Bertila – 5* Nature/ Green - January 2021 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

With a hit similar to Kilhare and an increase of Mana 4% about every Minion disaster and with good skills you can not want it just for its design!
I may be wrong! Sorry if I write to you a little raw!

Yeah. But slow. Can you blame me if I think there are better heroes than Bertilla? I agree she is devastating if allowed to fire, but in the current meta where faster heroes rule, slow and very slow heroes will only have fun in VF wars and raid tourneys. I don’t mind maxing slow heroes, but they need to be game changers like my Alberich and Mother North. Ascension mats are hard to come by and the contenders for my 13 tonics are 2nd Eve at 3/70, Ratatoskr at 3/70, Guardian Chameleon at 3/70, Zocc at 3/70, Atomos at 3/70, Elkanen at 3/70, Kadilen at 3/70, Horghall at 2/51, and Lady Locke, who will be leveled soon to 3/70 as I had just finished maxing Mother North. Now, is Bertilla worth the tonics ahead of Ratatoskr, Locke, Chameleon or 2nd Eve? What if I pulled Elk and/or Kad’s costumes? Will Bertilla be better than those two fast heroes with costume?

Got her chasing C.Marjana. I’m not a fan of slow heroes, but let’s read what you say about her.

1 Like

My green choices are awful. Nature is my orphan colour. I’m sitting on 15 tonics, I use Zeline as a tank (if that’s any indication).

If I had that much choice I’d go for the Squirrel! He’s my most desired green, he’d perfectly fill that nature hole currently occupied by Margaret (!).

IMO don’t build a team with heroes you don’t have. Unless you’re rich…

Secondly don’t level a hero you don’t intend to max. That’s a massive waste of resources.

2 Likes

I know that feeling. I am sometimes piloting an account where Zeline serves as the war tank by reason of lack of other better alternatives.

I know that Ratatoskr offers something unique and satisfying more than the heal. Enhancing the favorable tiles on the board has not been made prior to Valhalla season, if I am not mistaken. This rodent pairs oh so well with Gregorion. What I lacked for my anti blue titan are Tarlak and Frigg, but Miki and Buddy will have to do their tasks. Evelyn is always there for me.

I don’t. And I am not. It’s just that, sometimes, you wish those very very very good heroes land on your lap. Optimism is really good. As they say, “Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone”. Besides, negativity infects people around us, breeding further negativity. I don’t want any of that.

I tend to agree on this. But without getting some heroes to 3/70, you can’t possibly have a decent grasp on how they fare in the maps, raids, wars and other facets of the game. Sometimes, you cant just rely on what people say about a specific hero. There are certain ones that are diamonds on the rough, better synergized with heroes they already have maxed. As for resources, I dont really care about the food that much anymore since all my food structures are at maxed level, all available ones. I have my TC20 queued for around 300 days and the hams are there safely deposited, not to mentioned the hoarded food bundles lying around rarely used. And I open my raid chest at least 3 or 4x a day, giving me over 200k food per raid chest opened. As for 3* ascension mats, I also have a lot of them, ranging from at least 54 (sturdy shields) to 83 (warm capes). I don’t mind using those resources. I think its better to have some heroes at 3/60 or 3/70 than having them sit idly by at 1/01, either war, legends and tower depth, including mythic titans.

6 Likes

I do not object well, you write them, I just live in the subject of Bertila that it is worth having her in your quiver!
Now that I read your heroes, I also have one of them after the raising of Heimdal Guardian Chameleon,C Kadilen,Zocc and Elkanen to Max!I do not know who to deal with first

2 Likes

Beautiful

10 Likes

Hello, I currently use Kadilen as a frank in my usual defense and as a tank in defense of war, do you think Bertila is better in both roles?

Nope. Bertila is too slow. Kadilen is fast and, honestly, quite underrated as a defender.

2 Likes

How much is “a small amount of mana”?

What I feel, how game can shift away from only fast meta is in increasing health pools of heroes across the board. Maybe for 100% and give tank hero (center position on defense) , additional 25% def at the cost of 12% mana regen debuff.

This way, starting rolls are less impactfull/ decisive while also effectiveness of tank increases, which is currently too small, from ‘‘tankyness’’ perspective, from my point of view.

Also, this two changes promotes more approaches, whethere you wish to still go for centre tile dump or maybe rather focus wings/ of of the sides…

Take a look on the first comments, I shared some pics about it.

Hasn’t fully been answered … seems less than 1.0 MU.

She is milion times better than kadilen as tank and for that reason i would max her and put there but… you have emblems conflict with magni, she needs it to be able to fire or revive. Once she fire she does 600 dmg to everyone

4 Likes

Finished her, took her on defense path. She’s going to be a demon these next two wars.

Left flank was Kiril+20, right flank was c-Azlar (no emblems, but with Mist -SSDEF active). Lianna was +19, Li Xiu had full costume bonus, no emblems.

Another one, just because… the opposition was all +20. Look at her dumping Kunchen’s -DEF right back on those guys!

5 Likes

After 130 summons during 6 months, I finally got a HOTM. I got her from the epic hero token won at Mythic Titan.

She’ll replace my Lianna tank on fast wars.

12 Likes

I’m surprised she doesn’t get much love on here.

I’m happy that I’m finally getting a slow 5* AoE hero that isn’t Quintus or Azlar. It is amazing how crappy Quintus is :joy:

Also I’m looking forward to pairing her with Freya, and when tournaments allow, play her with Lady of the lake and Mother North.

6 Likes

Did anyone use her on defense in this recent VF war? I’m curious to know how well she did.

1 Like

@TigerDevil, my alliance teammate @Dessertrose can chime in, since she used her as right flank to Boss Wolf (tank) and I’m almost positive that her defense team wasn’t OSK’d (I can’t review in the game since it’s currently in pre-matchmaking, but I remember being very impressed).

3 Likes