Best tank/flanks after Telluria/Vela nerf?

So, what does the community think now? Telluria/Vela (+ e.g. Gravemaker) still the best defence combo after the nerf or do we see a renessanse for Guinevere, Ursena etc.?

1 Like

They are still the best tank and flank, the hardest teams to defeat are still the ones with Gravemaker/Telluria/Vela trio and Finley/Seshat + Drake Fong/Jabberwock as left and right wing.

6 Likes

They are still working just fine for me, using Ursena and Rana as flanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They’re still the best, the nerf didn’t affect them enough to warrant replacing them.

3 Likes

Too early to tell, but in mah feelz GTV vs. Guin Clarissa GM, GTV has the edge of less effective red firepower, otherwise Guin might have a small leg up if she can fire.

50/50

1 Like

Like @FraVit93 wrote.not a big change…please stop what if/what now/what will…set your Deff as you like…before Telly/affter Telly…same s… just a diferent day
…(I still run diferent tank in raids and keeps me 2k6)

2 Likes

Way too early to say definitively, but I suspect it’ll still be Telluria and Vela. Before, I felt the best non-Vela flank (usually on the left side) was Black Knight, and I’ll be curious if this balance changes it.

With Telluria providing less mana slow, less HoT, and a smaller minion (plus over fewer turns), it may not be as profitable to have an average flank. She may not give enough time for Black Knight to be coaxed into firing reliably, whereas Gravemaker won’t have that problem.

I’ve always felt the wings in this defense basically don’t matter. That is, if you have GTV, you have suitable wings. I don’t know if Seshat and Drake are better than Costumed Joon and Clarissa, or whatever. Who cares? Any reasonable comlements make it a monster defense.

5 Likes

Seems for now that Tell/Vela are still reliable in defense…since yesterday it goes up and down with the cups but I’m always between 2400 and 2700 cups.

5 Likes

I’d say the best tank now with the nerf of Telluria is… Telluria.

I’m happy because:

1. Nobody wanted to actually nerf Telluria, but to leave her such as still being an A+ tank, but not so far out of the curve as to leave the game unbalanced,

2. This will most likely make other tanks viable for tournaments with color restrictions, avoiding rosters to become obsoletes

3. Will give vanilla teams a better shot against GTV.

5 Likes

common hero being GM, who was not nerfed…odd.

I agree that the terrible trio is here to stay. I’m actually considering quitting the game or at least taking a break for a while, then checking back in to see if the meta has changed. I’m just bored of fighting GM - Telly - Vela over and over.

I’m not blaming SG or anything. In fact generally I am happy with how they seem to listen to player feedback and release frequent balance patches. Sure they messed up by releasing Telly with too strong a skill set, and compounded their mistake by releasing Vela. But these things happen, and they realized their error and attempted to fix it as best they could. No solution was ever going to be perfect. I think all the feigned outrage and demands for compensation over the recent nerfing was a crazy overreaction and a bit naive. These types of games have balance issues all the time, and if you’re going to sink significant money into a gatcha game you’re asking for frustration.

I hope some of the upcoming heroes mix up the meta in diamond, but right now it’s just a boring grind.

2 Likes

Eh. It would be nice if there were some other good fast or V. Fast reds. C. Marj might dethrone him. Tyr isn’t readily available. Any other red isn’t good in that role.

FWIW, that Guin team probably has Vela or Finley on a wing, and either Alby, MN, Heimdall, Kingston, or Lianna (C) on the other.

good job on telly…but why Finley still hits between 2.5 and 3k on all heroes reduce def and its a fast hero? Whats the point of the slow and very slow heroes on the game if 1 fast hero can kill entire team if he fire 2x.
Do something about…reduce his damage or add a chance to hit next target or simply make him average like it should be…

I think you are wrong. I have been playing this game for 3 yrs now. It use to be fun. Now all you see in Alliance wars are GTV. It is changing the way I feel about this game. I see how SG don’t care about their players. Tulloopa was not nerfed enough. SG gets tons of money from all their pixels games. They give nothing in return. You can spend money for gems for a 10 pull and get a bunch of 3*s. The mission chest gives junk. They came out with the Titan chest promising better rewards after 5 kills. It was nice at first. Now all it gives is junk. Like the rest of the chest. I’m not sure how much longer I will play this game. Maybe all the want is paying players that have Tulloopa. Alliances are leaving the game because of it. SG just admit you killed the game and you don’t care. So come on trolls attack me. I don’t care. I know I’m right and so do you. #RIPSG

Which part I’m wrong? my comment has several different affirmations.

I agree with you that GTV is insanely repetitive in AWs.

Which proves my point 1, SGG never wanted Telluria to be par with Guin/Kunchen/Ursena, but just leave her slightly better. I think they succeeded, since even that Telluria is still the best tank, Ursena and Kunchen still hold cups pretty well.

Unfortunately the best tank ever was largely advertised and had huge availability.

As for the rest of yout comment, well, I think Telluria singlehandedly is NOT the cause of E&P possible demise, but it’s a factor, and there are a few more ongoing that need the urgent attention from SGG IMO.

Pity, I still love the game and I’m planning on keep playing for at least another year (started March, 2018), but if certain things don’t get addressed (I posted comments on every subject thread), I might quit a lot sooner too.

lol you got then censoring my replies. How funny!!

What?

20 non-understanding characters.

While most people find G/T/V annoying, I think JF/T/V more annoying. Key part is not Gravemaker but Vela there.

Ideally is most of the top tier players are using different kinds of heroes combination, instead of only GTV trio.

Why they’ve chosen that trio is easy to understand, because that’s the most overpower combo.

But that’s also mean the game is not balancing anymore, and also become formulative. I agree that there are power classification between different 5* heroes, some stronger some weaker, but the differences should not be too much. There are many suggestions from players on which 5* heroes need to be buffed and developers should listen their voices.