Best building after Hunter’s Lodge?

After we build Hunters Lodge can we upgrade a farm and get the extra storage w need to then have enough space to research harpoons or do we have to upgrade food storage first?

1 Like

You need all level 20 food storages and 1 advanced food storage at level 1 to research Harpoons.

5 Likes

So upgraded farm has no extra internal storage (or not enough?)

All my farms, mines, and storage for both are level 20

That will increase the amount that individual farm can hold before it is full and stops producing. That amount has no effect on how much you can hold in storage, and does not help you upgrade.

4 Likes

Thanks. I thought it added to the total cap a bit

1 Like

They don’t, but a common point of confusion is that the Stronghold itself stores 10k of Food and Iron.

So if you add up all of your Food Storage, that’s where the extra 10k comes from.

But the Farms themselves only store uncollected Food, as @StephenNap89 said.

5 Likes

You learn something new every day. Usually it has to do with aging and is painful, but today it was game info. Yay for that!

9 Likes

I am finishing SH level 19. I only have 3 Food Storages right now. I assume one will be available at 20?

I did an Advanced Mine next after the Lodge to help boost Iron production a bit. Helps recover from big expenditures faster

Yes… Once you reach SH20 you unlock the rest of the map. However, you need all iron storage at level 18 to hold enough iron to build SH20.

Then you have at least a week to wait for it to be built. The grind is real :confounded:

2 Likes

Awesome. Thank you Sarah, I have 5 Iron Storage so it looks like I took that road earlier than Food Storage.

1 Like

Thanks all and @StephenNap89

Silly q - Are we restricted to only 1 Advanced building at SH21 or can all three be converted?

Once we reach SH21 does that mean all iron storage and food storage can be upgraded one at a time to lvl 21? Thanks

@chadmo Everyone has the same plots, we all have 5 iron stores before we get the 9th farm and 4th food storage at level 20. You couldn’t open that last food storage before SH20.

1 Like

You can only build one of each. In beta, more unlocks at SH23

2 Likes

Just like when I was fast tracking to SH20, I found lvling the farms and mines were vital in the long run to speed up resources.

So once Sh21 is done, research hunter’s lodge, advance mines, iron storage?

Awesome! Thanks you Wad, I was concerned I did something wrong.

I think you meant 5x Iron Storage at Level 18. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes… Yes… Nice catch… Will edit :smile:

2 Likes

There was a post somewhere giving the best things to upgrade following sh21 but I can’t find it.

1 Like

You’re probably thinking of this one:

4 Likes

Cookie Settings