Best and worst HOTM from each year poll

With the new family bonus a d element kinks for the hotms I’m interested in opinions on who everyone thinks who is the best and worst HOTM from each year.

Also who is the best and worst of all of them? 2021 can be included since we know most of them and what the bonus will be plus the other 2 while not out yet have been in beta and also on the beta beat for those not in beta.

I’m just interested in opinions to see if anything has changed with the addition of element links and bonuses now able to effect all allies instead of just same color.

You don’t have to have the hero to rate it as despite 4 years of playing I only have 4 hotm. 3 we’re from summons and 1 from HA10. Currently and for the past few years I’ve been near ftp buying only the vip sale but I spent a little more in the earlier days. My first hotm was actually in my alt account and was Aegir who’d I’d love to have here in my main and I got him when he first came out.
All I own are Grimble who was meh at release but now I’m glad to have with all the minions. Glenda who I’m very happy with and she goes almost everywhere. Yang Mai who was very welcome as whe. I got her I had Elena and Khagan at 3.70 despite having 30 rings and no marjana despite running 3x tc20 for years and HA10. I had mitsuko but getting yang really helped and since then I’ve gotten marjana 2x from ha10. Actually 2 weeks after getting marjana from HA I got my first non s1 Clarissa who I was thrilled with since she’s VF and basically a dark GM. I’m hoping for Russell this month but I’d like to hear who you think are the best and worst for each year.

I’m guessing Thoth, Margaret and Perseus will be in many lists of worsts with GM, Telly etc in so e best lists. Also this WITHOUT costumes. So seshat, gm and alby should be plain versions but like I said did the new element link and family bonus change anything?

I look forward to hearing some good replies maybe even a few surprises.Ill post mine later in a separate post.

2 Likes

If you add a poll it will be easier for us to vote :grinning: and result will be visible to everyone :blush:

15 Likes

Russell and Margaret worse hero ever so Russell going tomorrow in hero academy and Margaret i forgot how she looks like long time ago because simply she was a good meal for Lady Of the lake

Best: Alexandrine / Devana; Glenda / Malosi / JF; Miki / Kunchen / Onatel… all of them are great ; Evelyn / Fong / GM; Hel /Alberich / Athena.

Worst: Yang Mai; Reuben /Zulag; 2019 no bad heroes; Natalya; Thot Amun.

1 Like

Best telluria and worst noor.

1 Like

Best: Hel/Athena/Alby; Worst: Toth-Amun

Best: Evelyn/GM/Drake; Worst: Natalya/Aeron

Miki/Kingston/Frida/Seshat; Worst: Neith/Margaret

With later HoTM’s I am not quite familiar, since I left the game after Telluria and just recently returned.

Best HoTM of all time - I would cast my wote for Hel.

1 Like

You have missed out on Margaret man. 2019 hotm bonus gives her extra 10% to 20% attack. The one hero I consider to LB, especially to see her sky high attack. The worse? She has aged like fine wine.

5 Likes

So you’re going to put a hero who is decent and likely get a s1 hero back? Maybe you should check the ha thread I’m 1 in 34 and others are worse. I did 50 pulls and got no Russell but you’re tossing yours away…ironic…lol

1 Like

May be he has many copies of Russel. I have 3 copies of Russel so I will be using one for HA retrain. 0/44 retrains in HA but still I don’t think I need 3 copies of Russel.

Ha! I have both, maxed and emblemed. My Noor sees action often, including being on my advanced farming team and any event that allows for red. Telluria hardly ever sees any action at all, poor dear. (Vela still does.)

I also loved Margaret offensively until I got C. Kadilen. So I had to test:

I blemmed Margaret back up.
I put her in defense. My C. Kadilen is still much better.

Offensively my C. Kadilen is still much better saving my wings also.

However for titans, I didn’t track before data unfortunately… but I believe my blue Titan scores have improved.

Hefty fee for little return unless, If you don’t have C. Kadilen, then Margaret is definitely enjoyable for offense and titans.

Not sure about the wine,
Boone’s Farm maybe

For my best:
I’m eyeballing Onatel. She is a blast to play on offense. You have to watch your timing and targets. She can be a PITA on defense as well.

