Barry Farmz Here -- Comprehensive data driven farming guide for Season 3, Season 2, Season 1, Elemental Chests, Atlantis Rises, Missions, and more

Looks like S2:1.2N has been nerfed for backpacks. Just did 15 runs and dropped as follows:
1-0-2-0-1-1-1-2-0-0-1-1-1-2-0 → average 0.2888 packs/flag. sad.

@Bregolien, that’s really odd, and doesn’t match what I’ve been seeing at all, 'tho I’ve only been (informally) counting backpacks when I put away a full set of flags worth, which is usually 30-50 backpacks for me. I’ve been alternating between 2:1-2N and 2:1-3N and they look about the same to me.
@koziar993, I’m not going to freeze run counts as the synthetic farming calculations give good results even for levels that only have 3-4 runs recorded; let me think about freezing the best level columns.

2 Likes

S2:1.2N back to expected now: 2-2-2-2-1-2-2-3-5-4-3-2-2-3-2-3 = 0.833 packs/flag. Guess I just had a really bad streak!

3 Likes

Yeah, streaks like that are not only possible … statistically they are expected; somebody WILL have them if there are enough players. (Yes, a million players is more than “enough”). And there will be somebody who gets double the backpacks, just like there will be somebody who gets half the backpacks.

What can I say. Sometimes RNGesus hates you, sometimes RNGesus loves you.

3 Likes

I did a couple updates to the spreadsheet today:

1. I moved all the Atlantis Rises stuff a little farther back/down/out of the way since you can’t farm it for another ~25 days; I plan to make it prominent again when it comes back.
  2. I did some background refinements on monster counts, which changed the total WE counts to complete the S2 monster missions around a bit, some levels getting a little better, others getting a little worse.

Hopefully I didn’t break anything important :rofl:

2 Likes

Ah, I forgot to ask in the chat. In AR data input for the next month could you do a separate tab for atlantis-coin-only-data?
Item drop rates seem to align well with your model and they take the majority of time when writing the full data down.
(maybe it’s stopping some lazy people from providing the parts of data you want the most)

1 Like

If you have coin only data, just put runs with seadragons (if you have them) and coins (if you don’t have them, leaving the rest out. When I get around to mining the coin / seadragon data it will work fine.

2 Likes

I cant seem to load the document its giving me an error.

Barry, I’m looking at your elemental chests tab and I feel like I’m either reading it incorrectly or the information is inaccurate. My guess is the former but I can’t tell how.

I noted this as I recently got a fire chest. If I am reading it correctly, on average 24 runs of 1-4-1 would fill the chest and similarly for 15 runs of 1-19-4. The former seems correct but the latter seems off. Any thoughts? Am I reading it wrong?

Also I did a quick run of 1-4-1 and faced 4 fire monsters and received 5 recruits (on par) whereas I did a run of 1-19-4 and faced 11 fire monsters and received 7 recruits. The former seems to align with the workbook but the latter doesn’t.

Lastly, thank you for all your hard work on compiling this data and sharing.

2 Likes

Hmmm… It looks like my spreadsheet counted 1:19-4 as having only 10 fire monsters per run instead of 11. If it got 10 fire monsters per run, it would indeed take 90WE (15 runs) to complete the mission.

Found a formula bug for levels which had two bosses and (I believe) squashed it, along with one for levels with bosses of two different colors that might not have come up yet. Now it says that 1:19-4 takes 84WE (14 runs) to fill a fire chest.

Turns out that 1:4-1 also has two boss monsters, thus was affected by the same error and (on average) will take only 20 runs to complete the mission now.

Thanks for helping me find that, @khryxum.

2 Likes

You are quite welcome and thank you for such a quick reply! I’ll try to get you some data as well from my various screenshots.

1 Like

Is there a better area to farm for recruits than season 2, section 21 part 2 on hard?

@Dandcoug I moved your question to a thread that can help answer it. :slight_smile:

The guide at the top of this thread is the most detailed and accurate farming guide available, and covers both Seasons 1 and 2.

If you open it, you’ll be able to see not only best Stages for Recruits, but also the best Stages for Recruits while farming other particular items you’re after.

2 Likes

Hi all, I’m done with Season 2 normal and hard mode. I’ve started working on the special stages gem missions. Can anyone tell me the best recruits per world energy special stages in season 2?

Hi @Thorick, I moved your question to a thread that can help answer it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @zephyr1 !!!

1 Like

@BarryWuzHere have you find out which stage have the best orihalcum seadragon/flag?

@yelnats_24, I haven’t crunched the data I’ve got yet, but I’ve figured out a couple things

• Pick the stage in a province with the highest monster count for more seadragons. When all else is equal, seadragons are a low percentage of mob monsters, and besides recruits all the other farming still doesn’t vary inside a province.
  • Higher WE cost provinces have higher seadragon rates, more than enough to overwhelm the lower monster per WE rates. (Seen looking at 2-3 levels spot checked)
  • All other farming (besides seadragons) is improved most in the lowest WE provinces…and the Atlantis coin drop rate is still so low that I can’t (personally) justify farming for them at the expense of other things like recruits, backpacks, and total crafting items.
9 Likes

@Thorick, the S2 missions tab shows all the special stages, sorted by WE required and recruits, so the first stage listed is the one you want.

3 Likes

Thanks @BarryWuzHere

1 Like