Base reveal and hero leveling advice by Xero786 ( Zero )

No.

at lower levels, one hero costs low amounts. say 1000. at higher amounts it’s like 12,500 or more. The more heroes it takes at 12,500, the more food it costs.

So if for one trainer hero you can get 1800 xp for 12,500 food, that’s way better than 12,500 food for 150 xp from a 1 star.

If you have 10 1 star off color heroes and it costs 12,500 food per hero, you’re spending 125,000 food to get 1500 xp. But if you spend that same 125,000 food on 10 on color 2*, you’re getting 4,680 xp. In order to get that same xp with off color 1s, you’d need 3x that in heroes and thus food. So paying 375k+ in food instead of 125k in food.

EDIT - it doesn’t offset because the cost per hero grows and grows dramatically. If the cost per hero feeding was the same, sure it wouldn’t matter.

EDIT 2 - as a simple thought experiment lets say 1 star heroes give 100 xp and 2 star heroes give 300 xp and thus it takes 10 of each to fully level your hero (only takes 4000xp to fully level your hero). anything before 2000xp costs 1000 food per hero and anything after costs 2000 food.

If you do all the 1 star heroes first you’re paying 10x1000 food = 10,000 food. the first 4 2 star hereos cost 1000 each (4000) and the next 6 cost 2000 each (12000). that’s 10k+4k+12K = 26k food. BUT if you do the 2s first, the first 7 cost 1000 food and then the final 3+ all 10 1 stars all cost 2k food. So food costs are now 7000+26000=33000 food. So 33k food is more than the 26k food if you use the 1 stars first.

now that was a simple example but it shows that when costs increase, order of feeding does matter for food efficiency.

6 Likes

Okay that example makes a lot of sense.

1 Like

All hail the mighty Zero :slight_smile:

It’s cool of you to make the video buddy but I hate the fact you finally have level 30 troops can’t take you down anymore since you did that lol

1 Like

Hahaha. Took me long enough!!!

1 Like

With time I’ll be able to again just gotta grind some more for now I don’t have the same level of investment that you do.

1 Like

THanks zero for the tips. I have a quest if You want answer. What the level You play to get só many troops and recruts? I am sorry because my english.:blush:

1 Like

Ciao zero io ho livellato aeros 45 ultimo livello e devo dire che non è un buon hotm
Anche perché è in conflitto con Ginevra perché se usano entrambe lo special insieme solo uno carica energia…l unica cosa buona è che va d’accordo con lepus perché se parte lo special di aeros e poi quello di lepus annulla il meno 20 % di difesa di lepus. Ho livellato delila e ho lasciato perdere Ginevra.
Cosa ne pensi della mia squadra
Artù zeline Dalila aeros lepus/marjana

1 Like

@Xero786 - are you saying those 3 levels are best bets for finding Orichalcum Nuggets?

6-3, 7-4, 12-9 that is…

I farm 12-9 and 8-7 a lot, but have finally run out of O nuggets and having a heck of a time getting them in loot drops. I’m always short on Dragon bones and hard wood lumber too for that matter.

never focused on those lower 2 levels as areas to farm though in the past.

1 Like

Not saying they are the best, just what have been working for me currently. The levels most effective for farming keep on changing with each update which makes it annoying. Off late 6-3 has been working best for me for d bones and nuggets. It has also been giving me decent wood and roots drops and gives good backpacks and recruits. Definitely not the best in each category, but overall been good for me.

3 Likes

Thanks for the video :slight_smile:. Cool to see what works for you! It’s intersting that per SH level, f2p/p2w, heroes available… the playing style and strategy can be very different. That’s actually what I love about this game; everyone has their own set of goals, and uses different efficient ways to get there. Cheers!

PS: Your voice is not annoying at all! So no worries there :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Dante2377, so you’re saying that for all 5* s below ~4^74 (and also all 4* s and 3* s), the benefit of “on-color only” feeding is negligable? But for those last ~6 levels the difference is so significant that it really pays off to feed only on-color heroes? Do I have that right?

