Beginner Needing Base Guidance

Good day everyone!! Name’s Tai and I am pretty new. I have been playing for about 3-4 months now and I am really loving the game. I was hesitant at first being a phone app game because there are so many. :grinning: But decided to try it out. I am mixing between paying and free, but realize this can get expensive…fast. lol So I am trying to taper down a little. I have been tinkering with different heroes and different teams to get a feel about things. I am just casual right now as I am learning the basics so haven’t joined a guild or anything like that, yet.

After extensive reading of the forums here and the amazing people here who help, I started to see I might have jumped the gun too early when building my base. I have started to realize that food is life, food is leveling heroes. lol And I need iron to build. I have done okay I think. I would appreciate anyone’s opinions, advice, or guidance. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

1 Like

Hi and welcome to our happy dungeon of time consumption!

Some useful information collected here:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the reply Silver. I am still pouring thru the links when I have time. Alot of very good info in the links. I was looking at my base and wondering where I could concentrate more on at the moment. I know some of the threads are a couple years old and alot of great info, but being new I wasn’t sure if some things, as buildings, bases, and mechanics have changed.

If your food production is keeping up with your consumption, the most important thing is getting your stronghold to level 20, since it limits all your other buildings. The stronghold upgrades take a ridiculous amount of iron, so weirdly, the thing you need to improve to level it is iron storage. It will take three at level 19 and one at something slightly lower to hold the iron you need. Seriously. You don’t have to worry about your mines too much, though, because the build times are long, so you will probably refill your storage while the previous build finishes anyway. I have one level 15 mine, two level 11s, and a level 6, and my iron storage is constantly full and running over. If you are VIP, though, and the screenshot seems to indicate that you are, your experience might be different, having two builders. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

There were changes around heroes, classes introduced, war matching and Atlantis, but the basis was not changed. Buildings, training camps, leveling, battle mechanics and such are the same. I feel that those guides are still valid.

There are updated sheets for farming, but if you are new then you likely farm lower levels anyway.

@Taisan welcome to the forum and to the game! Ignore most of the negative comments you’ll read, there are still a LOT of of us (including very long-term) players who love the game.

Practice patience … Rome wasn’t built in a day and your base is going to take almost as long!

If you aren’t already in a great and supportive teaching alliance, make that your first priority! The team mates you play and enjoy the game with, is what make this game so enjoyable.

6 Likes

I’m not seeing all of your building… 2 forges and 2 Training Center (TC), and you have Barrack.
At level 15, ideally you should have 3 TC, 4 forges, one forge for Barrack.
And Trainig Center should be:
1st: TC 11 - constanlty
2nd: TC 13 - constanly
3rd: TC 1 or TC 2 (depend on sword and backpack).

And each House should be at Level 5. (enough for TC13). But you will need for TC20, so stop levelingup Houses. Except if you like the design, my friend of alliance said that level 10 or so the House is nice.
Thats what I did.

3 Likes

Jogo a um ano, muito bom, se for gastar coloque 2 construtores. ajuda muito ,
e bom divertimento

Thank you for the reply Princess! I hadn’t planned on it at the moment. I am only casual and only stop in to check on mines and such as I work 12hr days and have a couple other games I play on the PC. Used to raid a bit back in the day with WoW but now I just play casually and I know sometimes guilds can be demanding. So I didn’t want to commit too early but you have a good point. :grinning:

Thank you for the reply Jin!! I am sorry about that, I should have made the image a little bigger. You are correct, I only have 2 forges, 2 TCs, and one Barrack. Now I see where the other 4 plots for Level 15 SH goes to. The other 3 forges are to make battle supplies as you need them? I have the two TCs working as you suggested, I need to make a third for TC1 or TC2 as I get the supplies. I have left the housing at level 8 for now due to as soon as I get 70 troops I am throwing them into training. Although it does seem to take a bit to get to 195K food in order to pull out the troops and throw them into TC 13 training.

Congrats on your new buildings. Take the quick levels on them, then consider getting a forge to level 12 to make bombs. Then you can think about the big push to stronghold 20 for those new buildings; although you might want to take a forge to 17 along the way.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply Noble!! I do struggle with food production a bit with training and leveling the mines in order to get more iron for storage. They are only level 11 so I probably need to level them up some more. Since I made it to level 15 SH, I should focus on getting it to 20 first to open up the rest of the map. This does entail leveling up the storage to be able to hold it. lol

Your plan seems to be keep all similar buildings at similar levels. This should not be done with training camps. At your level, I suggest tcs 1,3,11 with the fourth tc being pushed to level 20 when the slot opens.

There are many theories. Check threads on recruit storage and speed leveling.

Good luck

1 Like

Yes, I would. The levels between 15 and 20 are a slog, but worth it. The extra base room is nice, but the real prize is the level 20 training camp, which provides a better chance for four-star heroes and a small chance for 5-stars. Get your stronghold to 20, then get a training camp to 20. Don’t bother with the research on any of the training camp levels except 20 and maybe 19. Levels 14 through 18 are totally useless, and they take a lot of time and food to research.

1 Like

My older teammates advised me to get all buildings to Level 11 then concentrate on getting Stronghold 20. Simple advice but helpful.

The Watchtower is a huge source of food and iron. Gryphonkit, my wife, always kept her Stronghold and Watchtower the same level.

Exception: Do not level Barracks until you have a rainbow 4* 3.60 team. Troops require an insanely high amount of food.

Beginner links

([Analysis, Math] Minimum buildings for Training Camp 20- Updated 2019-Jun)

([Guide] “Rage Quit and back again” or How I learned to stop worrying (about 5* s) and Love the 4* s ( told in links )[ 1- 16 months, Manual, Road map])

([Links, Links, Links ] Waiting for 5* heroes or effective use of 4* and 3* Hero teams from Legendary training- Updated 2018-Jun-03)

4 Likes

I started asking about 2 weeks after starting. Got some good advice.
Started VIP for the second builder.
only built things to get my stronghold to lvl20 asap
This gets you the 4 additional buildings.
Don’t recall now but I think I got my stronghold lvl20 in 3 months.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply Bud! If I may ask, why would you suggest tcs 1 & 3? My plan was 11, 13, and 20 so I was curious. Thanks!!

11 and 13 are slow. You don’t get a significant amount of feeder heroes for levelling the good heroes from them (11: 12 heroes per day, 13: one every 2 days), so you should switch to 1, 2, 3 from time to time. Have a TC13 (later 20) running 24/7, 1 TC11 24/7 for collecting recruits and 1 TC11 for some hours until you have the time and materials for 1/2/3 (later 19), after that switch that TC back to TC11…

I’d recommend this guide:

Best plan:

Before SH20:
2nd: TC 13 - constanly
3rd: TC 1 or TC 2 (depend on sword and backpack).

After SH20:
2st: TC 11 - constanlty
3rd: TC 19 or TC1 or TC 2 (depend on sword and backpack and rugged cloth).
4th: TC20

@Taisan, I appreciate your work commitment, but I would personally recommend finding an alliance with a casual approach. Not only does it add a new element to the game, but in fighting Titans you gain access to a much bigger chance for ascension materials (AM) plus the help and support of those who may not frequent this forum. Make sure you find one that fits you, as many (like mine) have requirements for participation that you might not be comfortable with.

There are some great suggestions here and plenty of knowledgeable players willing to help.

Welcome to the forum.