Best costume

3*: Tyrum & Brienne
4*: Rigard & Sonya
5*: Vivica

-Tyrum costume adds a 3* cleaner to your roster.
-Brienne is a mini Athena.
-Rigard fills the need for a dark 4* attack buff.
-Sonya fills the need for more 4* cleaners.
-Vivica fills the need for a holy general defense down if you don’t have White Rabbit. She’s better than rabbit imo.

The stat boosts from costumes are still nice if you prefer using the uncostumed version. The permanent 5% mana stat will especially puts less pressure on me to take secondary mana troops to 23 for average healers. The above costumes just fill a specific need other than the stat boosts.

6 Likes

Yeah Athena is A+ on titan and raid offense. Since she is my best hero I got really used to her playstyle.
Maxed Briennes costume on saturday. Simply can’t wait for events and 3* rush attack tourneys (preferably no reds) since Brienne is only average mana. To some extend also 3* No heal tourneys.

All costumes are almost certainly worth leveling just for the stars boost. But I think the ones that are the most valuable (factoring in time and resources to level vs. how much it improves them) are the four star versions. Paired with an attainable mana troop, many of the average speed heroes will now shave off a tile. And 9 tiles is effectively fast (which is actually 8 tiles) as you often can’t make only 8 exactly.

A few I’ll mention specifically:

• Hawkmoon is a beast now and was huge in the most recent three star buff booster tournament.
  • Rigard is now a viable titan option.
  • Isarnia can become average if you have a big enough mana troop. If you think Kiril + Frida + Grimm / Thorne is big, just wait for Isarnia to take that last spot.
5 Likes

It’s already been said, but I’m just going to kind of compile it all. Ultimately it depends on the individual and whether you use that hero or not (let alone HAVE that hero, but that’s another kettle of fish entirely). It’s worth it for the stat boosts alone. It’s not too onerous to have them leveled due to the reduced XP requirements, so if you’re lacking any priority options, you could do worse than level a costume.

Pretty much all of them go from average to great, so it’s hard to make a wrong choice unless you don’t use the hero. I basically never use Gunnar except as a tank for the 3* tournaments, so me having the blacksmith doesn’t do me a lot of good; it’s the same with Bane in that his costume makes him a slightly more defensive hero instead of an offensive hero which isn’t a bad thing, but that granular difference doesn’t matter to me.

All I can say is the experience I’ve had with the costumes I’ve pulled.

• Having Sonya be a fast, sniping cleanser is HUGE, and I doubt anyone will have problems placing her on their stacks to fight Gravemakers. She’s a massive game-changer both for players and blue stacks, and being an accessible, vanilla 4* hero makes it even better. Sonya is the one where people will have to make a serious choice whether retrofitting her talents makes sense for them because both options bring a lot to the table for most people.
  • Rigard is absolutely fantastic and I think in 9/10 scenarios is better than his original form. The heal-over-time is actually a boon because sometimes you overheal and lose a lot of that percentage, and for the vast majority of heroes (<1450hp I believe, the 609 HoT actually heals MORE than base Rigard’s percentage. There are few situations when having Dapper Rigard makes less sense than classic, and he’s given me the “perfect” Titan comp (Dapper - Cat - Panther - Seshat - Merlin) where I can go full mono just because he’s now the only dark hero that gives a +atk to all and one of two that even provide that in that color. I was so glad to pull one because he’s a game changer.
  • Boldtusk is one of those where it just provides average benefits, but swapping from Monk to fighter is nothing to sneeze at, and he becomes a more defensive hero with a higher heal percentage. Generally not as good as his original form, but I can see situations where having him be a chef is going to be useful.
  • Skittle I just leveled because I was bored. I doubt I’ll use her in either form, but I already had a maxed one and am overflowing with shields, so I didn’t care.
  • Hawkmoon is also a game changer in the 3* category, and I was quite impressed with her performance in this past tournament. Hawkmoon went from one of the most boring 3* heroes to one of the strongest, and I imagine she’ll see a lot of play everywhere that doesn’t have red reflect.

Zatanna Vivica is the only thing I’m still going to try to chase. I probably shouldn’t, but I know who I am. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Because I could.

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more with Rigard. For titans he solves 2 problems, the need to heal and damage buff. Assuming you run a buffer like Tarlak/Miki, your 4 purple slots are somewhat limited. Traditionally titan teams would often pack Aeron & Khiona in a team with Cat (or Kunchen) and Panther. With Rigard, he can replaces Aeron/Khiona and allows another big purple hitter in the form of Ursena.
For me Dapper Rigard is the most important of the 4* costumes. Saw @NittanyLionRoar and he already had 4 maxed Dappers.

