Barry Farmz Here -- Comprehensive data driven farming guide for Season 3, Season 2, Season 1, Elemental Chests, Atlantis Rises, Missions, and more

I see where you are going with that. I was kind of thinking the same thing.

Should have taken my computer home. When I get around to it, I will share what I find!

If you have Line, PM me @ Line ID barrywuzhere and Iā€™ll share my work-in-progress

Iā€™ve been taking screenshots as I go through the new S2 Provinces. What should I be doing with that data?

1 Like

Can you share the spreadsheet for adding data and Iā€™ll add my runsā€¦or is it the same as the link at the top?

No, it isnā€™t the same link as the summary sheet, and Iā€™ve chosen not to share it since having the link wonā€™t do you any good until I get your email address to invite you to edit itā€¦and then Iā€™ll be inviting you to the file directly :slight_smile: PM me and Iā€™ll add you though!

1 Like

First of all, I really appreciate all the hard work that players do to help the community and this is definitely one of those. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful guide for new players like us.

I just wanted to point out one doubt: In your S2 Missions page, for the combination of ā€œStego, Macawā€, I believe the desired level should be 3-9 N/H instead of 3-7 N/H. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you. I just found that row of my spreadsheet for Stegos and Macaws was completely messed up. When I fixed it, I noticed that 2:9-3 Normal should give better recruits than 2:3-9 Normal, so I marked that as my new favorite. 2:9-9 Normal should be similar.

FYI, the normal levels are always more efficient than hard levels for S2 missionsā€“they give just as many monsters/bosses/special stages, always for less WE. If there was a hard level I farmed for other reasons, Iā€™d probably use it instead of the ā€œbetterā€ one. (2:1-7, 8, and 9 Hard are favorite backpack farming levels that complete missions)

4 Likes

Just catching up on this post after a while, and saw your request here. Since Barryā€™s already working on something along these lines, Iā€™m not going to spend too much time trying to figure it out myself, but I wanted to point out to you that, if you decide to come up with your own way of calculating this while you wait for Barry, you should account for the fact that heroes (and troops for that matter) drop more frequently (on a per-world-energy basis) in the S1 levels that cost 3 WE to play.

Point being: If you find that a particular S2 level (for example) gives the most training camp fodder per WE (via whatever combination of recruits + 1* mats), it may still be less productive than farming 1-8-7 because youā€™ll get less feeder heroes (per WE) as loot. Obviously a single Sharan is just as good as a practice sword and five recruits. (Well, ten minutes and 2000 ham better, actually!)

1 Like

Understood. Thanks for replying. :slight_smile:

@gregschen

I have played with the data myself a bit since my post.
So far, I have found that there a couple season two levels that give the best training xp per we.

BUT

All of those have net negative recruits. So for every x we on that level you must play level y z times to get to have enough recruits.

Still doing some manipulation, but I have found that season 1:7-4 is the best training xp per we. It has a net recruit of 0 and provides about 50xp per we. I couldnā€™t find a better combination.

For me, I am continuing down the road of 1:8-7 until I get enough recruits, then will switch to 1:7-4.

2 Likes

Sounds about right!

I would like to give a big THANK YOU to @PekaJ who just contacted me and contributed another 1500+ farming runs to my project, along with current contributions putting me at over 15,000 runs recorded!

7 Likes

@BarryWuzHere. Thanks for the farming guide and taking it on,
Very much appreciated

Question about nuggets, the game says s2 14, 16, 18.
Your guide says s1. 5.7.

The s2 data is very limited.

Could request/suggest confirmation of the game guidance on special materials as a secondary objective.

Again thanks for the guide. Currently I just take the nuggets when I get them but it would be nice to know.

For most levels, you get roughly one of each 4* ingredient for every 100 world energy you spend. In the provinces where a particular 4* ingredient drops more frequently, the current belief amongst those of us involved in this project with Barry is that the combined aggregate number of 4* drops per WE stays about the same, with the ā€œmore frequentā€ item cannibalizing the other two.

Additionally, that effect is more pronounced in the S2 Hard levels, as compared to the S2 Normal levels.

Hope this helps?

4 Likes

Thanks @gregschen.

And thanks for working on the guide, I know itā€™s a team effort.

No problem! I just looked at my own personal data (which consists of over 3300 runs at this point), and it also indicates that aggregate 4* drops are higher per WE in the S2 provinces than in the S1 provinces. The S2 sample size probably isnā€™t big enough yet to make that a statistically significant result, but I thought it worth noting.

1 Like

Iā€™ve bookmarked the spreadsheet because itā€™s an awesome resource and deserves to be maintained. Thank you so much for taking the reins.

One question though: In the calculation for recruits per WE, do you multiply the heroes per WE by 5 and add that to the raw recruits per WE measurement?

For instance, 1.8.7 has 2.99 recruits, but it also has 0.146 heroes per WE. Each hero is inherently worth 5 recruits under most training scenarios. Multiplying 0.146 by 5, we get 0.730 additional recruits. Therefore, 1.8.7 is worth 3.729 recruits per WE.

Perhaps add a row for each training scenario? Recruits (Training 2), Recruits (Training 4), and Recruits (Training 5). I could make the addition myself if needed. I would leave the original Recruits row as well because not all training uses low numbers of recruits.

Anyhow @BarryWuzHere , itā€™s an idea.

1 Like

I think most of us are using TC11 and TC19 quite a bit, so I think itā€™s apprpriate to keep hero drops separate from recruit drops.

2 Likes

@Malavice, My planned (but delayed) version would convert all recruits, tc items, and heroes into feeder XP, and report that separately. I also want to do variations for different ways people use their training camps.

3 Likes

Using tc19, Iā€™d think youā€™d be interested in the rate of heroes as well because each hero is worth 2 recruits. It probably doesnā€™t change anything for tc19, but it differently makes a difference for tc1-3.