Presumably you’ve cataloged the feeding costs as you’ve leveled heroes in order to make that statement - have you (or anyone else) ever made that info public? I think it would be really interesting to compare the trendlines of XP/ham for different feeding strategies…

EDIT: I think I found your post from December on this. Tried to DL the spreadsheet you reference, but had to submit a request, which hopefully you’ll approve! 8)

1 Like

Your analysis doesn’t consider the fact that there’s a 20% exp bonus for same-color feeding. The effect is largest at upper levels, but exists everywhere. Moreover, it costs money to train those feeder heroes, and 20% of that is also wasted.

I am still a bigger believer in same-color training. Perhaps when my deck is as developed as @Xero786’s I will change my mind, but I currently maintain at least one hero of each color under training at all times. When I reach the top levels of training a hero, I stop giving it my 1* and use these instead to start the next hero of that color.

My approach is slower to get any one hero built than Zero’s, but faster to build a rainbow set.

7 Likes

Yup, i mentioned in the video that for multiple hero leveling or rainbow leveling same color feeding is better

4 Likes

i do take into account the extra xp for on color training.

also, please note what i was and was not comparing:

What i was comparing was the effects of when training one hero, which is more efficient - doing regular common and uncommon training camps vs the color specific training (tc levels 5-9). There was a lot of chatter on the forums at that time that this was better. What my analysis showed was that one sword and one backpack give more xp and take shorter time than doing a level 5-9 training. additionally, when taking into account total food costs (both the training camp cost as well as feeding cost of 2 heroes vs 1), the common + uncommon training is more food efficient up until the food cost to feed one feeder hero exceeds 12,000 ham. which is somewhere around tier 4 level 73-74 for a five star hero. so basically almost all the time.

What i was NOT comparing was the overall strategy of leveling 1 hero at a time vs 5. It’s pretty clear that always getting the bonus xp instead of 1/5 the time will get you more xp. What you’re trading for xp is time - you get a usable hero much quicker.

Jalia - read above about what i was vs was not comparing. as for my sheet, i’m going to move that to somewhere i don’t have to approve every single request. that was annoying and i just ignore them now.

2 Likes

This is the main reason that I only feed same element feeders to Heroes I am training up. Yes, it is tedious and yes, it takes a while, but I train up one hero of each element all the time. It is a rush when you get to Ascend 5 heroes right around the same time to final ascension though. It’s a real feeling of accomplishment.

2 Likes

I tried to search you on you tube… is there a better way to find you so I can follow your videos?

Click on the video’s name

And then on Zero’s name

And if you like the content… make the author know, subscribing, leaving likes and comments on videos!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the advice on levelling. It worked like a charm for two of my tough to level (in terms of special skills) 3* heroes. Game is much more compelling when there is sense in it, not just mere luck.

I really appreciate you taking the time to make that video, it is clear to me that you are a nice person and not a egomaniac. I have been playing for about seven months and feel like I am the Israelites wandering around in the desert. Thanks for pointing me towards the promised land. Thanks again for sharing your plan :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Xero786 im looking all over for a rough calculation ive seen Before. I cannot find it anywhere.

It basically was a rough calculation of how many 1* and 2* heros it takes to fully level a 5* hero.

The reason i ask is because i plan on getting 2 kages and i already have inari. I was considering pulling my 1000 tc 11’s i have in storage in order to fully level inari and was wondering if i had enough to level her. I have no clue how many of each i will get and a rough estimate of how many 1’s and 2’s it will take is all i need. I then need an estimate of how many for my 2 kage’s coming and whether or not i should transfer all 4 tc’s to running tc 11’s so that i can calculate how much time i need for upcoming heros. Can you link a spreadsheet (if you are the one who built it) or give me an idea of what you see as the average number of randomly generated 1* n 2* heros required from tc11 to get a hero close to max???