Barry Farmz Here -- Comprehensive data driven farming guide for Season 3, Season 2, Season 1, Elemental Chests, Atlantis Rises, Missions, and more

True, but don’t forget to include hero/troop drops in the equation. My data (which suffers from small sample issues in the S2H levels, but not enough to offset what I’m seeing entirely) is that hero/troop drops rates are roughly double in S1 provinces 6 - 8 compared to the S2H provinces in aggregate.

I’ve been hearing this too. It seems clear that, if this holds in live production, it’ll be obviously better to farm those S2 levels for the period of time when it’s active. I’m skeptical it’ll end up being as good as it currently is in beta though. We’ll see…!

2 Likes

Oh, but also, it’s pretty rare that anyone would ever feel the need to use loot tickets in S1 provinces 6 - 8…

Newbies

I think this is a compromise for the Devs.

Instead of giving all accounts with Season 2 unlocked a huge Hero XP advantage over other players, Season 2 is roughly the same.

Loot tickets

Season 2 gives players an advantage for loot tickets.

Similar to my preferred auto play farming being 1.7-7 for most recruits, 1* / 2* heroes and 1* / 2* troops per auto play hour.

Atlantis rising

But if 3.5 days out of each month, Season 2 is substantially better, people will try to unlock Season 2, upgrade their hero teams, buy VIP, buy loot tickets and by world energy. Generating IAP for the game studio.

Very similar to Challenge events lasting 3.5 days.

2 Likes

Gotcha, makes sense! Well now I can let myself give in to the excitement, haha!

1 Like

I might be wrong, but I think that xp per energy is actually quite low in s2 in order to keep levels in check.

There is no meaningful high-level-mechanic in the game currently so there is no point in letting players’ levels skyrocket.

I agree.

I find it interesting that 2.23-9 and 2.23-11 are still best stages for player XP.

It appears the Devs want lower provinces in Seasons 1-3 ( 3 unreleased) to be available to many accounts.

With the highest provinces needing good 4*+15 or 5* 4.80 heroes.

2 Likes

I’ve done it before, even though I can can autofarm it (and probably autofarm the rest of S1 and a lot of S2 as well), not because the levels are difficult or to save on battle items though.

I’ve done it because I wanted to finish a monster chest and I was at risk of falling asleep halfway through!

6 Likes

You know … it actually is good game design that if you want to farm just to get recruits and 1* ascension mats to run your training camps, 1:5-8, 1:6-8, 1:7-7, and 1:8-7 cover almost as good as it gets*. There are lots of other good, valid reasons why you need or want to farm past that stage, mostly in S2. That players who have unlocked S2 and can farm there don’t grow their rosters twice as fast because they farm there makes for much more balanced gameplay.

*Farming backpacks in 2:1-7/8 Hard does considerably beat 1:5-8, but that alone isn’t game changing.

4 Likes

Haha, true! I’ve done it when in a hurry to get somewhere at the same time a monster chest timer ended. But generally speaking, it’s pretty rare that I can’t spare ten minutes to auto farm 1-8-7 eight times.

2 Likes

Players should be notified the data about best season 2 farming location for recruits being 15-8 Hard is not necessarily accurate. Depending on the amount of world energy a player has in their possession influences the amount of recruits they can obtain, it is possible to obtain more recruits from other unlisted stages because you possess more attempts and can make up the difference through a higher frequency of attempt.

I’m not quite sure I understand this statement.

To explain what I do and don’t provide in my sheet … I list the recruits per WE for each level and identify where that is best.

I don’t try to identify what combination of levels are best to farm with any specific amount of WE.

2:15-8 Hard at 12 WE per run would be an inefficient way to use 35WE, much better using 36WE, if that is the kind of thing you are referring to.

In my favorite farming levels, I’ve identified top recruit farming at 3WE, 7WE, and 12WE as well as acceptable recruits at 4WE.

2 Likes

I’ve updated my sheet to include the last two avatar missions, Gadeiruses and Atlantean Drones.

The list of levels should be accurate, but the Atlantean Drone counts aren’t going to be very accurate, so the WE to complete numbers are similarly sketchy. Edit: Changed which levels I call out)

Looking at the number of waves as a proxy for drone counts and preliminary recruit numbers, here are the levels I’d recommend, despite what my spreadsheet’s data says today!

• 2:25-1N - 5 waves; .94 Recruits/WE is the worst of Gad/Drone stages; My SS currently identifies it as fastest to complete the mission.
  • 2:27-3N - 5 waves, 1.67 Recruits/WE is way better; I expect with better data, WE to complete will be similar to 25-1
  • 2:26-8N - 4 waves, 2.26 Recruits/WE appears to be the best of any stage that completes the Gad/Drone mission, but I’d expect it to take longer than either of the two above.
  • All others - 4 waves, recruits vary between the extremes listed. I wouldn’t bother with any of them unless my preliminary data is badly wrong.
3 Likes

Bazza my man! I love your work, have now gained my ice kitsune and kirin avatars. Was about to embark on the kappa and gashadokouros missions but it seems to have a typo! 14-3 is listed as one of your favs, but it doesn’t have a gasha??

1 Like

Let me check and I’ll fix it. Thanks for telling me.

FYI, the estimate of kappas per stage are probably pretty good, but the next mission’s Atlantean Drone counts are based on pretty sketchy data. Which levels have them SHOULD be correct, but I don’t believe the WE to complete numbers are all that accurate.

2 Likes

1:23-11 has the Highest XP/Energy of all, found by an older Project: E&P – Loots and Stats - Google Sheets
And yes, Barry’s table has the same conclusion.

@Ralgert

We are not talking about the same experience.

You are talking profile xp.
I am talking about hero training xp.

1 Like

Oh, thank you. And now, i have more posts understood in the right way.

1 Like

Hello @BarryWuzHere ,

Looks like a fantastic job. I’m really happy to have found this.

How is it possible to help uploading runs? I’ll be glad to contribute with this farming guide.

1 Like

YES, I’d love your contributions!

Easiest if you can do the data entry directly, which more-or-less requires a computer or tablet; Google Sheets is pretty much unusable on a phone for this at least. My Line ID is barrywuzhere if you use the Line chat app, that’s the easiest way to contact me privately and I’ll set you up for it. (If not, there is a collective effort to contribute loot screenshots and enter the data as well, although the it is running behind on data entry last I checked)

1 Like

Barry, I can’t help but wonder if you have adjusted or made allowances for people at different levels of the game providing data that does equal a set, but it is kind of unqualified? I only noticed recently after I first started farming, installed a couple of application updates and while I was levelling up frequently, I noticed a dramatic change in both the type of materials being collected and at what province they first appear. Most levels are essentially the same as their basic description in guides but for some things the math does not seem to work out; we literally just can’t run through the same stage 10 times a day, create a predictive data set and then level up the following day and find out the data is not quite 100% anymore.
Meteor frags and those rare nuggets turning up at province 5 clued me up when prior I hadn’t seen them until much later. There also now appears there is a limit for some materials that equals about 2 - 3 passes at any level before that rare item just stops appearing until the next day when you can do it over ~2 - 3 times again. I’ve noticed a couple of other odd correlations but wont list them in public for fear it might come to an end too. I figure the code knows I will likely need these 3 and 4 star items, but for the life of me, I don’t know why now.

Please don’t think that I’m looking to be negative, those spreadsheets are way better than guessing. I’ve gotten up to 23 stars worth of loot, 10 recruits, 10 monsters and two 1 or 2 star heroes for dinner for 5 WE. I call that good value.