Barry Farmz Here -- Comprehensive data driven farming guide for Season 3, Season 2, Season 1, Elemental Chests, Atlantis Rises, Missions, and more

Are the drop rates per world energy point, or per stage run?

1 Like

I’m kinda paranoid about losing data … and I did make an entire separate sheet for data entry already–that is a great idea.

@KLinMayhem, All the results are drop rate per WE in the sheet, all the data entry is drop rate per farming run (or combined loot ticket run), and I do have a few oddball calculations that multiply it out for samples per farming run in there someplace

4 Likes

Yeah, S1 results are thin in places … but it has been farmed for a long time, so I don’t expect to find any big surprises there. S2 still has new things to discover!

1 Like

Just did 90 WE on 6-1. Didn’t get 1 dragonbone. :frowning:

1 Like

Are you on Android or iOS ? Also, have you tried throwing your phone at the wall ? That usually does the trick…

14 Likes

31 Likes

@Wormwood’s Guide to Farming:

• Dragon Bones: throw phone at wall

• Rugged Clothes: run phone through laundry

• Meteor Fragment: cook phone at 500 F in oven

• Grimoire Dust: place phone in blender

• Midnight Roots: bury phone in swamp

34 Likes

Great work Barry! Wasn’t expecting you to publish soon so I’m still collecting mine to add to yours. Thanks for your work, appreciate it Barry :smiley:

1 Like

Pro-Tips ! :laughing:

2 Likes

That’s what I do! For all 20

1 Like

Hello Barry, thanks again for your work but it seems that your sheet was completely disorganized (colors and others) ; perhaps I’m wrong :slight_smile:

Can you be more specific? Seems well-organized to me…

The colors are used to group ascension items and crafting items by star level. It may not be obvious but it is intentional.

3 Likes

It is only that your colors have changed compared to the previous version. I was misled by the best level of rugged clothes that changed from 2-4-8 to 2-4-1. Sorry

1 Like

Agreed on the sample size would be different for different kinds of farmable stuff.

Does 3* ascension materials include hidden blades?

Yes.

But to clarify, they don’t drop on the map. So that’s only farmable AM here.

2 Likes

Yes and no. 3* ascension items include “farmable” and non-farmable" categories which (to my mind) shouldn’t be confused with each other.

Hidden blades are one you will never find doing a map level, i.e. non-farmable.

3 Likes

Groan… I got my hopes up…

1 Like

I’ve got a lot of data that wasn’t counted in HDM’s guide, so some results are different.

I’m also starting to look into how many samples it really takes to measure drop rates, and whether I can take advantage of patterns in how items drop when farming to average things out further.

For example, recruits for a specific level are N-1 / N / N+1 and it appears that they are all equally likely, so it will average out to the middle number with enough data runs. I might take a shortcut using this information.

1 Like