Being raided by players using “older editions”, can’t revenge

Totally agree. Like I said, I’m trying to understand the magnitude of the problem. If all those post-update attacks happened after your first login on the new version, then it looks like SG has a huge problem and should be super easy for them to find. If it’s more onsey-twosey, then it’s likely that just some single path of finding opponents has a bug…

Well, if what you’re saying about the server “not knowing” I’ve updated until I log in is actually true, then we’re definitely talking about something fairly rare. I also can’t remember if the event I reported in 2018 qualified or not.

That would leave 3 occurrences of the bug in 2019 for me, so far.

Part of the reason it annoys me is it always seems to happen when I’m on the edge of an arena tier. IOW, it’s hitting me precisely when my raid awards matter most.

It’s dejavu…

The response from August 2018 still applies today I believe…

Google and Apple don’t report downloads to Small Giant by user ID–and even if they did, many people are only logged in using their Facebook ID. So until you actually run the new version, there’s nothing to tell the servers that you even have it, let alone are using it.

These days, when an update is ready, my order of operations is:

• Finish revenges while I still can
  • Update
  • Log back in
  • Clear my watchtower
  • Log out

That seems pretty consistent with the frequency I would have guessed, given what I’ve seen on the forum. Other people seem to have it happen rarely too, but it seemed possible that your account was somehow having a bigger problem. It shouldn’t be happening at all though, and 10+ days after update is a shocker, to be sure.

If it’s possible to isolate down to some example incidents like that one–where it’s 100% guaranteed to be a bug–hopefully that will help SG debug it. I realize that the 10+ day incident was a while ago, but the more recent examples are hopefully fresh enough to debug.

That would annoy me a lot too. Sounds super frustrating.

Well, while the 10-day incident happened in February, the 18-day incident occurred and was reported on Wednesday. Then I started this thread after getting dismissed, updated and got dinged again this morning. So the trend is a steep acceleration. Coincidental, probably, but still shocking.

And honestly my usual habit IS to try to clear my revenges ASAP. I just happened to be going to bed after starting the thread, and decided to update before lights out. I’d have cleared my priors (had I known of them), but I was also fresh out of raid energy.

1 Like

And of course, because I revenged the raids I could, all of the ones I couldn’t are all gone from my log now.

1 Like

I feel your frustration… Ditto :confounded:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.