation would be Chao-Grimm-Boldtusk-Cyprian-and then whatever blue or green sniper you can get your hands on.

Boldtusk’s stout defense and heal will keep him up for awhile, while his attack bonus will make everyone hit harder; Grimm’s defense down will be a lot of trouble if it gets paired with BT’s attack buff; and Cyprian will punish anyone who can’t dispel his counterattack. Your snipers on the ends clean up.