Battles shouldn't have a time limit

I see you’ve met @Olmor’s team :smile:

1 Like

Wait for his dream team, MN - MN - MN - MN - MN

Speaking of, why does he need so many team slots anyway?

2 Likes

Interesting point, but isn’t the damage multiplier turn based, and the time out is time-based?

If so, you would need a team capable of surviving that many turns anyway. I’ve definitely hit the time out count down without hitting the multiplier before, but that might have been in AW. Guess I can waste a raid flag figuring it out.

1 Like

If you feel like the battle is taking forever, and you want it over in 10 minutes, just flee the battle. Why have a forced timeout if the team wants to keep fighting?

You are right but as you probably know very few will last longer than that but if they do I think you should be able to continue

My strategy, sustain and ressurect.

Just have to level Ariel and want to test, how high it will keep me.

Screenshot_20190712_215418

2 Likes

Healer duels. They can go on forever.

They finally had to put a 30 minute limit on Class quests because of some Boss healers versus all healer teams.

Also issues with server connectivity, and pings, but that is boring.

Link

1 Like

I can see what you’re saying but I do not think I should lose a battle because I ran out of time when I would have won

Maybe they should put some sort of pause or something

And when you’re in pause mode accounts as if you are not locked into the game so you cannot do that just to protect yourself from being raided

I believe the game kicks you out after a little while for being idle

True but I don’t think you should lose a battle because you run out of time. At worst they should called and no contest or the draw or something

1 Like

I kind of see what you’re saying but the Frontline still stands and fights and the people in the back rest and they rotate but I do not think you should lose a war because you run out of time if anything you should be a draw or no contest or something like that

1 Like

And then after I said. Time you should have the option of calling it a draw or something or a no contest but you shouldn’t just lose and I have been in those and yes you can win after not too long

That wouldn’t be true because you can’t pick the heroes you want to get you get what you get and if you had them you’d probably using them on your defense team. But if you don’t have them you’re obviously not using them and you can’t pick what hero to get

I have done almost 4,000 raids and I’m never had a battle that would not or did not come to an end but I hate losing because I ran out of time I think if anything you should at least have a chance for a drawer or no contest something like that but there have been times where if I had another 30 seconds or minute I would have won but I lost because of the time limit. The game could have said you’re out of time nobody wins this contest but just to see you lose is not really right

Good point or the game could give you an option after 10 15 minutes or whatever time of saying you can call this a no-contest and nobody wins and nobody loses and you can rematch them if you would like but just as so you lose because of a time limit doesn’t seem right when you could have one if you would have gone longer

It seems my earlier analogy is a bit incorrect… I should have compare raid with real-world raiding and AW with real war.

In real-world raiding, it was done in quick fashion, therefore they need to be fast not in prolonged battle, thus justifying time limit. (I read the wikipedia :sweat_smile:)

In real war, just as you have said:

Your explanation actually explain AW a lot. After an attack, if you fail to destroy a base entirely after certain amount of times, your team have to retreat as they need to rest (while they survive, not losing the fight or in this case you call it a draw, this team fail its mission to destroy the base thus is defeated in its mission), but you can attack again with different team (rotate).

Actually I’m fine with a time limit but I do not think you should lose if it runs at a time. I could not tell you how many times I would have won a battle if there was just a little more time. Where I would have a 3 2 1 situation that I would definitely win and then run out of time but if it does get timed out I think it should be a no contest or something, like it never happened

Are you talking about war?
What would you get with that, you used a team, a flag, so why would you decline the points you get, or do you also want your team and flag back?
That wouldn’t really work because there are just some annoying teams who really hope for time out, especially in smaller alliances with some weaker attack teams its not so absurd to try this with your defense, so why should someone get more tries against such teams.
Or is it just the wording you don’t like? So maybe they should call it time-out and not loss?