Beating Guinevere?

I usually bring my usual heavy hitters. Joon, Magni and Sartana, and then sub in Caedmon for Elkanen to deal with the healing buff. I’ll also bring a healer, usually Boldtusk instead of Delilah for Guin battles. Guin usually gets her special off once while I power up the heavy hitters and Caedmon, but usually I do OK after that. She’s tough, but definitely not invincible or anything.

1 Like

Back to topic: What “regular” card teams (no HOTM, no event heroes) would you use to beat Guin?

Have you done it? :wink:

My standard is to bring in 3 solid purples. Often for me it’s fully leveled Sartana, Merlin and Rigard.

I often have a solid chance of beating her depending on how many purple tiles I get before she fires off once or twice (If she fires twice I’m usually going to lose)

1 Like

Do you think it’s possible with two maxed purples? I don’t have Sartana… :sob:

1 Like

I guess it depends on whatever the total tile damage adds up to.

I don’t think it matters if you don’t have Sartana specifically, just as long as you have enough purple-power.

2 Likes

You could do it with 2, for sure. but it’s going to be dependent on the boards.

If you brought Tiburtus for the defense debuff and Sabina for the dispel, Then I’d probably try to bring Wu and/or Boldtusk or Kiril for the attack buffs. Mabe Lancelot would work too, but he’s an event hero…

Certainly another purple would improve your chances. Rigard… a second Tibs…

I haven’t tried this though, sorry.

1 Like

The thing that kind of blows about purple heroes is the tile damage, on the whole, in 4* in partcular (really only sabina who breaks easy) is poor. And the 5* heroes are very meh in terms of desire besides Sartana, who has poor tile damage (but that nasty special). Quintus, Obakan and Domitia have solid attack stats (Obakans is darn good) but no one, other than maybe Domitia, seems to get the investment.

This means that where you can usually get away with a double up on the tank, I’ve found that I have had to triple to have a good chance with a good board to get Guin. And if the Guin owner is smart, there’s two purple 5* on her flanks.

1 Like

I’m purple poor: no HOTM, no purple event heroes, which is why I posed the question in the first place. I’m seeing more and more Guin in war, and I wanna wipe that smug smile from her face! :grin:

1 Like

Use in war unicolour teams: one healer, other dd or debafers. For raids i whould choose 3/2 team: two Obakan, Sabina , healer+dd with opposite colour to second raw.

1 Like

Obakan is out. Per topic, no HOTM, no event heroes.

I’ll look into Sabina though, thanks!!

Why is he out? Hes a regular hero

No logic! Stop being reasonable! :grin:

surreptitiously sneaks obakan back in

1 Like

Like @mrock42 said above, its not all about her but its more about her whole team/supporting casts. When I was in plat, I wont shy away if I saw her surrounded by 4s or the not so spectacular 5s. Maybe you can start practice from there to overcome your fear of guin. Just analysed her team carefully and maybe just go at it for the fun of it. Just do your regular stacking and bring bt,grimm,magni,debuffer,x I think can cut it.

1 Like

I have a BT, Grimm, Magni, Rigard, _ team as my first war team. The rest of them are less robust. :grin:

1 Like

Out of curiosity, does protection against a certain color grant protection from more than just damage? Meaning a mana drain attack in the case of Guin? The reason why I ask is that if so, Domitia might make a perfect answer to Guin if she could get her buff going before Guin attacks.

Special attack have no colour. Titan’s attack have no colour. But minion’s attack have colour.

1 Like

Special attacks have no color, unless stated on the card.
Like for Zeline, Athena and Gravemaker for example.

It’s not a colour. It’s part of special attack: dealing extra damage to some colour. I can’t see any problems in purple hero dealing extra damage to purple

Imagine this hero @Rook, swapping Matrix with Guinevere from the enemy team while I already have one in my team. What is worse than having you to fight my Guinevere? … Answer: Is to have you fight my 2 x Guinevere. :slight_smile:

This game is driving me … insane!

Holy Trinity (Wu, Joon, Jackal)+ 2x Jackals. Quick fight, but spectacular.