Best 4 star buddies for Aegir

I have a fully ascended Aegir as my only 5 star, and I have most of the vanilla 4 stars with many maxed. What four star team would you build around aegir?

2 Likes

As a defence? Raid attack? Events?

All the above but especially looking for defense advice first and raid/war attack advice second

Hi!
Maybe you can tell me/is which heroes do you have?
Would be a little bit helpful. :slightly_smiling_face:

Reducing enemy attack works well with aegir’s defense buff. So using skittleskull or Scarlett could work nicely. I think Li Xiu is flat out the best yellow 4* defender without competition. For purple proteus seems best but otherwise tiburtus can work too. Since Aegir is very defensive you want the rest of your heroes to be doing damage so I wouldn’t put any other healers on your team.

1 Like

If having all available options I’d go Caedmon, Scarlett, Aegir, Li Xiu, Proteus in that order.

Defensively…

Aegir is obviously your tank.
Unless you’ve got floods of emblems, you’re probably looking at platinum - at that arena, attackers will have to stack green to stand a chance of knocking down Aegir… I’d flank him with a pair of reds to counter any green stack brought against you.

Something like:
Caedmon - Gormek - Aegir - Colen - LiX

Dispel, Def down and damage, survive, bigger damage, mana cut.

Could sub out Gormek for Scarlett to make Aegir even harder to drop, but idk if that’s necessary…

I know rainbow is popular, but I like flanks that counter the stack colour against the tank.

It really depends what you’ve got though.

1 Like

I agree with Bubbles here, but if you are looking to go rainbow then I might use Rigard instead of doubling up on red. Rigard, Gormek/Colen/Scarlett, Aegir, Li Xiu, Caedmon. Caedmon to debuff, Rigard to cleanse ailments. But I think another healer type other than Aegir would be a nice fit on a defense team. Rigard, Boldtusk, Kiril…blah blah blah.

1 Like

I have fully maxed Kelile Scarlett guardian falcon so I thought about flanking two of those three. Li xiu is maxed as is tiburtus so that’s probably what I lean toward. Ciao, Wu Kong (a few have mentioned him), skittleskull, little john some other max options. Boril and Mellendor both maxed and used a lot but don’t fit with aegir. Lots of other 4 star choices but would take some leveling.

1 Like

Caedmon is one I don’t have sadly, but I’m flexible. I don’t have to go rainbow.

1 Like

Putting a healer on the team is a bad idea. The team quickly becomes unable to kill the attacker. It will be too defensive. Like somebody can get a BAD starting board and still win pretty easily because they can just keep pushing dead tiles into your healers and not care how many times they get set off. You want your team to be capable of dealing quite a bit of damage and punishing bad starting boards are quickly as possible.

2 Likes

I have heard both sides with extra healer but I agree. Too hard to take opp down without a lot of firepower surrounding aegir

1 Like

Ooh, Falcon?

Was basing my suggestion on vanilla only.

Let me revise…

Tibs - Falcon - Aegir - Scarlett - LiX

1 Like

With the heroes you mentioned I would set my defense like this

1 Like

Perhaps…I’ve never tried surrounding Aegir with 4* heroes. I don’t know…I’d probably give it a shot both ways to see which works better, but I can see the argument for not going with a healer.

1 Like

Well if the attacker gets a good board the attacker will win just regardless. That’s how the game works. So the second healer isn’t helping when you need it to. And then when the attacker gets a bad or average board, the second healer is only giving the attacker breathing room to work the board until they can get their mana charged. That’s the only thing it’s doing.

1 Like

That’s why the top defenses don’t use a healer at all. They use blue/green snipers on the wings, fast/very fast AoE heroes in the flanks and Ursena tank up front. That team gives you like 6 turns to get your mana charged or your heroes are all dead lol

1 Like

Yeah, I’m sick to death of Finley, GM, Ursena, Drake, Kingston teams…just keep running into those over and over and over and over again. Still seeing lots of Guin and Kunch teams up there, but Ursena for sure has surpassed them.

2 Likes

Lots of great discussion. I appreciate all the thoughts!

2 Likes

Can I ask why Scarlett over Kelile?

Cookie Settings