Bertila or Zocc?

Her emblems are for Rogue. Zocc has my Rogue emblems.

That’s why they overlap.

Unless I pull her, Zocc will keep all his emblems.

1 Like

I forgot! I had Marj already at +20, I’m not planning to move those emblems anywhere else :slight_smile: .

Zocc will have emblems if he will prove useful enough … (Khiona is going to lose theirs very quickly).

1 Like

However, Zocc is average (barely two tiles faster than Berty), his special is situational, and worst of all, he keeps returning with that ugly balloon in a worst cash-grab mechanic in this game and in all games ever.

1 Like

He is pretty easily made into functional fast at 9 times.
Also, how exactly is he situational?

Please allow me to count the ways:

1. A situation for triggering an enemy healer early: Does the enemy have low health?
  2. An added situation for triggering an enemy healer early: Is the enemy healer’s mana too low?
  3. A situation that should give Zocc pause for thought: Can the enemy cast Ruler of Seas?
  4. Another situation that should give Zocc pause: Can the enemy cast Twighlight of Sorrow?
  5. Can the enemy cast Swamp Splash?
  6. Mending Mantra?
  7. Nether shield?
  8. Electric Cut?
  9. Does the enemy have dispel at the ready?
  10. Does the enemy have Drake Fong?
  11. Does the enemy have Jabberwock?
  12. Bera?
  13. Jade?
  14. C. Lianna
  15. Grazul
  16. Reuben
  17. Santa
  18. C. Boldtusk
  19. Bauchan
  20. Hawkmoon
  21. Sumle
  22. Wilburn
  23. Agwe
  24. Boril
  25. Valeria
  26. Ariel
  27. Raffaele
  28. Snow White
  29. C. Ulmer
  30. Friar Tuck
  31. Mnesseus
  32. Shrubbear
  33. Hansel
  34. Elkanen
  35. MN
  36. Ratatataskr
  37. Tarlak
  38. Hatter
  39. C. Brienne
  40. C Isshtak
  41. C. Skittleskull
  42. Bjorn
  43. Gafar
  44. Rigard
  45. Jabbar
  46. Aeron
  47. Grimble
  48. Kunchen
  49. Marie-Therese
  50. C. Quintus
  51. C. Renfeld
  52. C. Sabina
  53. Bane
  54. Gan Ju
  55. Kailani
  56. Pixie
  57. Lady Woolerton
  58. Li Xiu
  59. Mist
  60. Wu Kong
  61. Joon
  62. Leonidas
  63. Rana
  64. Vivica
  65. White Rabbit

Man… I am missing some situational Zocc stuff

Zocc’s situational identity just makes him fun, imo. An added puzzle.
It can all be navigated with careful thought.

But he is situational, none the less!

2 Likes

Isn’t that just called “playing the game”?

3 Likes

It’s called playing the game with Zocc!
He’s the only hero I know that can load his enemies with 50% mana. Just to have them turn right around and nuke you!

Which…

I found out on Skadi… I had minions up. Fresh minions…

So I tried to stop Skadi with Zocc and she hammered me with her gorilla hands… Hard… I did a lot of blinking afterwards.

Are you suggesting that certain heroes should only be fired at certain times?

Put another way, you’d have to use strategy to get the most out of them? Healers aren’t at all useful when your team is at full health, for example.

I’m just making sure I’m understanding you.

This has been talked about fairly thoroughly. But it seems not everyone knew. Including, perhaps… the OP
So when @Nightmare2048
Says,

And was questioned how… I explained further.

All heroes have a degree of being. Situational. That’s true. To add to your example, don’t fire Fenrir upon an enemy with full health. Let him wait for a tender morsel. This is understood.

All heroes have a degree
Some more than others.

Anyone who casts a status ailment upon a monk, or mindless attack upon a cleric or other protected enemy from any other means I mentioned. Has done so out of lack for strategy.

Or…
Has done so out of necessity for some other part of their skill. In which the enemy doesn’t gain the ailment.
But in Zocc’s case…they do gain 50% of their mana. This occurrence has many avenues to manifest.

