🌑 Bastet – Season 5 Hero – 5* Dark / Purple: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

999 summons? For real?

I got 3 within 40 pulls

7 Likes

I did around 300 got tons of Khepris and not him or El nada

Did around 40 pulls still no dunes 5*. Only 5* was obakan. Typical.

I hate dodge more than anything. I disagree Xnolphod is a better tank… I think Bastet will be just as deadly.

You can’t kill what you can’t hit and if Bastet goes off first, you may very well hit nothing. So you say, “we’ll just kill her with tiles then”… what if you have no more tiles? Or you do get one more set of tiles, maybe kill her (or maybe not) and then throw your specials, but miss all of them?

I think I’d rather fight Xnolphod than Bastet (or C Kadilen). I despise dodge as there isn’t a real counter other than praying you get a cleanse or killing the hero before they even put up dodge. When I fight Xnolphod, I may get hit by the enemy team firing first, but I’m not likely to be completely dead (the first time they fire, anyway) and then my own specials can change the loss to a win. If I fight Bastet, and you get your heroes charged but miss all your specials with no tiles left on the board, that’s far more devastating than the other team firing their specials first IMO.

I’m going to put Bastet in a W formation with Vainamonen and Bastet as tanks. Then Aino or Elizabeth wings to apply -24% mana generation, Kullervo wing for double mindless attack, and maybe Ruby or Krampus center rear. Should be a real PITA.

5 Likes

Geez… good for you! Lucky lol
I summoned 20 times and not a single 5*… stinks for… I am done now…

2 Likes

That’s an interesting perspective. I must say I would prefer facing her over Xnolphod as tank but maybe only cause of my own roster. Although you’re right that dodgers have no counters, I use a status ailment blocker so that dodge doesn’t activate (same as what I use with taunters and counterattackers). Xnolphod scares me as nothing can stop him giving mana to his allies :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The biggest problem with Xnol is he gives mana for himself as well. So once he fires, we are in a hurry to do offense or protect ourself else get killed before we can take evasive actions.
But Xnol shines only with the right allies. The common allies i see are Lewana/ Khufu, Sobek/ Milena/ C Alasie, El Nad/ Frigg. If this team gets triggered by Xnol, there is no coming back.
But with Bastet, even if he fires earlier. You have a chance to get back in to the fight before the rest fires, with a decent strategy and a decent board.
I used to dread C Kad earlier. But I used Inari as a strategy to counter the enemy attack and now I use Kara. So i kill Kad with tiles and keep myself intact with the protection and possibly charge my healer to recover any damage that happens during the process. And after 3 turns i have enough ammunition to get back at the enemy.

1 Like

Did 38 pulls and got 3x5* in the last 10x pull, 1x S1, 1x S5 Sobek and 1x HOTM, result seems not bad but i want the green 5* or the 5* kitty most as i hv Morel and Alasie waiting and only hv 8 telescopes.

4 Likes

The biggest thing I can say in opposition to your post is that xnolphod is a guaranteed 20% mana to the team. His mana gain can’t be dispelled, it can’t be blocked. So when I look at both heroes, I have one that guarantees my heroes fire insanely fast, or one that might have the enemy waste some of their specials. I would love both lol, but from what I’ve seen on my defense Xnolpgod is a better tank. I may re emblem bestat. I went all defense. I’m gonna keep her at tank like this for a while then I may go more attack and see if that effects her performance at tank. But so far, not super amazing in my experience. On offense, different story, she’s absurdly good!

3 Likes

Bastet hidden stat:

Increased damage against enemies who looks like rats, mice or birds :laughing:

2 Likes

I feel Bastet is best at flank, especially with cPanther at the other. Sooner rather than later purple tanks will go away.

This keeps me around 2800 cups and I haven’t even finished both Bastet and Sobek

4 Likes

4 Likes

Did around 50 pulls and got 2 Papyros :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Hell yeah!!
After approximately 100 pulls, I finally got this kitty cat! I don’t have C Kadilen, so I’m really happy to have her :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::ok_hand:

10 Likes

I have tested with Bastet in flank in inverse V, it seems good for the moment.
Emblems mainly in attack, only the 11th node in defense.
Waiting for the next purple aethers quest for LB her

6 Likes

I love the close up art of the kitty and today suddenly it was the moving one. I could have sworn yesterday it was static. Must be from the new update.

2 Likes

Yes, it was with the update. I didn’t update the game yet so I did just to check out. :rofl: Love the kitty moving her ears now.

This also happened to Sif. She was originally static but then she got animated artwork, just before appearing in story. S5 heavily implies Bastet’s appearance in it, so I guess that’s the reason.

1 Like

All these wonderful heroes that everyone spends $1000’s chasing all end up the same way

NERFED

good luck to those who got him for free
For those that paid WHY did you not remember Telluria

That was back in the day…these days buffs are more common than nerfs when it comes to paywalled heroes :joy: Remember Telluria was a HOTM lol.

2 Likes