1 Like

Could you please explain a bit further what do you mean by that?

While attack buffers are relatively common (Boldtusk, Kiril, Brienne, Ares etc), heroes that do +attack in purple are pretty rare. I think about the colors as in what each colors’ strengths and weaknesses are. This comes from my extensive time playing Magic: The Gathering where each color has more defined roles that somewhat bleed into each other.

E&P is simpler by comparison, but each color does have things it is good and poor at.

In purple, the only heroes that do +attack are Khiona (to herself and neighbors) and now Dapper Rigard. This is important when one is color stacking but not so much when one goes in with a more mixed arsenal.

Rigard’s costume just made me hate RNG just a little but more because I do not have him across 3 accounts. I really want him because A. I desperately need 4 star healers on my main. B. His costume just made him that much more versatile. Don’t be surprised if you see him in 4 star buff boosters. I love costumed Brienne. If I had BK, she would be a worthy alternative for Gormek on green titans.

All the costume are interesting just for the att/defence/health/mana buffs.

Then most of them have really interesting and useful skills, almost must have expecially in the 3*/4* league.

Probably the only one i don’t really like are Bane, Gunnar, Skittle, Lianna, Richard.

Some of them, like Melendor, Rigard, Hawkmoon, Brienne, Vivica, are incredible good.

It’s 1:30am for me so sorry if I am a little foggy but doesn’t it take 25% to make an average hero charge in 8 tiles not 20%. 20% would make a slow go from 12 tiles to 10 tiles right?

Deleted due to hippo’s poor mathematics :frowning:

Not sure what your greens are, but Skittles with costume just made it to top 1 attack stat on 4 star heroes, beating even Ameonna. Hell, her attack is comparable to Eveleyn’s at 4.80 + emblems. I am successfully using her on blue titans now. She’s also beating Zeline’s atk debuff.

No, 10/(1+0.2)=8.33 so you need 8.5 tiles (9 tiles) to charge an average hero with 20% mana buff.

I understand the concept of certain abilities belonging to certain colors. Yeah purple lacks atk buff. I just missed Khiona. Thank you.

I think Horghall is sick, the attack drop is basically the same as Kingston’s capped (a bit higher technically) and it’s to all enemies. I don’t care if it’s slow, it’s a good attack drop that massively helps with taking slash attacks.

Better stats to make him more viable defending and better class too for ignoring the counter buffs. I quite like costumed Horghall in Beta, and frankly that’ll be the only reason I’ll level mine if I snag it.

For 3*s, Gunnar and Brienne got the best ones easily, challenge event teams are very likely to include these two in the future. Special shout-outs to Tyrum though as his makes him a cleanser for 3* tournaments.

1 Like

What am I missing about Gunnar’s costume? It seems terrible. Slow mana, no damage, and gives the enemy a buff? Why wouldn’t I use Ulmer instead?

It’s like Wilbur and why Wilbur is so good. The spirit link and defense down means everybody is taking increased damage from everything, and that massive damage is spread out. If you pair it and a sniper barrage targeting the weakest hero, say Muggy for instance, you can KO multiple heroes at once, and nevermind tile cascades. Defense teams evaporate under the right circumstances.

It’s not a fire and forget option, but it can be incredibly powerful with the right setup.

@Suicide_Bunny

Also have a +3 Peters and max+0 Gadeirus.

Candy Skittle did match Little John for attack stat without having any emblems, but I didn’t think of that. The emblems are going to Cheshire Cat though, but that is good to know at least.

3 Likes

The defense down is good but I really don’t see the enemy spirit link as a plus. I’d rather kill enemies than damage them, dead enemies can’t fire specials, can’t heal, etc.

Wilbur is great because he has not one but 3 great elements to his special, and is medium speed. Gunnar blacksmith gives up 2 of those for slow mana.

I just can’t see how an extra -10% defense vs. Ulmer makes up for Ulmer dealing out 3,000 damage and NOT giving spirit link. Or Gill-ra adding attack debuff and dispell on top of the def down.

I don’t think anybody is making the argument that Gunnar is better than Wilbur. I’m certainly not. And as I said, it’s not a fire and forget thing like Ulmer. I’ve screwed myself over many a time with a mistimed Wilbur, and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

But when it works, it’s glorious.

Yes Gill-Ra and Ulmer require less planning, and if they work for you, go with them with my blessing. But blacksmith Gunnar gives one that option, and sometimes that matters. That’s all.

3 Likes