Barry Farmz Here -- Comprehensive data driven farming guide for Season 3, Season 2, Season 1, Elemental Chests, Atlantis Rises, Missions, and more

Not exactly, but I recall Barry being pretty confident that it averaged out to the same amount in each level throughout any given province/difficulty.

1 Like

Hi there,

It seems that the element chest is broken again…
Any solution ?

agree - I’ve noticed similar

Someone in my alliance posted a summary sheet that includes best levels to farm in S3 (as well as S2 – it’s here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/818589826172977213/852639984103849984/image0.png). At the bottom was a reference to this thread which I have seen before, so I was like, cool, they got S3 in the farmz sheet. However I come here and nope, I don’t see it in the sheet in the first post when I click it. So has the data been compiled for Valhalla Forever? And if so, could someone point to correct link…

Thanks

3 Likes

is this spread sheet still being updated?

It is not. See here for the most current asc/craft mat farming info, at least.

3 Likes

This isn’t the first time I’ve said this but I think it should be said in a couple of spots. There are some great projects that seems to have fallen behind. Barry Farmz Here spreadsheet, Anchor’s Hero Grading, and POIs Heroes List are some of a great tools that need support. It would be nice to see SG do something to support these projects. It’s the community that goes the extra mile and everyone benefits including the multi million dollar SG. Having a few more community regulars/moderators able to edit them so that the burden is not on one person, and that they don’t die if those players move on. It would be great to see both spreadsheets into a forum version and this list into a spreadsheet version. For those spearheading the work for the community, we thank you for your efforts but please don’t shy from asking for help, burnout is real and I’m sure there are others who would love to help. It would be nice for the authors of threads to be able to allow other users the ability to edit or put has the new author of the thread to help with updating, I’m sure they have saved master copies that they can reload if something goes awry.

I don’t think that’s really realistic, sadly. Barry hasn’t worked on this in over a year. Maybe two. And it’s so deep that I don’t think it’s possible for someone else to pick it up and run with it. (There was one other guy who had been continuing to collect data for a while, and who knew how the spreadsheets worked behind the scenes, but he quit a few months ago too.)

I can’t speak to Anchor’s or POI’s stuff. Except Anchor’s grades are largely trash, imo.

7 Likes

Hobby

Click for notes

I agree

It is a hobby

Spend depth

Why?

ZS could solve this many, many ways

Click for notes

Fully transparent loot tool tips

Logical loot progression

Add a search function to summons and display inactive summons ( example display Black Friday summons, and let us search it, but not summon from it )

All summoned heroes are summoned at maximum level

Allow heroes to be reduced to X* 1.1 with full refund of Hero XP ( Trainer heroes or Hero XP bundle ), Food, Iron, Emblems and Aethers

Allow players to swap levels of two heroes ( Example Obakan 5^85+20 could swap with Panther 5* 1.1 resulting in Obakan 5* 1.1 and Panther 5^85+20 )

But ZS wants it to be confusing

The same reason Classic heroes are included in most summons, heroes are summoned at X* 1.1, summons are available for a limited time, loot profession is weird, tool tips are vague, non farmable 3* / 4* ascension items are rare, etc.

SGG is a small team and have to keep ahead of players

Notes

Click for notes

Spend depth

FIN

2 Likes

The elemental chest data is broken again.

I had my own copy to make sure that people screwing around with the rows in the info tab wouldn’t mess it up. The problem, however, is in the S3 summary sheet. Right off the bat there are invalid formulas - who will make edits to a sheet like this that break formulas in the LIVE version, rather than a dev/beta version?!

The problem with this project is not that nobody continues to maintain it… it’s that the wrong people were apparently granted access to the sheets… people who are irresponsible about their edits and don’t know WFT they are doing. I am sorry but I am livid when it comes to crap-tastic “volunteers” who break code. That is why, for example, I don’t work on this project directly, because the amount of learning I’d need to do to be qualified is just too much.

But I will take a stab anyway: The S3 data sheet “BFH: Chests and S3 Missions” has a limit on the number of rows in sheet “POV Counts”. Because of that, the array import of some stuff that goes into a quotient isn’t importing. And because of that, there is division by zero errors. And because of that, all the resulting computations are fragged. So basically somebody has to figure out if there is a reason that “POV Counts” was limited to 279 rows, or was it just arbitrary. My guess is that somewhere there is a coded row count that will get messed up if rows are simply added.

