Best current hero that anyone can get

You forgot Shale, the red epic ninja.

1 Like

Well, he’s easily forgettable. He’s on my bench at 1/1 forever! I did miss the sheep and the heal 3 healers (which are mostly useless, except Brynhild).

3 Likes

I suspect my Shale will stay at 1/1 forever. At 15 tiles he is weaker than C Rig at 9 tiles…

1 Like

Shale. I still want him. I have 2 Sapphires (one unleveled yet) and an Ametrine, both at +20 and +19, respectively. The red epic ninja would help me enhance my experience on the family bonus of the chance of dodging any attacks and minor riposte. That should be fun. My other ninja is Jade, still unleveled. After I am done placing Lady Locke at 3/70, I will level Jade to 3/70, or maybe not as I may ascend 3/70 2nd Evelyn, 3/70 Ratatoskr, 3/70 Atomos or 3/70 Elkanen/Kadilen if I get their costume.

As to the heal 3 epic heroes, both Brynhild and Kashhrek and his costume are without emblems, the latter I stripped from +20 in favor of Alfrike since the lizard is unspectacular in epic raid tourney defenses after several months of trying him out with various combos of heroes in defense.

Have you tried him out in center position in one of the double formations? He and Brynhild should improve with coverage for the whole team but I don’t know if that makes him better than another green in the mix

Edit: Sorry nevermind just realised you were talking about tournies, which don’t currently have formations…

1 Like

LOL. I was already typing a reply to you about raid tourneys.

Pretty much this.

Look cMel is really good and pretty awesome for a 4*, I maxed two copies and one is at +18 taking the full def/HP path. But even then he still only has 764 def and 1331 HP, where as my cRigs+19 has 813 def and 1453 HP. In a 4-1 stack I can count on cRigs to survive a sniper hit 90% of the time, but cMel it’s basically 50/50.

So while cMel is great, let’s not oversell him please.

2 Likes

Best current hero that anyone can get part 2, Noor. When she becomes featured in the Atlantis portal

Overall, I like costumes and costumed heroes, and I have defended them and their existence (as long as they are restricted to S1 heroes - don’t get me started on the idea of costuming newer heroes that are already OP enough as they are).

However… the “anyone can get” idea no longer applies. There are so many heroes now, every portal is insanely diluted (and also polluted with useless duplicate heroes). Technically, “anyone” can get most of the heroes in this game if they’re lucky enough (or spend and spend and spend until it pops up). But if we want to make a more accurate list of heroes that EVERYONE can and probably will get, it reads more like this: Renfeld, Dawa, Bane, Prisca, Graymane, Friar Tuck, etc.

6 Likes

Soooooo trueeeeeeeeeeeee !! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Hey, don’t knock Renfield, his costume is awesome! Before it came out he was guaranteed instant food, but now he’s not only playable but, dare I say, impressive.

2 Likes

I wasn’t knocking, I have a costumed Renfeld. As well as a costumed Belith, Hawkmoon, Gunnar, Brienne, and a few others. Just saying that these are the heroes “anyone” can probably expect to get. Costumed Melendor is nice… for that matter, regular Melendor is nice. But the odds being what they are… the average low spender is not likely to pull a Melendor costume anytime soon.

I use the term “low spender” subjectively. I spent an average of about $5 a month on this game for a while. I thought that was a reasonable amount for a game like this. Turns out that $5 a month is considered less than nothing to SG.

They don’t appreciate me or my meager contributions, never did and never will. Instead, I get told that I’m supposed to be thanking them. Heh. I don’t think that’s how business is supposed to work. But what do I know…

2 Likes

True that current chances are not too high due to the large number of heroes in the pool… in the first few costume chamber iterations it was pretty high, which I guess is what I remember

1 Like

Nooooooooo

He is awful.

C.rigard with half the effects and only heals all heroes at very slow mana.

Most disappointing hero I ever got.

8 Likes

Also Gadeirus.

I don’t blame you for forgetting.

At Slow he’s now completely left behind by C.rigard and both versions of Boldtusk.

His hit is irrelevant.

3 Likes

this

(to both)

2 Likes

It does figure though.

Shale just produces Gas and environmental protests in the real world. Having it be as contentious in E&P is comparable at least :joy:

I agree with your original premise, costumed heroes were an awesome addition to the game. For Season One heroes. I can’t think of any rational reason to add costumes to any other heroes, except for maybe a few other older ones who were mostly rated as “very bad”. I’m very happy, for example, that Margaret got a buff (I don’t have a Margaret, but the poor lady was deserving of some love).

Costume Chamber has been somewhat kind to me, and I also remember a time when the odds of getting a 4* costume were fairly decent… but also, back then, my TC20s had a 5% chance to produce a legendary vanilla hero, and a time when those vanilla legendaries were actually good (without costumes).

Yeah sure sure, you will get a bunch of people here claiming that vanilla heroes are still “good enough”… for PVE, yeah. For wars and diamond tier raiding? LOL. No. They’re a joke. There is not a single vanilla hero I fear in raids and wars, I know I can take all of them out no problem with a decent board. Even including costumed versions (which are usually tougher, but not unbeatable). There are many heroes that I have come to fear and loathe lately… none of them are of the vanilla variety. Vanilla heroes are basic, they only require basic boards and basic strategies to beat. They do not back you into a corner, whip you, strip you down and violate you in the way some of these newer heroes do.

Kind of funny that Gadeirus is now considered trash. When I first started playing, Gadeirus was like Kashrek on steroids. And Kashrek was still a viable tank back then.

The times they are a-changin’. And my credit card companies have strongly urged me to stop making stupid purchases. So… I guess I “lost” this game. Congrats to the “winners”…?

1 Like

Gadeirus always had fans and detractors.

I used to stick up for him as usable, but no more I’m sorry to say.

1 Like

I think he is usable for a new player who is warring and raiding in silver-gold tiers. But anything above that, not really. Hence why I wish they would just release Atlantis heroes into the regular pool along with S1, because they’re not really all that special anymore. They’re only going to become even less relevant once S4 drops.

2 Likes