His identity, is more… situational…
than say… Magni or Grazul.

If it’s still unclear. Then it’s probably my fault. And I doubt I’ll remedy the…
Situation :smiling_face:

I’m just trying to understand the time you took to list out 65 heres and what argument that was to bolster.

If I listed 66 heroes or maybe 64 heroes/situations, what would that prove?

This game has a large amount “should I do this…or this…or this?”

Yeah, you ~can~ “load up an enemy with 50% mana” and “let them nuke you”. You can also discharge your minion summoner with a defensive Skadi with mana in her pocket. You could. Many of us wouldn’t. And many of might not lean on a minion summoner against a team like this.

1 Like

The list? I haven’t seen an actual list yet, have you?

It lends perspective to the…degree I previously mentioned.

I should finish it… I think I’m leaving out a few innate abilities. And maybe a hero or two.

Oh… I see…

Ok…that’s why I brought Zocc. I was testing him out. And learned about his situational skill, the hard way.

1 Like

Let me know when you’re finished.

1 Like

So based on your below:

You are saying that basically mana controllers are situational?

Well, OK by that definition I will agree with you. But

Is absolutely right here. Taking a basic sniper -

1. Which hero should I target? Is one of them almost at full mana? Is one of them low health? Is one of them more dangerous than the others?
  2. Should I fire now? Do I have a hero special to follow up and kill the target? Do I have other specials to neutralise the most dangerous enemies? Does the enemy have a buffer or debuffer in place? Does the enemy have a healer ready to negate my damage?
  3. What tiles do I have to follow up?
  4. At what health are all my heroes?
  5. What buffs do my heroes have? What debuffs do the enemies have?
  6. What is the time on the clock? Am I close to tie breaker damage boosts?
  7. Any war or tournament adjustments to account for

This is before we even get into the specifics of the question, any secondary or negative effects. So I guess that means - every hero is situational? Zocc has some mana controller considerations but every special type has an additional set of casting hero and target hero considerations from elemental to class to health to buffs to debuffs etc. So by this definition of “situational” saying “Zocc is situational” is the equivalent of saying “I am going on a match-3 raid now”. The match-3 component is just so part and parcel of playing each match that it doesn’t need to be called out. Unless, of course, you like to play with all the finesse of a sledgehammer and hope that you bludgeon your opposition through power alone without any consideration of strategy. In which case… yes Zocc is situational

2 Likes

Sometimes it is more fun talking about how things are not perfect than to look at how to perfect our use of those things

2 Likes

This is an interesting question. I don’t have Bertila or Zocc. I think Bertila might be more useful, with the rush events we have now. But Zocc would be more fun. You have a good lineup. Will you use either of these anyway? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Have you played with Hansel? I love Hansel. He’s maybe my favorite hero in the game. I don’t think I need to say anything further about Zocc; I’m sure other people are discussing him thoroughly enough already.

I’d rather talk about Morgana. I’ve only heard from very few people who’ve used her. I like to describe her as an exotic weapon. She’s used by few, but she can become a favorite for those who do use her. Ever heard the stories where she stood alone against 3 heroes, leeched the life from all of them at once, and eventually came out on top? She might be worth taking up to 3/70 and trying her out, if you run out of other things to level. She might make you smile someday. And that is also how I feel about Zocc. Is he one of the best? Nah. But he’s not among the worst and he is my style, and I’d sure like to have him because he’s how I like to play.

2 Likes

I love Zocc, in raids, titans everywhere. I like better than Malosi, as Malosi only shuts down the special. Since I have limited roster, big part of my trophies can be thanked for Zocc. With him i can raid above 2500 trophies. I am even gambling against Rigards, Vivica and usually it pays out.
I love to see, when some of the opponents kill his team mate with the mindless attack, which is an addition to the shutdown.
Zocc also taught me to start liking my Merlin, i bring him in my mono-purple in diamond too at 3/60. It is hazardous, thats why i am planning to fully level him.