So… if you want to get this project back on track, it becomes necessary to figure out where these hard coded limits are, and put protections in place to prevent eager-beaver data adders from blowing through them.

Is there a place where devs discuss this project other than this forum?

1 Like

Look, I don’t like them either, but what does the Washington Football Team have to do with any of this? Also, they’re calling themselves the Washington Commanders now, FYI.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

So… this was a player-driven project. The devs were never involved. But as far as I know, nobody who had edit access is still an active player.

1 Like

And all it takes to transform functionality from choice profanity to a conversation of the-team-formerly-known-as-Redskins is two transposed letters. So you see my point - nobody should be working in the live sheets until the effect of their edits are reviewed and debugged if necessary.

If none of the folks with edit access still are involved with the game, then how is it that the sheets keep changing? Is it possible that there are scripts which are doing this automatically? That would really be something impressive and would change my outlook considerably.

To be fair, Cobra Commander would screw up @BarryWuzHere 's spreadsheets

Destro is the tech savvy one

FIN

4 Likes

There is in fact something slightly sinister about naming the team of the nation’s capital… the center of the universe of unaccountable bureaucrats… calling that team “the commanders”.

Now if they were in Annapolis MD or West Point NY, or even Lexington VA it wouldn’t bother me so much. But the DC commanders… I will really get worried when Tony Faucci shows up with an “N95” mask that looks like cobra commander’s mask.

2 Likes

Yes. I don’t know for certain, but I do think Barry had the sheets set up to switch to “AR mode” automatically. So this probably happens every month?

1 Like

Sorry, but what is “AR” mode - “Atlantis Rise” mode? From what I can make out, he has a formula that check when AR is going on - by computing a start date and end date and checking the current date against it - not sure how it accounts for time zone / International Date Line issues across different user jurisdictions.

But all I think is happening in AR mode is that it pulls from one summary sheet when Atlantis Rises is active and another summary sheet when Atlantis Rises isn’t active. But right now (during AR), the Info:B32 cell and it’s link are hidden, so I cant see if it’s pointing to a live sheet or what. I don’t think it was hidden last time I looked at it. Unless there is some macro running to hide cells, then I continue to suspect someone with edit access has fragged the sheets.

As of now, the element chests not populating. Hard to think that this degree of “automation” was necessary. If there are different costs to levels in AR and non-AR, just put up the costs. People who are unable to figure which chart applies should get a clue.

I went back to my “dupe” copy and here’s what I found:

Contents of Info!B31:
|BFH: Atlantis Rising re-calc spreadsheet link:|BFH: Atlantis Rises re-calc - Google Sheets

Contents of Info!B32:
|BFH: Elemental Chests spreadsheet link (old):expressionless:BFH: Chests and S2 Missions - Google Sheets

NOW, IN MY BACKUP, WHICH WAS MADE MONTHS AGO, the formula in the elemental chests points to the contents of B31. I think that’s a correction I made manually. In the current “live” BFH sheet, it’s still pointing to B32, which is hidden - probably because it’s “old” and not supposed to be used anymore. But here’s the kicker, the “new” AR sheet doesn’t have the “chest filling” range that the “old” sheet has, which obviously will cause the check filling stuff to break during AR. Only strange thing is that sometimes it still works. So I have to wonder whether the a mystery editor who is hiding cells also is hiding sheets and messing with ranges?

1 Like

I believe that there has been at least one, maybe two or three calendar changes since he abandoned the project. If it’s automatically switching into AR mode, it’s probably not actually doing it at the right time.

1 Like

Yeah, I just verified that… it shows “FALSE” now so it’s not in AR mode. That’s why my dupe copy is working curerntly Since the ‘new’ AR data pulls are to a sheet that doesn’t exist, the elemental chests are guaranteed to be broken every time the sheet switches to AR mode in the “as designed” implementation. Looks like he was working on the new AR sheet in 2019 and maybe just didn’t get around to finishing it, or maybe somebody nuked that sheet. Either way, it explains why someone reverted the link back to “Info!B32” instead of “Info!B31”.

But still there is this little problem – that the “Info!B32” cell is hidden and not working in the “live” sheet, while it is working in my dupe backup sheet - just not giving me results that factor in AR lower costs, which I think never was complete… maybe someone with history can confirm this?

2 Likes

Sorry I can’t help you there. My knowledge of spreadsheets is very limited