Best defense team with what I have?

Currently on a Defense team that fits my desired game play. I always like the idea of tanking the living hell out of my opponents and let them try and work as hard as they can to take down my heroes when they end up triggering a nasty buff and heal combo that punishes the opponent by making even their most powerful attacks seem worthless. Currently I am grinding a team of all Ice heroes, set up in order from left to right: Kiril, Aegir, Boril, Sonya and Gunnar. The healing aspect comes from Kiril and Aegir who provide a nasty combination of healing and buffing over a period of time. Aegir and Gunnar provide a healthy defense buff as well as they spread damage out across the entire team. Boril is placed at the center to provide the best coverage for his Perfect Repost ability. Sonya, being the only one with an offense ability, negates all enemy buffs and deals damage to a single target. I would like any tips to make this team shine. Hero suggestions are welcome but I would prefer to keep the team to as close to the play style as possible as I am having lots of fun with this setup. Thoughts?

A mono color defense team is sensitive to the opposite color attack team. In case of mono blue defense, Caedmon would be highly valuable in the offense team - riposte and all damage sharing removed with a single hit.

You could consider leveling a rainbow team, also because you get more xp out of the feeders with same color feeding.

You can build up your rainbow team around the principle you described, for example if Aegir is tank, then BT on flank, replacing Kiril in the team, would make the possibly green heavy attacker team’s life more difficult.

Cool… I will try and form a rainbow team. But until then, I will be grinding this team because I am having a fun time with this team. I also have a team of epic rares (all except fire) with Aegir being the only Legendary Rare. Skittleskull, Boril, Hu Tao and Sabina are the other members of this team. Thoughts?