Barry Farmz Here -- Comprehensive data driven farming guide for Season 3, Season 2, Season 1, Elemental Chests, Atlantis Rises, Missions, and more

Just did 90 WE on 6-1. Didn’t get 1 dragonbone. :frowning:

1 Like

Are you on Android or iOS ? Also, have you tried throwing your phone at the wall ? That usually does the trick…

14 Likes

31 Likes

@Wormwood’s Guide to Farming:

• Dragon Bones: throw phone at wall

• Rugged Clothes: run phone through laundry

• Meteor Fragment: cook phone at 500 F in oven

• Grimoire Dust: place phone in blender

• Midnight Roots: bury phone in swamp

34 Likes

Great work Barry! Wasn’t expecting you to publish soon so I’m still collecting mine to add to yours. Thanks for your work, appreciate it Barry :smiley:

1 Like

Pro-Tips ! :laughing:

2 Likes

That’s what I do! For all 20

1 Like

Hello Barry, thanks again for your work but it seems that your sheet was completely disorganized (colors and others) ; perhaps I’m wrong :slight_smile:

Can you be more specific? Seems well-organized to me…

The colors are used to group ascension items and crafting items by star level. It may not be obvious but it is intentional.

3 Likes

It is only that your colors have changed compared to the previous version. I was misled by the best level of rugged clothes that changed from 2-4-8 to 2-4-1. Sorry

1 Like

Agreed on the sample size would be different for different kinds of farmable stuff.

Does 3* ascension materials include hidden blades?

Yes.

But to clarify, they don’t drop on the map. So that’s only farmable AM here.

2 Likes

Yes and no. 3* ascension items include “farmable” and non-farmable" categories which (to my mind) shouldn’t be confused with each other.

Hidden blades are one you will never find doing a map level, i.e. non-farmable.

3 Likes

Groan… I got my hopes up…

1 Like

I’ve got a lot of data that wasn’t counted in HDM’s guide, so some results are different.

I’m also starting to look into how many samples it really takes to measure drop rates, and whether I can take advantage of patterns in how items drop when farming to average things out further.

For example, recruits for a specific level are N-1 / N / N+1 and it appears that they are all equally likely, so it will average out to the middle number with enough data runs. I might take a shortcut using this information.

1 Like

@BarryWuzHere

Love the guide! If I had my computer handy I would do this myself, but thought I may ask kindly for someone else to do a calculation (or 2) for me.

Which level yields the best training experience per world energy flag?

More detail:
Assumption: feeding same colored heroes.
1 rugged clothes = 90 xp per recruit
1 practice sword = 36 xp per recruit
1 adventure pack = 64.8 do per recruit (stole from @Gryphonknight
Season 2 level 4-1 hard (best for rugged clothes per your data) yields 0.088 adventure packs, 0.113 practice swords, and 0.381 rugged clothes per energy.

(0.381x90)+(0.113x36)+(0.088x64.8)= 44.0604 xp per world energy flag

Using the excel sheet, it should be easy enough to put in an extra row and a formula.

Another idea I thought about was NET recruits per world energy flag. Take the number of recruits gained by level and then subtract the number of recruits required to use those ascension materials.

I currently have all of my backpacks and swords used. Started with 2400 rugged clothes and currently down to 1400. I don’t have enough recruits saved, but I use what I can as I complete 8-7 and gain food. Slowly working those down. Net recruits could help decide which level or levels to farm to get max xp per world energy.

If anyone did either calculation, I would be forever in their debt!

Edited for clarity. No guarantees there though.

1 Like

If the calculation above determines that a level with a low number of trials is the “best”, I would be willing to farm it and upload data.

I should start recording now that I think of it. I shouldn’t ask for something and give nothing in return!

I’ve got something like that in the works, but it is rather complicated, and I haven’t had time to get it to a point I consider appropriate for public release yet.

My version is to pick how you are going to run your TCs for 24 hours from what you can farm at a level with 144WE (daily quota if you use it all) Example: first run all your backpacks farmed at TC2, then all rugged clothes at TC19, then all swords at TC3, then run TC11 in the leftover time. And add up how many heroes cone out each way, and add up the feeder hero XP generated in a day.

There are obviously a lot of possible scenarios there.

1 Like