Worst,
I’d say the 2018 group is getting the shaft. They now have the worst links in the game. Out of that bunch I never liked Aegir. With def down, an enemy Aegir was always the best player on my team :joy:

I’m using Margaret for the massive attack stat. Wouldn’t consider putting her on defence anyways

2 Likes
2017 - BEST HOTM
  • Hel
  • Athena
  • Ares
  • Musashi
  • Alberich
  • Thoth-Amun
  • Perseus

0 voters

2017 - WORST HOTM
  • Hel
  • Athena
  • Ares
  • Musashi
  • Alberich
  • Thoth-Amun
  • Perseus

0 voters

2018 - BEST HOTM
  • Natalya
  • Zeline
  • Delilah
  • Aeron
  • Alasie
  • Gravemaker
  • Gregorion
  • Drake Fong
  • Khiona
  • Aegir
  • Zimkitha
  • Evelyn

0 voters

2018 - WORST HOTM
  • Natalya
  • Zeline
  • Delilah
  • Aeron
  • Alasie
  • Gravemaker
  • Gregorion
  • Drake Fong
  • Khiona
  • Aegir
  • Zimkitha
  • Evelyn

0 voters

2019 - BEST HOTM
  • Onatel
  • Kunchen
  • Frida
  • Anzogh
  • Margaret
  • Ranvir
  • Seshat
  • Miki
  • Grazul
  • Kingston
  • Neith
  • Grimble

0 voters

2019 - WORST HOTM
  • Onatel
  • Kunchen
  • Frida
  • Anzogh
  • Margaret
  • Ranvir
  • Seshat
  • Miki
  • Grazul
  • Kingston
  • Neith
  • Grimble

0 voters

2020 - BEST HOTM
  • Vela
  • Jean-Francois
  • Telluria
  • Malosi
  • Clarissa
  • Raffaele
  • Noor
  • Zocc
  • Bai Yeong
  • Zulag
  • Glenda
  • Reuben

0 voters

2020 - WORST HOTM
  • Vela
  • Jean-Francois
  • Telluria
  • Malosi
  • Clarissa
  • Raffaele
  • Noor
  • Zocc
  • Bai Yeong
  • Zulag
  • Glenda
  • Reuben

0 voters

2021 - BEST HOTM
  • Bertila
  • Uraeus
  • Malicna
  • Frosth
  • Yang Mai
  • Elradir
  • Devana
  • Chakkoszrot
  • Alexandrine
  • Russell
  • Balbar
  • Hanitra

0 voters

2021 - WORST HOTM
  • Bertila
  • Uraeus
  • Malicna
  • Frosth
  • Yang Mai
  • Elradir
  • Devana
  • Chakkoszrot
  • Alexandrine
  • Russell
  • Balbar
  • Hanitra

0 voters

HOTM Who's Who

9 Likes

I started playing in 2018 at the end and it’s the year I have the worst recollection of heroes but my personal take should be:

2017:

Hel and Alby, both of which I luckily own.

Aeron is worst

2018:

GM arguably the best, maybe with Evelyn (again I’m not too clear about which HOTM belong to 2018 so this could be quite flawed)

worst goes to toth Amun

2019:

best I think should go for kunchen, seshat and frida. I own kunchen of those, never left my team since I’ve had him, he’s brilliant. I also have seshat.

Worst I would say maybe anzogh, ranvir and grimble. I own anzogh and only way he’s usable is if you pair him with a very good attack booster (miki or wu, maybe tarlak).

Best should be vela, telly and maybe Clarissa because of speed. I have telly out of those and despite she’s no longer the killer she was, she can still do good when paired with other heroes.

Worst hands down zulag and noor. I have two zulags and neither made it to the final ascension despite I have more than enough ascension mats.

2021 thus far:

Best is devana for me then yang mai. I have devana and her minions are awesome. I still need to see alexandrine more to judge her, she seems tremendous.

Worst: I’d say Russell, no one comes close. Elradir is quite disappointing too, I own him and I’m not sure I’ve even used him.

Wtf I’m so mad with my stupid fingers I accidentally placed telly as the best 2020 hotm. I demand a recount

Same here. When I pushed Aegir there was a glitch in the matrix

Thnks for building the poll it was my plan to edit the OP but I got tied up so thanks!.

1 Like

I really don’t have that much luck, most of my HotM are the ones classified as worst… especially Reuben, Russell, Noor… Chakk seems useless in my play style.

1 Like

Sadly despite playing for nearly 4 years I have one hotm from each year through summons. Grimble, Glenda and Yang Mai. I did get Clarissa from HA but that’s sad.

I also think there are mistakes in the worst category I can’t see how Evelyn, zeline and to a lesser extent khiona are worst. They’re still solid now, I remember zeline was the Frigg of her day.

You can see how they’ve changed as there is no overlap in the early ones with best and worst and it’s a very clear delineation but later the best and worst get spread out and some overlap. Also looking at them you see none of these are game changers anymore but some before changed the whole meta. Ares was once the tank to have but then again so was guin(I know she’s not hotm) but it’s sad that these less impactful hotms are going to flood the ToL pool over time.

I counted today in TOL and other than the 4 I have I think there were 32 I’d still use and 6 I’d rather not get like Thoth, ares, Margaret and some others. Glad it drew some interest.

It’s their opinions, and it’s 1% of the poll. Not everyone thinks the same. And certainly don’t let 1 person bother you.
Btw it’s a mistake that I accidentally put telly as the best 2020 hotm